X3 (X-Men 3)

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Rogie » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:24 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:It is definitely someone else. You see the same mutant up close later on, when the Cure makes him fall to his death. I was also disappointed that Nightcrawler simply vanished, but I'm guessing his power made some parts of the plot too difficult to pull off without people wondering why he wasn't used.

Regarding mutant classifications, I'm fairly certain that Xavier and Magneto are both Level 4. Is it just me, or has this system never been mentioned before this movie? Unless, of course, it was in the comics at some point.

I had completely forgotten about that character re-appearing until you reminded me of that. I never made the connection until now. Another wall-crawler... how odd.

About the mutant levels: I cannot recall ever knowing of these from the comics, unless it was something added in the mid-90's, after I stopped reading.

And on a quick note, who here thinks that, if there is another movie, it will revolve around:

[SPOILER]The Proteus storyline that began right before the Dark Phoenix saga in the comics. You know, when Moira's son escapes and his power is to inhabit others' bodies to survive. The only twist is that Charles seems to be doing this in the movie, at the very end. So perhaps a Charles-as-Proteus twist? Hmm...[/SPOILER]
Zar wrote:Praise God for all things awesome. Life ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But sanctify the Lord your God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
-- 1 Peter 3:15
Rogie

Postby jon0 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:49 pm

My dad and I unfortunately got up before the credits were over. So the next day at church just after the sevice was over my friend mentioned that their was something after the credits. Curiosity got the best of me and I asked him what it was. I think regardless of what was said about this being the last one I think their is going to be a sequal.
jon0

Postby Animus Seed » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:32 pm

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:My thoughts exactally

I loooveeed X3

Kitty is uhh... kinda cute XD

I'm not sure if I agree, as I couldn't tell how old the actress was...

I'm horrible at estimating ages. Something about being 20 and looking 40.
Kyrie eléison.
Animus Seed

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:49 pm

Animus Seed wrote:I'm not sure if I agree, as I couldn't tell how old the actress was...

I'm horrible at estimating ages. Something about being 20 and looking 40.

I checked on IMDB, and she was born in 1987?

So shes 19?
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Animus Seed » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:45 pm

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:I checked on IMDB, and she was born in 1987?

So shes 19?

Okay, then... *sigh of relief* yes, I think she's beautiful.
Kyrie eléison.
Animus Seed

Postby the_lizardqueen » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:20 pm

Animus Seed wrote:Okay, then... *sigh of relief* yes, I think she's beautiful.

Gotta love Hollywood always messing with our minds by casting actors way, way younger than they really are :lol:

Actually, is there any truth to the rumor I heard that the actor playing Pyro is pushing 30? That would have to be pretty jarring to all of the 14-year-old fangirls ^^;

*Is trying to remember the last time that she saw a fifteen-year-old playing a fifteen-year-old. Le gasp!*
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:57 pm

That is true how Hollywood plays with our perceptions of age. Of course, I tend to see movies starring adults, so this isn't as pronounced for me.

Regarding Pyro: The actor's name is Aaron Stanford, and this link should answer that question:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0822155/

[The answer is yes, for those too lazy to click on the link. I find that funny. He did pull off the "older teen" look fairly well, though.]
uc pseudonym

Postby jayquam » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:37 pm

The movie was ok, but I didn't like that Nightcrawler and Gambit were left out. Those were my homeboys in the comics
jayquam

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:04 am

jayquam wrote:The movie was ok, but I didn't like that Nightcrawler and Gambit were left out. Those were my homeboys in the comics

I was dissapointed how Gambit and Jubilee never made an appearance.

Nightcrawler leaves because he's a religious guy and all, and doesn't want to do violent things, etc. (Says so in the game, I read a synopsis)

I was hoping Kurt could of helped fight, he could of teleported enemies one by one into the waters or something.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Animus Seed » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:06 pm

Jubilee was in the first two movies, and as I said, I saw her name in the credits for X3, though I didn't see her in it.

