The Ray Bradbury Theater

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

The Ray Bradbury Theater

Postby Linksquest » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:35 pm

65 amazing sci-fi episodes written by Ray Bradbury!

I JUST found out about this show... I am definately getting the full DVD set! I'm so excited! :jump:

I was wondering if any of you have seen any of the episodes? Whether or not you have I'm still going to purchase this because I have already read many of the short stories that became episodes in this series.
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Postby JediSonic » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:01 am

That looks pretty cool; are the same actors doing all the stories though? 0_o
JediSonic

Postby Linksquest » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:43 am

[quote="JediSonic"]That looks pretty cool]

There were many different seasons (5 or 6 I believe). Because these are all really separate short stories they really have nothing to do with one another plot-wise. I don't know if actors re-occur in different episodes, however.

I do know that William Shatner played a main role in one of the episodes.
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.

Linksquest

Postby Linksquest » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:47 pm

YAY! I purchased the entire DVD collection and It will be arriving tomorrow! I'm soooo excited!
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

Linksquest

Postby Authority3000 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:15 am

Hmmm, that's interesting. Bradbury'sbooks have a lot of profanity in them though, so, I wonder...
Authority3000

Postby Linksquest » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:34 pm

Authority3000 wrote:Hmmm, that's interesting. Bradbury'sbooks have a lot of profanity in them though, so, I wonder...

What books are you talking about? Do you mean his short stories? Some of his stories talk about creation... or a concept of God... but none of them have really used a direct attack on God... if you mean bad language... there have been peppered curse words throughout his stories... but not "a lot"

in the "Ray Bradbury Theatre" there are a few intances when there is cussing... but none of them are extreme and the words are hardly used. So far I have not encountered the "f-bomb"
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

Linksquest

Postby Authority3000 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:48 pm

Linksquest wrote:What books are you talking about? Do you mean his short stories? Some of his stories talk about creation... or a concept of God... but none of them have really used a direct attack on God... if you mean bad language... there have been peppered curse words throughout his stories... but not "a lot"

in the "Ray Bradbury Theatre" there are a few intances when there is cussing... but none of them are extreme and the words are hardly used. So far I have not encountered the "f-bomb"
It was his newer books that had the heavy cursing in them ("heavy cursing" = frequent creative combinations of most English swear words), all the books released in the 90's and late 80's I believe. Most of his books before then contained (like you said) only peppered curse words throughout, and nothing very severe. They also sometimes had actual "christian" messages.

Since the older short stories are the only ones that the Ray Bradbury Theatre includes, My original comment made a somewhat unfair comparison, and was therefore rather invalid, and inaccurate. Sorry.
Authority3000

Return to General Entertainment