Snakes On A Plane

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Snakes On A Plane

Postby Kkun » Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:55 am

I can't believe no one made a thread about this yet.

Movie of the year? Samuel L. Jackson thinks so. All I know is I'm going to be there opening night.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby ShadowCat » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:11 am

Ahhh.....>.> another horror movie. I don't like horror movies, and this kind of looks like another pointless movie about being trapped with something thats out for human flesh...
ShadowCat

Postby Alice » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:46 am

It all sounds like a joke to me. Snakes... on... a... plane. Yeah.
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share

And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence.
Alice

Postby Kkun » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:50 am

Alice wrote:It all sounds like a joke to me. Snakes... on... a... plane. Yeah.

It's no joke. It's snakes...on a plane. It's like how Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector was the best movie because he had TWO occupations -- CABLE GUY AND HEALTH INSPECTOR!

It's serious AND brilliant.
Kkun

Postby Stephen » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:21 am

Funny thing is. In South America like a month ago, some dude landed with a Python in one hand. Everyone wanted to know if he yelled into his radio, "I have *beep* snakes on a plane!!!" Yes I will see this movie. It has cult classic written all over it. Perhaps our generations Evil Dead.
Stephen

Postby Kkun » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:37 am

Ark wrote:Funny thing is. In South America like a month ago, some dude landed with a Python in one hand. Everyone wanted to know if he yelled into his radio, "I have *beep* snakes on a plane!!!" Yes I will see this movie. It has cult classic written all over it. Perhaps our generations Evil Dead.

You know, I hope so. We need one. I think it's going to be awesomely bad. I can't wait to see it.
Kkun

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:01 am

Evil Dead of our generation eh? Well.......if so I WILL LOVE IT! I think this movie is gonna be very corny but in a very very good way (like the Evil dead movies)
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:04 am

I gotta see this, most definitely.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Seppuku » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:33 am

>.> i'll see it but im not sure if i should XDDD

[url=myspace.com/seppukuasylum]myspace.com/seppukuasylum[/url]

"Theres no such thing as trolls!"
Then how do you explain the dead unicorns?
Seppuku

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:31 pm

The movie title that says it all and only took a second to come up with.Must have been written by someone at AS it sounds like they're type of mentality.
mitsuki lover

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:40 pm

In the trivia on IMDB, it said the producers or someone wanted to change the title to something less stupid, and Jackson said he'd only work on the movie if they kept the title as "Snake on a plane"

No wonder the Jedi all perished.

This must be the new trend... Do something really stupid, like give something a stupid name and ignore all the rules, trying to worship originality, to gain support by the buzz over your stupidity... *coughwiicough* Yeah... I'm sure this movie will hit big... Simply because people are talking about it so much...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Nate » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:31 am

Yes, it will. It's exactly like Nintendo, Bob. Give it a weird name and people will embrace it, or at the very least it will get huge publicity.

And yes, at one point, the film's working title was altered to Pacific Air Flight 121. In August 2005, a perturbed Samuel L. Jackson told an interviewer, "We're totally changing that back. That's the only reason I took the job: I read the title." In another interview in early 2006, Jackson claimed that once he learned about the movie title being changed he said: "What are you doing here? It's not Gone with the Wind. It's not On the Waterfront. It's Snakes on a Plane!"

At any rate, I am SO freaking there. The title doubles as the plot summary. It's going to be freaking great.

Though officially it's listed as an action/horror film, there's speculation it's a cheesy parody of horror films like Evil Dead or Attack of the Killer Tomatos. Which only makes this movie more awesome.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:51 am

I am pretty excited about this movie XD

You know what's better than snakes on a plane?
TYRANNOSAURS IN F-14s! (Click)
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Kkun » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:13 am

Bobtheduck wrote:In the trivia on IMDB, it said the producers or someone wanted to change the title to something less stupid, and Jackson said he'd only work on the movie if they kept the title as "Snake on a plane"

No wonder the Jedi all perished.

This must be the new trend... Do something really stupid, like give something a stupid name and ignore all the rules, trying to worship originality, to gain support by the buzz over your stupidity... *coughwiicough* Yeah... I'm sure this movie will hit big... Simply because people are talking about it so much...