My friend is complaining about Psylocke having different powers.

And my other friend, who is a total Gambit-fangirl, claims that if you look really hard on X2, one of the random guys walking around has a name tag that says "Remy" on it, though she also says she doesn't remember when and where in the movie it is.
Kyrie eléison.
Animus Seed

Postby Kkun » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:47 am

Animus Seed wrote:Jubilee was in the first two movies, and as I said, I saw her name in the credits for X3, though I didn't see her in it.

My friend is complaining about Psylocke having different powers.

And my other friend, who is a total Gambit-fangirl, claims that if you look really hard on X2, one of the random guys walking around has a name tag that says "Remy" on it, though she also says she doesn't remember when and where in the movie it is.

I don't know about that, but I know for a fact that when Mystique breaks into Stryker's office and is stealing files off of his computer, you can see a bunch of names on the list when she's looking for Magneto. The names include LeBeau, Remy (that'd be Gambit) and then a vague entry entitled Maximoff (2). That would be (for anyone who cares) Wanda Maximoff, the Scarlet Witch, and Pietro Maximoff, aka Quicksilver. I just thought that was kind of cool.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Animus Seed » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:29 pm

Subtle background cameoes in X2 also included, ironically, both Beast and Archangel. I don't mind Beast so much, as Kelsey Grammer is (in my opinion) perfect casting, but Angel wasn't worth destroying continuity for (and I mean movie continuity, not comic continuity, which {I think} shouldn't affect the movie too much). He really didn't do a thing in X3.

Yes, I just had a parenthetical statement within another paranthetical statement.
Kyrie eléison.
Animus Seed

Postby Linksquest » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:52 pm

I just watched this today. I thought that it was an "ok" movie. The special effects and the action sequences were great as well as the acting. What actually happened with plot is what upset me. The writing, with a little tweaking, could have made this an awesome movie... to me it ended up just being mediocre.

Here are my Thoughts: [SPOILER] They killed too many main characters too fast. They could have killed them later on... or in a more dramatic way... Xavier dying was like... stupid. They decimated his being the leader in future movies (if there ever are any which I seriously doubt now). What the heck was with Jean?! She was just there half the time saying nothing. The writers could have done SO MUCH MORE with her: like inner conflicts... her trying to combat the "phoenix." The climax at the end with Jean almost doing ...something... was so predictable with Wolverine killing her. I saw that coming a mile away. It would have been better if they had somehow saved her without killing her.

The only character who I thought they did justice to was the kid with wings. They had a nice progression showing him at the beginning cutting off the wings because of his father and then later saving his father and then flying free at the end... they could have used him more IMHO as well... [/SPOILER]

It could have just been SO much better with little changes. That's what upset's me most, I think.
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:02 pm

Animus Seed wrote:Subtle background cameoes in X2 also included, ironically, both Beast and Archangel. I don't mind Beast so much, as Kelsey Grammer is (in my opinion) perfect casting, but Angel wasn't worth destroying continuity for (and I mean movie continuity, not comic continuity, which {I think} shouldn't affect the movie too much). He really didn't do a thing in X3.

Yes, I just had a parenthetical statement within another paranthetical statement.

I was wondering what they were going to do with Angel, after he barely appeared in the plot at all. When he showed up in time to do the one significant thing of the movie I thought it was effective, but overall his character seemed unnecessary. It could just as easily have been someone more minor. Related to this, I did like how the boy's father ended up being the head of the company making the cure... I was wondering what that scene had to do with anything.

