Xia Lin Showdown

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Xia Lin Showdown

Postby Linksquest » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:35 am

I've been watching this for about a week now, and I love it! Omi is like a smiley face with a body! I love it XDD

anyone else been watching this?

OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://kidswb.warnerbros.com/web/stuff/stuff_display.jsp?id=XIA
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Postby TallasLint » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:24 pm

I used to watch the show a lot. I liked How Kimiko's hair changed like every other episode ^.^
Lint.
TallasLint

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:42 pm

Poor Jack,all his evil plans go kfooie!
mitsuki lover

Postby Linksquest » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:11 pm

TallasLint wrote:I used to watch the show a lot. I liked How Kimiko's hair changed like every other episode ^.^

And sometimes... even in the SAME episode it would change! :lol: ROFL! That is so hilarious! XDD
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.

Linksquest

Postby beau99 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:45 pm

Linksquest wrote:And sometimes... even in the SAME episode it would change! :lol: ROFL! That is so hilarious! XDD

Not exactly. She's modeled after a ko girl, which is a Japanese term for a rich girl who spends her money on fancy clothes and hairstyles.
beau99

Postby termyt » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:19 am

I don't seek this show out, but I have a good impression of it. It's a lot better than most of the stuff on TV these days, so I usually watch it when I come across it.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Rocketshipper » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:35 pm

I REALLY like this show a lot!!! It's pretty entertaining, with weird characters, and some of the later fight scenes have been pretty good. But I am getting very irritated over how about 90% of the episodes focuse on Omi >_<. I want some more Clay centered episodes!!!!
Jessie and James, together forever!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!! Save me!!

Eternal Defender of Tracey Sketchit. If you are a Brock lover, beware ^_^

"Like the moon over
the day, my genius and brawn
are lost on these fools"-Bowser, Super Mario RPG

Confused about the meaning of the screen name??

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/RocketShipping

Go here and be enlightened ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Click the above link...I dare you.

http://community.livejournal.com/ship_manifesto/87185.html

The best essay on Junzumi shipping ever ^^.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rocketshipper
Rocketshipper

Postby Linksquest » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:08 pm

I loved the episode that I watched today with the Ring of the nine dragons... or something like that. OMI was soo hilarious! He was like "You're a silly man. I like cake."

And then he hugged Jack Spicer "HUG!" ROFL!!!! I think it was the funniest episode yet!

I love this show!
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

Linksquest

Postby everdred12a » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:16 pm

beau99 wrote:Not exactly. She's modeled after a ko girl, which is a Japanese term for a rich girl who spends her money on fancy clothes and hairstyles.

Actually, the term is ko-gal. Just sayin'.

But yes, I like this show! It's kind of a guilty pleasure (my parents walk through the room: "What on earth are you watching?" "Xiaolin Showdown..." "Uh, what? Whatever.")

everdred12a

Postby Linksquest » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:20 pm

I just realized that I mis-titled this thread... should have been Xiaolin Showdown.. oh well... I didn't know that Omi's head was supposed to be the "o" ROFL :sweat:
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

Linksquest

Postby RubyJewelStone » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:11 am

I <3 that show. I don't watch it religiously or anything, but I catch it when I can. What can I say? Omi's amusing.

Some of Kimiko's "inventive" hairstyles scare me sometimes. ^_^'
I believe in the sun even if it isn't shining. I believe in love even when I am alone. I believe in God even when he is silent.
~Author Unknown
RubyJewelStone

Postby Seppuku » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:21 am

its a decent show ^ - ^ if it pops on the tube i leave it on. <.< has anyone else noticed the naruto-esque ninjay shows poping all around >.> first naruto gets translated, then avatar the last air bender and now xiaolin showdown. tho i gotta give xaiolin props for originality

[url=myspace.com/seppukuasylum]myspace.com/seppukuasylum[/url]

"Theres no such thing as trolls!"
Then how do you explain the dead unicorns?
Seppuku

Postby everdred12a » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:18 am

Actually, Xiaolin Showdown has been around for a long time. They only recently started making new episodes because Cartoon Network acquired the license. I think Kids WB had it before... But I can remember Xiaolin Showdown airing as early as 2003, which was before Naruto became a mainstream hit.

everdred12a

Postby Myoti » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:09 am

I saw a little bit of it before and was kinda turned off by the anime take-off bits. Maybe I just need to give this one more time? o.O
Myoti

Postby everdred12a » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:37 am

I have to correct myself on my earlier post. They aren't making new episodes of Xiaolin Showdown. They are only playing re-runs, though there are rumors that there will be another season. Kids WB has XS listed on its 2006-07 lineup. Though, it hasn't been stated whether these will be reruns again or a new, fourth season.

On a side note, season one of XS has been slated for a DVD release on August 8th.

everdred12a

Postby RubyJewelStone » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:47 pm

I'm fairly certain those shows were there before Naruto came out on CN.
I believe in the sun even if it isn't shining. I believe in love even when I am alone. I believe in God even when he is silent.
~Author Unknown
RubyJewelStone

Postby Linksquest » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:46 pm

everdred12a wrote:
On a side note, season one of XS has been slated for a DVD release on August 8th.

WHOA! I want to buy that! hehe
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

Linksquest

Postby everdred12a » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:06 pm

If it's cheap, I'd buy it too xD

everdred12a

Postby rocklobster » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:12 pm

This show just screams "Dragonball rip-off!" to me.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:19 pm

This falls under the heading "Ameri-me" or american made cartoons that try to pass off as anime. For a prime example, see "Avatar, The Last Airbender".

As far as "Showdown" goes, It's OKAY...not that good, but it's cool for kids and stuff. However, IMHO, I think Cartoon Network aquired the licence for that based on the popularity of Naruto...I think the executives said something like-- "Hey, Kids WB is going to give up the rights to Xialin Showdown next month! Since we're doing so good with Naruto, why don't we bring this over and air it during the day, then air Naruto during the weekends?"
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Return to General Entertainment