Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

Postby jayquam » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:55 pm

Anybody ever seen Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. I bought HERO and loved it. By the way, does anyone know why CTHD is pg-13.
Serious, Intense, Low-key.
jayquam

Postby Jingo Jaden » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:56 pm

I have seen CTHD. Some okay fighing stuff.
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Puguni » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:43 pm

One sexual scene, most likely. I love Chinese fighting because it's more of an art than bloody random slashings, but Chinese movies have stepped it up with sex scenes, me thinks.

I think Hero is pg-13/R for the same reasons CTHD is.
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:50 pm

Yea it is rated pg-13 for sexuality (maybe sensuality not sure) and violence. I didn't think it aws anyworse than hero personally.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby jayquam » Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:40 pm

Yeah, Hero had one scene, but nothing was shown or anything. maybe ill search around before i buy it.
jayquam

Postby oro! » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:07 pm

BTW, while we're one it, do y'all have a preference as to whether to use the English version or subtitled with Cantonese/Mandarin?

I personally like the original version, which seems more natural.
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby Ashley » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:15 pm

Actually the sexual scene in Hero was much, much worse than the one in CTHD. CTHD was good, but a bit confusing--I'm a fan of the genre, but I still found it hard to keep up with.

I prefer the subtitled versions--dubs in anime are one thing, dubs in "real life" always look a tad off to me, and besides, I like reading. =)

Do avoid Iron Monkey though---terrible waste of time.
Ashley

Postby Nate » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:28 pm

Eh, I guess I have to be the one voice of dissent here. I found the film to be terrible overall. That girl made me sick. She was way too arrogant. I found myself cheering for the bad guys for the majority of the movie because I wanted to see her get the snot beat out of her.

And I'm sorry, but watching them stand on tree branches that were so flimsy they wouldn't have supported the weight of a bird, let alone a human, was just absolutely ridiculous. It really detracted from the believability of the movie...I kept expecting to see visible wires holding the actors up.

So yeah...I didn't like it at all, sorry to those of you who do. I just tend to prefer main characters that are actually likeable, and special effects that don't look ridiculous.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby ShadowCat » Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:09 am

It was ok....
ShadowCat

Postby suribachi » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:43 am

I thought CTHD was pretty good. I liked Hero too. Thought the artsy choreography and fight scenes were pretty good.
"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father."
John 14:12
suribachi

Postby jayquam » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:31 pm

[quote="Ashley"]Actually the sexual scene in Hero was much, much worse than the one in CTHD. QUOTE]
Really, nothing is shown CTHD right? If so, I'll be ordering mine from amazon. They were selling it for a penny.
jayquam

Postby Ashley » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:35 pm

Really, nothing is shown CTHD right?

Ok, once and for all here's a detailed description of the scene. You have been sufficiently warned if this sort of stuff offends you:

You have a girl and a guy in a cave, you see him on top of her, I think there's a little moaning....all in all, you can tell what's going on, but it's short and I don't recall any nudity.
Ashley

Postby jayquam » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:18 am

Ok, thank you Ashley me good friend. I guess its time to round up that penny and buy it :cool:
jayquam

Postby Kanerou » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:38 am

Ashley wrote:Ok, once and for all here's a detailed description of the scene. You have been sufficiently warned if this sort of stuff offends you:

You have a girl and a guy in a cave, you see him on top of her, I think there's a little moaning....all in all, you can tell what's going on, but it's short and I don't recall any nudity.

And his hand in her pants. Or coming out of them, actually.

As far as the effects goes, I thought it was pretty cool. Yeah, it's totally unrealistic, but still.... kinda reminded me of live-action anime, just without the nudity. ^.^
"You've gotta speak about those things you don't currently see as though they already exist. Back in the beginning, God didn't look into space and say, 'Gee, it's dark.' He called light into existence."

Gotta Getta Gundam. ;)

Raiden no Kishi (post: 1218170) wrote:Also, I hope never to hear "Nate" and "prance" in the same sentence again . . .
Kanerou

Postby Puguni » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:27 am

kaemmerite wrote:Eh, I guess I have to be the one voice of dissent here. I found the film to be terrible overall. That girl made me sick. She was way too arrogant. I found myself cheering for the bad guys for the majority of the movie because I wanted to see her get the snot beat out of her.

And I'm sorry, but watching them stand on tree branches that were so flimsy they wouldn't have supported the weight of a bird, let alone a human, was just absolutely ridiculous. It really detracted from the believability of the movie...I kept expecting to see visible wires holding the actors up.

So yeah...I didn't like it at all, sorry to those of you who do. I just tend to prefer main characters that are actually likeable, and special effects that don't look ridiculous.

Yeah, I wasn't too fond of the girl either. :X

Maybe it was ridiculous for you, but there are a lot of things that don't seem believable that are true. I'm not saying that I've seen asian people jumping around on flimsy branches without wires, but you can't claim that it's totally unbelievable.
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Return to General Entertainment