Embedded parenthetical statements are perfectly fine by me.
uc pseudonym

Postby the_lizardqueen » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:06 am

We got plenty of Magneto vrs. Wolverine, but I really wanted to see Magneto vrs. Collosus. Then again, maybe Peter was smart enough to stay far, far away ^^

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/15015970/

I finally saw it yesterday, it wasn't bad and it held my attention, but it also wasn't great. It just lacked depth and emotional impact. As a huge fan of Beast, I was very pleasantly surprised by Kelsey Grammar, though I was rather irked by the lack of his scientific interests. This was especially evident in the fact that he did not know Kavita Rao, unlike in the comics where he had encountered her at previous scientific conventions and he already knew of her work. He was intelligent in the movie, but in a political rather than scientific way. In addition, he is not that old, was it really neccesary to have him calling Logan 'boy'? The leather vest really has to go too. Eck :/
[spoiler]Cyclops also was completely ripped off, he should have been the one in the final scenes with Jean, not Logan. Psylocke was a complete nonevent and Angel was pretty much an overglorified cameo. I'm just glad Gambit wasn't in the movie, as he probably would have been painfully shoved to the background. So many characters and so little time.

The deaths were also extremely lacking in terms of impact, which is a pity. But the actions scenes were entertaining and Ian McKellen was amazing as always. Xavier seemed oddly snarky, but Famke Jensen was surprisingly good and I also liked Juggernaut and Shadowcat.

But WHY Rogue, WHY!?!?!? Thus the complete movie-verse mutilation of her character is complete, I can only hope that the cure is temporary. Or else. *twitch*[/spoiler]
Honestly, I think it might have worked better if they had combined the cure and the sentinels into one film and left the Pheonix saga for a fourth. I apologize for ranting, I really did enjoy the movie, I think O_o
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

the_lizardqueen

Postby FaerieChica » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:47 am

I'm a huge fan of this trilogy, but I was honestly disappointed by the final film. Sure, it held my attention, and it made sense that certain characters had to die; but did they have to make the dialogue so lame? It was like they gave up because it was the last movie and they already knew that everyone would flock to see it, regardless if it was good or not. There were some good parts, I have to admit, but all the love conflicts going on were predictable. Even some of the death scenes could have been predicted from the start of the movie. I didn't hate the movie, but I didn't love it either. The second one remains my favorite.
FaerieChica

Postby the_lizardqueen » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:56 am

Hehe, the Dialogue :lol:

I couldn't help rolling my eyes everytime Storm or Wolverine launched into yet another dramatic monologue. I also loved the part where they're all sitting there shortly after the death of (certain key figures) and Hank starts speculating that they should close the school. Cue opportunely placed freaky-wing-boy entering the room and asking if the school was a haven for freaky people. At which point Storm has a lightbulb moment and decides that the school should stay open for the sake of freaky wing sprouting people everywhere!

Well, that had all the subtlety of a lead brick to the head 9_9

the_lizardqueen

Postby Eastkun » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:26 am

This was a pretty great movie. I hope that Magneto movie will be as good.
Banned by my own request.
Eastkun

Postby jon_jinn » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:08 pm

hmmm. i just saw this movie. it was okay but wasn't as good as the second one. IMO.
jon_jinn

Postby righteous_slave » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:23 pm

Kkun wrote:I don't know about that, but I know for a fact that when Mystique breaks into Stryker's office and is stealing files off of his computer, you can see a bunch of names on the list when she's looking for Magneto. The names include LeBeau, Remy (that'd be Gambit) and then a vague entry entitled Maximoff (2). That would be (for anyone who cares) Wanda Maximoff, the Scarlet Witch, and Pietro Maximoff, aka Quicksilver. I just thought that was kind of cool.

When I finally recorded X2, I saw that and thought it was hilarious. I think the number of names you can identify is the same as your individual geek score. Mine is pretty high, but not quite perfect.
ImageImage
You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. Rom. 6:18

God can do anything, anytime, anyway He wants to.......if He wants to paint me blue and hang me upside down nekkid from an apple tree, thats alright, as long as it's God doing it. Of course, if He comes through with a directive like that, I might have to ask for some I.D. Michael Wanke
righteous_slave

Postby Kkun » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:28 pm

righteous_slave wrote:When I finally recorded X2, I saw that and thought it was hilarious. I think the number of names you can identify is the same as your individual geek score. Mine is pretty high, but not quite perfect.