Yes, it's stupid.

But you know what? It's going to be entertaining, and really, that's all I go to the movies for.
Kkun

Postby CDLviking » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:34 am

Another product of the plotline dart board. Toss one dart for conflict, second for location. The thing that gets me is that they didn't even bother to give it a decent title, it's just summary of the plot.
CDLviking

Postby Kkun » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:11 pm

CDLviking wrote:Another product of the plotline dart board. Toss one dart for conflict, second for location. The thing that gets me is that they didn't even bother to give it a decent title, it's just summary of the plot.

Man, you guys are taking this thing way too seriously. It's not a movie:

IT'S SNAKES ON A PLANE.
Kkun

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:30 pm

:lol: I saw a commercial for this on TV the other day.

"This summer...

Pirates rule the seas...

But snakes rule the skies."

I nearly died laughing. It was great. XD But yeah, I doubt I'll pay the 8.25$ to see this one, even though it's going to be a landmark in the film industry. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby The Last Bard » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:13 pm

I'm a fan of Samuel L. Jackson so I'm going to be seeing it. It looks very intresting, because when you first hear about it, you're thinking it sounds like a joke. And then you check it out and it actually looks good.
The Last Bard

Postby Pent » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:38 pm

lol. No it doesn't. Inless you mean in a stupid way it's good. Or maybe I got it all wrong. I don't know if I can pay full price to go see this one.
Pent

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:58 pm

:lol: I read an article today about how some security guys found an actual snake on an actual plane. The snake was in a cage, though, but the article cracked me up, since it said something to the effect of, "What would have happened if that snake had gotten loose? Samuel L. Jackson wouldn't have been there to kick it's a**! But then again...do snakes even have a**es?" XDD The article's author thought it was a marketing ploy for New Line. I just thought it was hysterical. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Kkun » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:28 pm

Pent wrote:lol. No it doesn't. Inless you mean in a stupid way it's good. Or maybe I got it all wrong. I don't know if I can pay full price to go see this one.

It's going to be stupid in a way that is good, I hope. The phrase I'm using to pitch it to friends is "awesomely bad."
Kkun

Postby The Last Bard » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:13 pm

It will be awesome, but I wouldn't start calling it this generation's Evil Dead.
The Last Bard

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:20 pm

kaemmerite wrote:Yes, it will. It's exactly like Nintendo, Bob. Give it a weird name and people will embrace it, or at the very least it will get huge publicity.

To be fair to mr jackson, Snakes on a Plane was the title before Wii was the new Nintendo system's name, so if anything, Nintendo got the idea from them... Either that, or it's the collective worldwide entertainment industry hookah, with a little extra somethin something thrown in for good measure...

As for full price, I need only go to a 3:00 showing and I get in for 3.50... It really is good living in a college town!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Locke » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:09 pm

Anyone else having trouble NOT using expletives while explaining this movie to a friend?
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby Kkun » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:42 pm

Locke wrote:Anyone else having trouble NOT using expletives while explaining this movie to a friend?

Yes, because it's not Snakes On A Plane, it's #$*&#$*&#$ Snakes on a #$*&#$*#&$ Plane.
Kkun

Postby Myoti » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:43 pm

Many things with retarded titles ended up being ridiculously good. I mean, come on.
Kirby? Donkey Kong? Super Mario Bros.? Yeah, pretty STUPID ideas those were... =p

I'm not a fan of these kinds of films, but I gotta know how this goes down. "Awesomely bad." Nice. XD
Myoti

Postby everdred12a » Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:54 am

Now, with Clerks II out of the way, this is the only movie left on my must-see list! xD

everdred12a

Postby Needle Noggin » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:26 am

This has already been proven to be the best movie ever.
Go young wildebeest
for you must gallop yonder
mayonaise amen
Needle Noggin

Postby SnoringFrog » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:19 pm

I don't think it looks to be any good at all. I might see it when it comes out on dvd, might. But I know I won't be seeing it in theaters.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby rocklobster » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:02 am

This one looks destined for a Raspberry award.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Next

Return to General Entertainment