Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby MillyFan » Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:48 am

Hmm. :) Thanks. :)

Thanks to doukeshi03 from otakuboards for the banner!

First, Ban all the Trolls. . . :bootout:

Hey, whatever happened to "thou shalt not steal" anyway?

Guess which bishounen is my avatar.
MillyFan

Postby madphilb » Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:42 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:That was a big hoax... Don't want to go into it, but I've seen it and many like it... It's a hoax.

There is a similar thing running around about getting the Triforce in the N64 version of Zelda... and the Bow Upgrade for Theif... and... well.. you get the idea.

Most popular (or semi-popular) games have these sorts of things to them.
PHIL

Member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone!! Join the fight!!
madphilb

Postby Solid Ronin » Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:38 pm

Im I the only one who hates Aeris
Solid Ronin

Postby madphilb » Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:55 pm

Ronin of Kirai wrote:Im I the only one who hates Aeris

YES
PHIL

Member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone!! Join the fight!!
madphilb

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:27 am

Oh, probably not. I've seen a few people. Personally, I'm completely impartial on the topic (and I say this as a person, not by my avatar).
uc pseudonym

Postby Gremio » Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:32 am

Why would anyone hate Aerith? I have seen other people and even clubs of people who dont like her and I cant understand why. I dont like her anywere near as much as say, Tifa, or her place in Clouds heart, but her role in Final Fantasy VII added to just how special it really is.

Gremio

Location: The school of making funny locations for my forum profile

Postby Solid Ronin » Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:19 am

She just a bad character to play with at least how I play she is
Solid Ronin

Postby inkhana » Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:52 am

>She just a bad character to play with at least how I play she is

Well, I can't vouch for later levels (having not made it that far yet) but I didn't have any real problems with her. But then again, I used her for magic, not for physical attacks. I liked Tifa better as a character, but I didn't dislike Aeris.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Solid Ronin » Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:01 am

inkhana wrote:>She just a bad character to play with at least how I play she is

Well, I can't vouch for later levels (having not made it that far yet) but I didn't have any real problems with her. But then again, I used her for magic, not for physical attacks.

I mostly use physical attacks and even when i tried to use her for magic she was still useless
Solid Ronin

Postby inkhana » Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:02 am

That's odd - she worked pretty well for me...maybe I had my Materia equipped differently or something.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Savior_Sora » Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:02 am

Man and here I go and make the exact thread in the Gamer's forum...Geez I feel stupid lol :p. Well I'm totally pumped. I've got like 3 trailers of the movie so far lol. The first one, the better one, then I have one that has subtitles in it. So yeah I'm pumped lol.
-"How do we prove we exist...maybe we don't exist."

-"I feel sorry for the dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac...they stay up all night wondering if there is a dog."

-"It's not the fall that kills you...It's the sudden stop at the end."

Savior_Sora

Postby inkjet1987 » Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:07 am

I can't find a trailer for Advent Children that works, does anybody know of a good place to get one?
inkjet1987

Postby Solid Ronin » Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:11 am

inkhana wrote:That's odd - she worked pretty well for me...maybe I had my Materia equipped differently or something.

Maybe but even so its like she cast Lighting and Ice then i had to give her a ether
Solid Ronin

Postby Savior_Sora » Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:23 am

Hey inkjet...try using Kazaa or if that don't work...uh...go here

http://www.adventchildren.net/ff7ac/media/movies.htm

There are a lot of downloads there so try those and see.
-"How do we prove we exist...maybe we don't exist."

-"I feel sorry for the dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac...they stay up all night wondering if there is a dog."

-"It's not the fall that kills you...It's the sudden stop at the end."

Savior_Sora

Postby Gypsy » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:35 am

Whoa ... I just watched the subbed version of the latest trailer. I'm really, really looking forward to this release.

Site: http://www.adventchildren.net/

subbed trailer: http://mokkori66.free.fr/ff7ac_hq_subbed.avi

*sniffs* The music is .. perfect.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Destroyer2000 » Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:21 pm

It's NOT possible for it to be a sequel...

[spoiler]At the end of FFVII, it's says, "10,000 years later..." Midgar has been overgrown, there are NO humans, all you hear is the laughing of RedXIII's, or Naniki's, race. (I've heard this from a friend. I'm gonna level up a little bit more and beat it. But...I want to Master a few 'Mime' Materias and get 'Knights of the Round')[/spoiler]
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby Solid Ronin » Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:05 am

Destroyer2000 wrote:It's NOT possible for it to be a sequel...