Yeah, I can name off quite a few of who they are. My geek score is pretty high, but I hide it well underneath a shield of American Eagle garb.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:22 pm

the_lizardqueen wrote:As a huge fan of Beast, I was very pleasantly surprised by Kelsey Grammar, though I was rather irked by the lack of his scientific interests. This was especially evident in the fact that he did not know Kavita Rao, unlike in the comics where he had encountered her at previous scientific conventions and he already knew of her work. He was intelligent in the movie, but in a political rather than scientific way. In addition, he is not that old, was it really neccesary to have him calling Logan 'boy'?

Overall I liked the movie's Beast, as I have stated, but I more or less separate him from the character of the comics. He is different in numerous ways, enough so that I just enjoy the character for an original take on the concept as opposed to the movie adapation of the comic book character.
uc pseudonym

Postby Stephen » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:41 pm

I actually thought this film was awful. The storyline was junk, it felt very disconnected. Just like a room of people took all there ideas and dumped them into a bowl. All around, it just felt silly and lame. I liked the first 2 movies, but the new director...stunk. I also wonder why they did not just have the kid stand next to Phoenix. If he could stop peoples powers from working. Blah. I hope they make a 4th, and use a Bishop storyline to fix the crap that was shoveled to us in film 3. Make Rogue the right age, bring in Gambit. Make a good X-men film. *knock on wood*
Stephen

Postby Linksquest » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:13 pm

I couldn't agree more with you, Ark. The Direction for the first two was so much superior to the direction of the third movie. They changed so many things from the original, it's ridiculous. If they had actually made the things they changed into somethign awesome for this film, it would have been tolerable... but the things they changed were just so random... it didn't make any sense. I'm almost positive there will be a 4th movie (I think I heard they are half-way done filming...). I hope they get a different director.
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.

Linksquest

Postby JediSonic » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:04 am

Hey lizardqueen, love your artwork and commantary about winged-people havens!

Yeah i also though Ellen Page / Kitty Pryde was adorable in X3, and was much releived about my feelings toward her after finding out she's 19, not 12! lol

Even though some things could've been better in this movie, on the whole I loved it!
JediSonic

Postby Linksquest » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:08 am

OH... and as a side-note... I didn't see that final clip at the end of the credits

someone said: [SPOILER] Xavier's alive! [/SPOILER] and I was like :eh:

They were like "yea... it was in the clip at the end of the credits..." and that just made me angry... We usually stay to wait for the credits to rooll by to make sure that there isn't anything afterwards... but for some reason we didn't think there would be anything more...

If you haven't seen this movie yet... WAIT FOR THE CREDITS TO ROLL BY SO YOU CAN WATCH THE FINAL CLIP!!!

:rant:
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

Linksquest

Postby JediSonic » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:59 am

Oh and just so you all know-- I'm listening to the soundtrack which i bought yesterday and its AWESOME!
JediSonic

Postby Linksquest » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:58 am

JediSonic wrote:Oh and just so you all know-- I'm listening to the soundtrack which i bought yesterday and its AWESOME!

Hmmn... I don't really remeber the music, But since I LOVE soundtracks I might have too check into it. :thumb:
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

Linksquest

Postby IfIWereAnAsian » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:10 pm

As to the spoiler which Linksquest posted~ yes* you should all sit through the credits* (besides giving them proper honor for their good work* :cool: ) because there is an intriguing last scene after them.*
~~~Beautiful things~ Beautiful places~~~
There's so much to be thankful for*
I love you Lord, you Bless me so much*
:)
IfIWereAnAsian

Postby Tommy » Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:58 am

It was okay. My least favorite X-men movie. Wolverine got WAY more attention than everybody else. Of ocurse, when you think of Xmen, Wolverine is the first character you think of, I just thought it was unfair he got all that attention.

The plot was sorta crappy.
They wrote out NightCrawler.
Gr....

[SPOILER] I don't know if this question ws asked, but why didn't Logan just use the antidote on Jean? [/SPOILER]
Tommy

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment