Ha, ha! The Da Vinci Code is getting bad reviews

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Arnobius » Fri May 26, 2006 7:27 pm

[quote="Animus Seed"]Which is kind of a perversion of the truth, in a way... since your friend is right, God can't die, so Jesus needed to be human]
Well the DVC book (can't speak for the movie) seemed to be all over the board on Jesus. At one point it was important that Jesus and Mary Magdeline marry to unite the divine and the human, then it said nobody believed Jesus was divine until Constantine said so, and then it seemed to imply Mary Magdeline was the divine one.

As for the gnostics they were across the board. On one end you had groups like the Docetists who believed that Jesus only appeared to be human and on the other groups like the Adoptionists who believed Jesus was created human and made divine by God.

Interestingly, Dan Brown fails to realize Nicea was primarily against the Arians who held Jesus was a supernatural being created by God. Far from being a long held belief, it was created in the 300s and condemned in 321.
Arnobius

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat May 27, 2006 12:55 pm

The problem with Brown is that he asserted that most everything in the novel was based on historical facts.If he hadn't included that then there wouldn't be as much fuss as there is over the movie and book as most people wouldbe able to accept them as just entertaining bits of fiction.However because that section IS in the book it gets many people off guard into believing that everything is some how based on real facts that the Church has some how been covering up for 2,000 years.
mitsuki lover

Postby Jingo Jaden » Sat May 27, 2006 1:10 pm

Never liked the da vinci code". It is hurtfull to see so many people belive in its falseness. Man it just hurts seeing other family members reading that stuff and beliving it is true. The real truth is in the bible. We christians should stand united against the da vinci code.

By the way the da vinci code game seems to have gotten 6,5 outta 10. (A rating which is bad in my opinion).
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Nate » Sat May 27, 2006 1:19 pm

IGN gave it a 4.5 out of 10. I dunno if it's a bad rating or not, as I haven't played the game (and have no desire to), but IGN said the combat engine was pretty clunky and the puzzles were too easy, so 6.5 does seem a little high.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Jingo Jaden » Sat May 27, 2006 1:35 pm

kaemmerite wrote:IGN gave it a 4.5 out of 10. I dunno if it's a bad rating or not, as I haven't played the game (and have no desire to), but IGN said the combat engine was pretty clunky and the puzzles were too easy, so 6.5 does seem a little high.

I agree, i would rate 0,0.

And I haven't played the game. Hope I never will.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Nate » Sat May 27, 2006 1:38 pm

Eh, I dunno. 4.5 seems like a good score to me.

Nate

Postby beau99 » Sat May 27, 2006 1:53 pm

Jaden Mental wrote:Never liked the da vinci code". It is hurtfull to see so many people belive in its falseness. Man it just hurts seeing other family members reading that stuff and beliving it is true. The real truth is in the bible. We christians should stand united against the da vinci code.

Tell that to the Cardinals in Vatican City.

They say avoiding the issue completely is just a way of copping out. I agree.
beau99

Postby Arnobius » Sat May 27, 2006 5:59 pm

kaemmerite wrote:IGN gave it a 4.5 out of 10. I dunno if it's a bad rating or not, as I haven't played the game (and have no desire to), but IGN said the combat engine was pretty clunky and the puzzles were too easy, so 6.5 does seem a little high.

Of course the puzzles in the book were pretty easy too... if it had been real, people would have found out the "truth" about 15 minutes after the "secret" was created ;)
Arnobius

Postby rocklobster » Sun May 28, 2006 3:24 am

The Da Vinci Code video game is NOT going to help get rid of the "Video games are evil" image. Now they're gonna be called the spawn of Satan.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Jingo Jaden » Sun May 28, 2006 3:35 am

rocklobster wrote:The Da Vinci Code video game is NOT going to help get rid of the "Video games are evil" image. Now they're gonna be called the spawn of Satan.