[spoiler]At the end of FFVII, it's says, "10,000 years later..." Midgar has been overgrown, there are NO humans, all you hear is the laughing of RedXIII's, or Naniki's, race. (I've heard this from a friend. I'm gonna level up a little bit more and beat it. But...I want to Master a few 'Mime' Materias and get 'Knights of the Round')[/spoiler]

ummmI may have missed something but how does that make AC not a sequel
Solid Ronin

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:30 pm

Technically Destroy2000 is saying that because the game extends 10,000 years, any sequel would have to be very far in the future as well. Hence, Cloud would no longer be alive. So I guess we could argue that Advent Children merely takes place during the game, but I feel this distinction is unimportant.
uc pseudonym

Postby Solid Ronin » Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:59 pm

Well , AC takes place just a year maybe after FF7 ended (not 10,000 years ago but after Cloud defeats pehiroth)
Solid Ronin

Postby Gypsy » Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:10 pm

So what did everyone think of the newer trailer. Was it just me, or does one of those silver hair people look very ladylike? For a second, I wondered if something (perhaps the disease) hadn't killed Cloud's friends, but maybe changed them - or some of them (Barrent and Vincent seem unchanged unless those scenes are from flashbacks). (One of them also looked a lot like Cid). I dunno, just speculating ...
Gypsy

Postby Link Antilles » Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:19 pm

Gypsy wrote:So what did everyone think of the newer trailer. Was it just me, or does one of those silver hair people look very ladylike? For a second, I wondered if something (perhaps the disease) hadn't killed Cloud's friends, but maybe changed them - or some of them (Barrent and Vincent seem unchanged unless those scenes are from flashbacks). (One of them also looked a lot like Cid). I dunno, just speculating ...

First of all, I really liked the music, as always...
It looks pretty spiffy, can't wait for it.

Yeah, the silver hair people do look a little feminine. There does seem to be a fair amount of flashbacks.... I haven't seen the translated version with subtitles; yet, I'll check it out in a sec. Which one did you think looked like Cid?
Link Antilles

Postby Gypsy » Thu Mar 25, 2004 8:45 pm

The one with the shorter, spikey hair. I'm just shooting in the dark, but it was a passing thought. (I'm still hoping that Yuffie makes it in there somehow ;))
Gypsy

Postby Solid Ronin » Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:23 am

Ialso want Yuffie to be in this film....:sniffle: I love her so much
Solid Ronin

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:55 am

It's definately not a prequel... The timeframe is set in stone, it takes place AFTER Midgaar is hit, but during Cloud's lifetime. Also, Cloud talks about events of FF7 in past tense and is having a "conversation" with a certain dead character saying how he was sorry s/he had to die. In other words, it's most definately a sequal...

BTW, volt, that thing about N64 not being 64 bit is fake... The file system and processor may have been 16 or 32 bit, but when they talk about the "bits" of a game system, it refers to the graphics. N64 ran on a 64 bit graphics card. The cube, PS2, Dreamcast, and X-box all run on 128-bit graphics cards, but still use 32 bit filehandling and have 32 bit processors. N64, particularly with the expansion pack, could most definately handle more polys than PS1. What it could NOT do, however, was hold all of the prerendered backgrounds, music, and movies. The largest carts could only hold 128 megabyles (twice what Zelda had) and cart swapping just never happened. That required a larger medium, which of course was the CD at 640 megabytes (or 700MB- 1 gig on some discs, such as Sega's GD-ROMs, which are, surprisingl) That is the primary reason Square went with Sony... That, and they got into a disagreement with Nintendo (as sony did as well... PS1 wouldn't even exist if Nintendo hadn't forced sony to spend millions in research money and then give them the shaft and drop the project... Why do you think the PS controllers look so much like the Super NES controllers?)

Ok... That's all a different subject... Um... Advent children... Hope we get it here in subtitles... I'm going to shoot someone... a frown if they release it dub only and if they call her "Aerith" grr...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:46 am

It would be rather dissapointing if all the characters didn't at least make a minor appearance. Then again, last I had heard the film was rather short. Do we have any final information on it's length?
uc pseudonym

Postby Link Antilles » Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:23 am

[Quote=Gypsy] The one with the shorter, spikey hair. I'm just shooting in the dark, but it was a passing thought. (I'm still hoping that Yuffie makes it in there somehow ) [/Quote]

HAHA..... you've got me watching the trailer in slow motion looking for Cid.

Yeah, Yuffie better be in there, she had one of the most memorable personalities in the game.

Bobtheduck wrote:BTW, volt, that thing about N64 not being 64 bit is fake... The file system and processor may have been 16 or 32 bit, but when they talk about the "bits" of a game system, it refers to the graphics. N64 ran on a 64 bit graphics card. The cube, PS2, Dreamcast, and X-box all run on 128-bit graphics cards, but still use 32 bit filehandling and have 32 bit processors. N64, particularly with the expansion pack, could most definately handle more polys than PS1. What it could NOT do, however, was hold all of the prerendered backgrounds, music, and movies. The largest carts could only hold 128 megabyles (twice what Zelda had) and cart swapping just never happened. That required a larger medium, which of course was the CD at 640 megabytes (or 700MB- 1 gig on some discs, such as Sega's GD-ROMs, which are, surprisingl) That is the primary reason Square went with Sony... That, and they got into a disagreement with Nintendo (as sony did as well... PS1 wouldn't even exist if Nintendo hadn't forced sony to spend millions in research money and then give them the shaft and drop the project... Why do you think the PS controllers look so much like the Super NES controllers?)

Nintendo's folly, think of how the gaming world could be now, if that went through? – I was going to say sometime about that bit thing, but :lol: never-mind.... I confused myself. :hits_self:

[Quote=Bobtheduck]Ok... That's all a different subject... Um... Advent children... Hope we get it here in subtitles... I'm going to shoot someone... a frown if they release it dub only and if they call her "Aerith" grr...[/QUOTE]

I still don't get that "Aerith" thing..... anyways, Aeris sounds so much better. Then again, It doesn't matter to me, I named her Rachel! :D :lol:

[Quote=uc pseudonym] Do we have any final information on it's length? [/Quote]
They're staying around the 60 mins timeframe, if I recall correctly.
Link Antilles

Postby Gypsy » Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:26 am

Ok, I could not for the life of me manage to catch a screenshot of the one that looks like a woman (the one that whirls around and shoots after Cloud gets thrown back in the battle in the woods). However, after much fighting with media player, I got these three shots. The first one ... kinda looks like Yuffie's hair. The other two are the the spikey haired guy. Again, this is total speculation, but it's possible that the woman-ish one (the screencap I couldn't get) could be Tifa with much shorter hair.

EDIT: Also, one of the lines in the trailer is "Reunion?" Hmm ... *goes into deep thought.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gypsy

Postby CDLviking » Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:43 am

Wasn't the reunion in the game when [spoiler]all the Sephiroth clones gathered in the Northern Crater. [/spoiler]
couldn't it be a reference to that.
CDLviking

Postby Razgriz » Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:45 am

Taken from Adventchildren.net; translations Famitsu and Dorimaga magazines respectively.

[INDENT]Cloud will use 6 swords. These are stored in his motorcycle which is called "Fenrir".
The function of Barret's right arm has changed.
There are three opponents, the original silver haired enemy, and two others.
The original silver haired enemy is a teenager; the newer enemies are aged in their 20s.
The weapon which the two opponents use is called Velvet Nightmare.
The silver haired enemy uses a refined double sword, and is referred to as being a Motif or Tricky (appears to be two translations on this).
Afterimage effects for the movie run at 480 frames per second.

The movie is now 15% complete.
Cloud's sunglasses are more practical than for fashion, as they serve the purpose of protecting his eyes.
The movie will now run for somewhere between 70 and 80 minutes instead of the 60 minutes we were originally told.
Cloud's character model has been altered, in order to reflect a more younger appearance.
The original silver haired enemy is the leader. Although his name is yet to be released, it has a simple meaning.
The three opponents all have different abilities, although they look similar in facial structure.
Although the opponents are male, they may appear to have feminine qualities also. [/INDENT]
The above is old news, back in December.

To clear things up, this is a sequel, taken 2 years after the end of the game. A disease called the "Star Scar Syndrome" is killing off people, and Cloud wants to be forgiven of something...
Razgriz

Postby Gypsy » Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:53 am

Well, I certainly hope that 15% has changed, or else they're not going to make the seasonal deadline. ;)

<irrelevant interjection> :mutter: If my right moniter flickers off one more time I'm going to break something!! </irrelevant interjection>
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment