I just saw it..

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

I just saw it..

Postby Rei » Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:47 am

I just saw Napolian Dynamite and it was pretty funny! Anyone else agree?
Rei

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:26 pm

Yeah, it is a funny movie. It was pretty over-hyped, though. After I saw it, there was so much hype over it that it just got really old, hearing the same jokes over and over again. Still though, every now and again, it really is a funny movie. :thumb:
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Linksquest » Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:43 pm

I really thought it was a really original film that was pretty funny! It's became a cult classic almost overnight! If they made a sequel it would be a sell out.

Radical Dreamer wrote: it just got really old, hearing the same jokes over and over again.

Yea, I would have to agree with you there. The same jokes told over and over again can sorta get a little annoying.

Good film, though!
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Postby Rei » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:37 pm

lol
Rei

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:02 pm

First time I watched it I didn't see the big deal. Second time I watched it I loved it. It gets better and better each time I watch it. I don't find many American movies funny (prefer British and our Australian humour) but this was downright hilarious!

'Sup Kip!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Scarecrow » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:14 am

I hate that movie. Stupidest movie out there. It ranks up there with Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure and Meet the Deedles. I have to admit it was pretty funny the first time I saw it but only cause I couldn't believe how stupid it was. My three favorite parts though that STILL get me laughing every time I see it is... the part with the steak. The part with napolians brother demonstrating the durability of the bowl with the van.. and the best: The time machine bought on Ebay. Omg I crack up just thinking about that part.

Watched it a second time and I just thought it was boring... with the exception of the three parts listed above.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:25 am

Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby beau99 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:46 am

I loathe Napoleon Dynamite.
beau99

Postby Anime Dad » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:40 pm

Loved it.... I must have been under a rock at the time it was released, because I only saw it for the first time recently. My family saw it at a friend's place and loved it so much they bought it immediately.
Anime Dad

Location: Australia.... BTW i'm not really a dwarf with a bushy beard and a helmety thing.....

Postby Doe Johnson » Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:03 pm

Scarecrow wrote:It ranks up there with Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure and Meet the Deedles.

<_< >_> I love those movies!!! so...I suppose I would say it ranks with them...just in a different way...
The #1 Fan of mastersquirrel's Voice!

In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri. - Douglas Adams
I smell cinnamon roll-y!!

You fight like a dairy farmer!
The Giver of Quality Hugs
I felt a great bump in the Thread, as if millions of posts suddenly bumped in terror and were suddenly silenced.

No - My birthday isn't really on the Ides of March, but that is the fake date I use everywhere on the Internet.
Adopted: ishy

the cc is special ground, cc's provide protection to all who seek shelter there, no violence can be done in a cower corner - it is known
Doe Johnson

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:15 pm

Anime Dad wrote:Loved it.... I must have been under a rock at the time it was released, because I only saw it for the first time recently. My family saw it at a friend's place and loved it so much they bought it immediately.

Not under a rock, per se. It was only released in a few cities per state, and not many people had heard of it until it was released on DVD and became such a big deal. It was a very low budget movie; it amazes me at how popular it's become. Popular enough for a special two-disc edition, at least. The funny thing is, Jon Heder (the actor who played Napoleon) acted the part for a very small amount of money (I want to say $20, but that's probably wrong), and now the movie has become one of the most popular in the past few years. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:21 pm

Anime Dad, it was only played in cinemas here in Australia for a very short time. First time I saw it was on DVD sometime later. Bought it as an ex-rental. Very funny movie!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Ichigo_89 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:57 pm

This movie is a joke...I'm sorry...
Ichigo_89

Postby Myoti » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:40 pm

This movie is a joke...I'm sorry...

That's like the whole point of it. :p
Myoti

Postby Rei » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:51 am

Wow*eyes get big*I think it was a good idea to start this thread, I was able to get everyone talking ^_^! and I thought it was a really funny movie. Though I agree, it is really typecast after like the first day.
Rei

Postby Anime Dad » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:55 pm

My kids are now looking for "Vote for Pedro" T-shirts.
Anime Dad

Location: Australia.... BTW i'm not really a dwarf with a bushy beard and a helmety thing.....

Postby Sephiroth » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:55 am

heh heh, it would be so cool to have a t-shirt saying "Pedro offers you his protection"

ye napoleon dynamite was s great film, a kinda strange sense of humor but cool.
Largo (Megatokyo): "Its this thing... and its like, cool... and it does things... cool things!"

Ph34r t3h Cu73 0n3z!
Sephiroth

Postby Rei » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:52 pm

lol
Rei

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:02 pm

I like it, but as people say, it's annoying to hear the same jokes over and over again... i'm sort of anti "Let's jump on the bandwagon of jumping off the bandwagon" that many people are into... The credo "If it's popular, it must be bad" I think there is no accounting for taste. Different people have different tastes, and while I have a hard time understanding how anyone could watch some things, I have to realize it's just a matter of tastes... Taste isn't a one dimensional thing where you either have it or don't, it's 3 dimensional and the idea of "refined" tastes sounds a bit snobbish to me... Just because something doesn't lie in your area of interest that doesn't mean it should be simply discounted. Of course, at the same time, there is a paradox in my statement, so... It does bug me when people do that, but I guess I have to accept that as well... Well, live with it, anyhow, even if I disagree with it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Return to General Entertainment