Well, personaly I want to become a game designer when I have finished my education, but them people who are saying things like video games are evil are affecting my desition. I don't want people to be harmed or offended because of a simple video game, I just want them to be happy. I think I need some opinions about this issue. :(

Jingo Jaden

Postby Mithrandir » Sun May 28, 2006 7:54 am

I would recommend you chose to do something fun with your life. HOW you chose to use your gifts is up to you. Not all game designers go on to create titles like MDK or GTA.
Mithrandir

Postby Nate » Sun May 28, 2006 1:41 pm

Jaden Mental wrote:I don't want people to be harmed or offended because of a simple video game, I just want them to be happy.

There's a couple of things wrong with this logic, namely that it doesn't work. There's a saying "He who tries to please everyone pleases no one." If you try too hard not to offend anyone, you're going to make a bland game, that no one really enjoys, and then they won't be happy.

Also, you have to realize that different things offend different people. Here's an example. Fantasy magic. I'm not offended by it at all, but there are Christians out there that are. So if you put in fantasy magic, you offend those Christians who do not like it. If you leave out fantasy magic and put in something like say, prayer, and have it function as magic, you offend me, because I take offense at anyone who portrays prayer as magic.

Do you see the problem now? You're going to make some people offended either way]heavy[/b] religious theme, but it's ignorable, and that's just how I make it through this game. . . If you get sick of the Bible overtones just think of it like the people are monsters and you are killing them, rather than converting them." - taken from hand of g0d's review on GameFAQs.com

You may classify a Christian game as harmless or inoffensive, but this guy obviously was put off by the religious tones it had to offer, and as he said, only got through it because it's ignorable.

The best advice I can give is don't try to make a game that's inoffensive, because you're not going to succeed. Just make a game that's fun. In the end, that's all that really matters.

Nate

Postby Agent Anderson » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:43 pm

asdf
Last edited by Agent Anderson on Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agent Anderson

Postby Jingo Jaden » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:48 pm

Hahahaha. Loved it AA

Jingo Jaden

Postby Tommy » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:06 pm

I don't get it, sorry.
Tommy

Postby Agent Anderson » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:07 pm

It's a Zelda64 gag.
Agent Anderson

Postby Eastkun » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:44 pm

Aren't we getting a bit off topic?
Banned by my own request.
Eastkun

Postby Anime Dad » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:14 pm

I don't know if this has been brought up in this thread yet, as I haven't read through it all - but I was at a Christian men's convention a week or so ago, and one of the speakers there has been running information nights (for the general public) for people interested in the various issues brought up in the Da Vinci Code book and movie. They have been getting lots of people along to these meetings, and they love the publicity generated by the book and movie. Why? Because once all the incorrect information brought up in the movie/book has been proved to be incorrect (easily done, according to the speaker) the meeting is opened up to questions about Christianity, Jesus, the Church etc. They have seen quite a few people come to Christ as a result of these evenings.

So, what some may see as a tool of the devil is being used by God to His advantage!
Anime Dad

Location: Australia.... BTW i'm not really a dwarf with a bushy beard and a helmety thing.....

Postby rocklobster » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:16 am

Yep. In fact, it's made me more vocal about my faith here.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Kumagoro » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:38 am

I tried to read the book, but it's an utter piece of crap and waste of time. I'm not a super-super-SUPER religious person, so it's not like I'm saying this out of faith or something, but it was honestly just a terrible, poorly written book. The fact that some people actually think it's true is just... Well, stupid. How can anyone take a book called, "The Da Vinci Code" seriously? The man's name was Leonardo, man, LEONARDO. Da Vinci is just a title that refers to a person's birthplace. I'd be kind of like if someone wrote a book about you, and instead of calling it "The Jane/Joe Code", they named it "The Of Los Angeles Code".
Kumagoro

Postby rocklobster » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:36 am

And that's only the tip of this chaotic iceberg.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Maledicte » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:47 pm

Incorrect grammar for the win.

Not to mention his main character is just unbelievable. A USDA Choice Gary Stu, if you ask me.

Oh, he just *happens* to be a terrific amateur sleuth (unless, like me, you figured out who the villain was right at the get-go), but he's good-looking, athletic, and has a French woman hanging onto his every word. Yeesh, goodness.
Maledicte

Previous

Return to General Entertainment