Favorite Twilight Zone episode

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Favorite Twilight Zone episode

Postby rocklobster » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:01 am

What's your favorite Twilight Zone episodes? Post the title (if you know it) and the summary. Don't forget the twist ending!
Here's mine:
"It's a Good Life"
A boy has the power to wish anything he wants and it comes true. The whole small town is under his thumb and must obey his every whim.
The twist: Actually, the whole ep is a twist. But at the end, he "punishes" the town by causing a blizzard. But it's a good thing it happened, really. :lol:
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:39 pm

That was the episode that starred Billy Mumy(now Bill Mumy)before he became famous as Will "Danger Will Robinson" Robinson on Lost In Space.

I liked the one with Burgess Meredith where he accidentally becomes literally the last man on Earth after an atomic war kills everyone else(he's reading in the bank
vault when it happens,and don't ask how THAT saved him)any way it ends in one of the most ironic twists as he is at the town library and gloating that he finally has time enough to read all the books,and then he breaks his glasses!
mitsuki lover

Postby Angel37 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:42 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:That was the episode that starred Billy Mumy(now Bill Mumy)before he became famous as Will "Danger Will Robinson" Robinson on Lost In Space.

I liked the one with Burgess Meredith where he accidentally becomes literally the last man on Earth after an atomic war kills everyone else(he's reading in the bank
vault when it happens,and don't ask how THAT saved him)any way it ends in one of the most ironic twists as he is at the town library and gloating that he finally has time enough to read all the books,and then he breaks his glasses!

That's mine too!! Though it kinda makes me sad....
Angel37

Postby Maledicte » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:21 pm

Let's see...

-the one with the book guy and the glasses...I forget the title. Very good ep.
-The Eye of the Beholder: classic. Pig faces are scary.
-Number 18 Looks Just Like You: good social commentary. Even scarier how closer reality today looks like that.
-The one where the spaceship crashes and the crew lands in the desert, then they kill each other off for water...and it turns out they landed right back on Earth.
-To Serve Man: a little vice of mine.
-The Monsters have Landed on Maple Street: wonderful episode, and scary. And it could happen like this, too. War of the Worlds has nothing on this.
Maledicte

Postby suribachi » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:59 am

To Serve Man is probably my favorite.

I also like the one where the earth is off it's orbit and is heating up but then the plot twist -- the lady wakes up from a dream and the earth is actually freezing and moving further from the sun.

I also like the one with William Shatner and the gremlin outside the plane.
"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father."
John 14:12
suribachi

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:56 pm

To Serve Man is interesting because it ends up with the famous line about the
book the CIA has been trying to decode is a cookbook on how best to serve man
for DINNER!
Incident At Owl Bridge is another good one.
The Monsters Are Due On Main Street is a good commentary on how rumor can turn neighbor against neighbor.
Then there is the one with Elizabeth Montgomery of Bewitched fame where she and another actor play the only two survivors of a World War and he's on one side and she's on the other.Really good as mainly it is shown without any dialogue until the end.Best scene is the final one where he decides he doesn't want to fight any more and she comes out wearing a wedding dress over her combat fatigues.
mitsuki lover

Postby Locke » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:26 pm

I saw an episode of the new TZ that stuck with me, the one about the doctor (guy from Seinfeld?) who actually saves deaths life and death actually retires. he convices death to come back after deeing the suffering that people go through when death isn't an option.

The twist? Death was about to kill HIM before he retired.
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby Maledicte » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:43 pm

Just saw "The Invaders" tonight. Haha, we are now reduced to being maniacal chainsaw-wielding robots intent on terrorizing old ladies. :lol:
Maledicte

Postby suribachi » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:43 pm

The one with Elizabeth Montgomery was really good-- and interesting because her co-star in it was Charles Bronson. If I remember correctly quite a few stars of Bewitched were in The twilight Zone -- Dick York, the guy who played Larry tate and the lady who played Endora were all in Twilight Zone episodes. That'sthe other thing that's cool about the Twilight Zone is you see people in episodes who later became famous but weren't at the time.

Charles Bronson, Elizabeth Montgomery,William Shatner, Robert Redford, James Doohan, Dennis Hopper just to name a few.
"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father."
John 14:12
suribachi

Postby Myoti » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:50 pm

"The Monsters are Due on Maple Street" was one of the best to me.

Can't believe no one mentioned the one about the manicans. o.o
Myoti

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:41 pm

Art Carney did a memorable appearance as a down on his luck department store Santa who gets fired and then finds a honest to goodness Elf with a magic bag that
in the end makes him into the real Santa Claus.
Then there was the one where Jack Klugman played a game of pool with the Devil.
mitsuki lover

Postby Maledicte » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:44 pm

Yeah Myoti, "After Hours" was pretty creepy. The ending fell a little flat, but the atmosphere was really well done.

The one with the preacher who goes insane at the slot machines is pretty freaky too. I mean, hearing the "voice" of the clanking coins going "Fraaanklin"...gee, that's scary.
Maledicte

Postby Rei » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:33 am

YA know, I really liked the DH Sign series, but when this one came out it totally ruind my fantasys. I would have to say my fav episode was the one where they met Olca.
Rei

Postby Linksquest » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:44 am

Number 18 Looks Just Like You- Wow... scary how similar it is to today's world
The Monsters are Due on Maple Street- classic.
The Howling Man- Shows how easily people fall for what they want to hear.
Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up- I figured it out before the end!
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Postby Agent Anderson » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:09 pm

"Little Girl Lost"

Mom: "I can't find our daughter!"
Dad: "I'll call our neighbor Bill over; he's a physicist."
Agent Anderson

Postby Maledicte » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:30 pm

Classic one: "Where Is Everybody?" the pilot episode.

Fortunately our astronauts go up in groups. And seem to enjoy it.
Maledicte

Return to General Entertainment