"Reality" TV?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

"Reality" TV?

Postby Linksquest » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:05 am

I watch many Reality TV shows. Many of them I like. But I have got to thinking: "How real really are these 'Reality' shows?"

How real do you think they really are?
Which ones do you think are authentic vs. ones you think are total set-ups?
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:54 pm

Oh, I think the whole lot of them are set-ups. XD Of course, I'm not a fan of reality TV at all, but I've seen interviews with reality shows' stars that say that some of the scenes are switched around in the editing. For instance, this one girl on (I think it was "Average Joe") said that the show's editors had used their facial expressions from one scene (they were really surprised) to put in another scene (where they were laughing, originally). So yeah, I definitely think that a lot of reality shows are set ups, or are edited to suit the producer's vision of what the show should be. :lol:
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Yahshua » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:29 pm

Eh so how real to the reality is those so call "Reality" TV shows? The question is an interesting one however in a Sociological point of view those whom call "Reality" TV shows are not that real to what an nomal people would act in the nature normal environment. Thus it would be best understoond as like any type of shows with set up environment.
Yahshua

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:29 pm

I liked the one that SPIKE Tv did as a parody of Reality Shows,Joe Schmo.You know the one where they set up some poor Schmo to think he or she's actually a contestant on a real reality show but it's all just a joke on the "contestant".I saw part of the first season and it was hysterical the way they had the various stereotypes down such as the Gay Guy(who was as straight as everyone else),etc.
mitsuki lover

Postby shojoiscool2 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:34 pm

I think the ones like the Real World and The Bachelor are staged more about relationships. But I would venture the competitions like So You think you can Dance, Amazing Race are somewhat accurate. Still staged somewhat though I'm sure.
shojoiscool2

Return to General Entertainment