X3 (X-Men 3)

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby zelda » Tue May 30, 2006 11:06 am

that was a totally awesome movie! I saw it last night with my family. I've never read the comics but I love the movies. I can't wait till they make the next movie!
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Signature, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
zelda

Postby Animus Seed » Tue May 30, 2006 11:30 am

I was just pleased Shadow Kat actually did something this time around.
Kyrie eléison.
Animus Seed

Postby Kkun » Tue May 30, 2006 12:08 pm

Animus Seed wrote:I was just pleased Shadow Kat actually did something this time around.

This movie just helped Kitty Pryde solidify herself as one of my favorite Marvel characters. Ellen Page was soooooo adorable as Kitty. She probably made the movie for me.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue May 30, 2006 12:53 pm

Steeltemplar wrote:Did it seem to anyone else that....

[spoiler]Scott's death was strangely downplayed in the movie. They mentioned it from time to time and at the end there was a gravestone for him. However, no one really acted like they would if a longtime friend had been killed. It also would have been nice if the Jean part of Phoenix surfaced more with her regret for killing him. I don't know if this was bad writing or an attempt to sideline the Scott-Jean relationship so that Logan's love for Jean would have more of a spotlight. Either way, though, I spent a good part of the film waiting for someone to show some real sorrow for Scott.[/spoiler]

I agree, ST...it did seem that way...I feel for Scott...poor guy..

On the other hand...he would have gone crazier because he couldn't help her. he was KINDA emo...
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Animus Seed » Tue May 30, 2006 1:01 pm

Kkun wrote:This movie just helped Kitty Pryde solidify herself as one of my favorite Marvel characters. Ellen Page was soooooo adorable as Kitty. She probably made the movie for me.

Yeah. I mean, I was glad she was in the first 2, but "oh, I forgot my books" wasn't exactly character-defining. I like Kitty Pryde more since finding out in The Physics of Super Heroes that her powers are actually scientifically feasible.
Kyrie eléison.
Animus Seed

Postby Kkun » Tue May 30, 2006 1:04 pm

Animus Seed wrote:Yeah. I mean, I was glad she was in the first 2, but "oh, I forgot my books" wasn't exactly character-defining. I like Kitty Pryde more since finding out in The Physics of Super Heroes that her powers are actually scientifically feasible.

Yeah, I didn't catch that the first time I watched X-Men where she phases through the wall and Xavier says "Have a good day, Kitty" or whatever, but I watched it this morning and was like "HOLY COW! IT'S KITTY PRYDE!"
Kkun

Postby Animus Seed » Tue May 30, 2006 1:08 pm

I didn't notice Jubilee in this one, though her name was in the credits...
Kyrie eléison.
Animus Seed

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue May 30, 2006 1:15 pm

I LURVE KITTY!!!!

I wanted to see Night Crawler....I liked him...(moreso in the cartoon series Xmen Evolution)

DONT MESS WITH DA FOZZY DUDE!!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Animus Seed » Tue May 30, 2006 1:16 pm

Nightcrawler has always been my overall favorite X-Men character, actually. He didn't even get a "oh, hey, what happened to Kurt" in this one. :(
Kyrie eléison.
Animus Seed

Postby Steeltemplar » Tue May 30, 2006 1:16 pm

Kkun wrote:This movie just helped Kitty Pryde solidify herself as one of my favorite Marvel characters. Ellen Page was soooooo adorable as Kitty. She probably made the movie for me.

I agree that I liked her performance as Kitty. It would be nice to see her in something more focused.
Headbangers United

"There is no surer sign of decay in a country than to see the rites of religion held in contempt." - Niccolo Machiavelli

"But even as Josue and Caleb declared that the Land of Promise was good and fair, and that the possession of it would be easy and pleasant; so the Holy Spirit, speaking by all the Saints, and our Blessed Lord Himself assure us that a devout life is a lovely, a pleasant, and a happy life." - from An Introduction to the Devout Life, by St. Francis de Sales

Loyal subject of Sakura-hime, the RP Princess.
CR-chan's faithful PNC.
FF-chan's NiichanB.
Steeltemplar

Postby Rogie » Tue May 30, 2006 2:16 pm

I agree that Cyclops' character completely gets short-changed in this movie, and I honestly think it's a "wink-wink" move to all the Wolvie fans who hate Scott. I've always been the other way around: Cyke is my fave, and Wolverine is my absolute least favorite. I have never liked his character in any iteration.

Also, about Nightcrawler: I think a CG version of him shows up in the scene where Magneto is recruiting the tattooed mutants (you can barely see a Nightcrawler-esque character crawling the wall), but his presence makes no sense. That's a place for evil mutants, and since he never shows up again, he can't have been spying for the X-Men. So it's either a lookalike or a really dumb move on the creators' part.
Zar wrote:Praise God for all things awesome. Life ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But sanctify the Lord your God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
-- 1 Peter 3:15
Rogie

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue May 30, 2006 2:21 pm

That guy was green..wasn't he? NightCrawler is blue...you could easily pick him out... I don't remember seeing him at all..
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Kkun » Tue May 30, 2006 3:05 pm

Steeltemplar wrote:I agree that I liked her performance as Kitty. It would be nice to see her in something more focused.

Something with writing that wasn't almost George Lucas bad would be a nice role for her. Just judging from X-3, I think she's a pretty good actress and she's...like I said...adorable.
Kkun

Postby Rogie » Tue May 30, 2006 4:27 pm

ChristianRonin wrote:That guy was green..wasn't he? NightCrawler is blue...you could easily pick him out... I don't remember seeing him at all..

See, that was the problem: I only caught a brief glimpse of that wall-crawling character before it moved down into the main action below. So it seemed like Nightcrawler when I saw him, even though his presence made no sense with the scene, especially since we never see him again.

And who exactly was the character who created shockwaves? I thought it was a feminine dude for a long time, but then I realized it was a girl... maybe. I couldn't hear what Magneto called her, but she seemed almost Havok-like (and Havok's a dude... a good dude, at that).

Without a doubt, this movie is perfect for DVD-viewing, simply because it would be great to re-watch it with the pause button to pick out all the different characters and nuances you can't catch in the theaters.
Zar wrote:Praise God for all things awesome. Life ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But sanctify the Lord your God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
-- 1 Peter 3:15
Rogie

Postby Nightshade X » Tue May 30, 2006 5:44 pm

I'm definitely buying this one on DVD, if anything but for the reason that I want to watch it again, but I'm too cheap to go to the theaters and pay 10 bucks... again.
Nightshade X

Postby Scarecrow » Tue May 30, 2006 6:48 pm

Rogie wrote:See, that was the problem: I only caught a brief glimpse of that wall-crawling character before it moved down into the main action below. So it seemed like Nightcrawler when I saw him, even though his presence made no sense with the scene, especially since we never see him again.

I thought it was toad. He was green but I was still thinking, what the crap is he doing there? I thought he died (cause thats what happens to a toad when its struck by lightning)
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby SnowLeopard » Tue May 30, 2006 7:53 pm

Rogie wrote:
And who exactly was the character who created shockwaves? I thought it was a feminine dude for a long time, but then I realized it was a girl... maybe. I couldn't hear what Magneto called her, but she seemed almost Havok-like (and Havok's a dude... a good dude, at that).

Her name is Arclight, and she is an obscure character in the comics. BTW, she is bad in those.

I have a mind like a steel trap. Rusty, unsafe, and illegal in 48 states.

Forgive my idiosyncrasies, for if they did not exist, neither would I.
SnowLeopard

Postby the_lizardqueen » Tue May 30, 2006 8:15 pm

.....I still haven't seen X-3.

*drops to knees and wails*

And I call myself an X-Men fan!?!?!?!
[spoiler]Rogue loses her powers? WHAT?! *hoping it's a rumor* :eyebrow:[/spoiler]
I wants a Gambit and Rogue spinoff! *wanders off to a corner to read a comic and sulk*
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed May 31, 2006 3:06 pm

Man that was a waste of $60... No Nightcrawler and Angel recieved hardly any screen time... I was so looking forward to that. And everyone, like died... XP
Shao Feng-Li

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed May 31, 2006 4:24 pm

60 dollars!? What!? It only cost me 7.50.....
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:03 am

You're not a family of five.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby the_lizardqueen » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:58 am

Shao Feng-Li wrote:You're not a family of five.

Yowch >_<

That's why I stick with the cheapseats. Yay for five dollars each! Now if only they could do something about the uncomfortable seats, rattling speakers and the snickering creepy people at the back..
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:14 pm

glitch1501 wrote:i really liked the movie..i wasnt expecting them to be able to capture the xmen franchise, so i really didnt care about the changes in story

My thoughts exactally

I loooveeed X3

Kitty is uhh... kinda cute XD
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Kurama » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:18 pm

Scarecrow wrote:[spoiler]

Oh and I don't think this will be the last X-men movie.

Agreed! the very last part at the end was so cool to me! XD
Kurama

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:12 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:[spoiler]My question is, since we see Magneto pushing the chess piece (although, I have to admit, it looked to me like nothing happened and they just cut straight to the credits) does that mean that, perhaps, other mutants will have their powers come back, including mystique? And after that betrayal, she's not likely to go back with magneto... Of coruse, Magneto isn't likely to be the biggest threat anymore... There's another villain to be raised in his place (apocalypse), but apparently this is the last X-men movie...[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I'm going to guess that since magneto was a class 3 mutant, even having 3 or 4 needles wouldn't of totally cured him[/spoiler]

And the 3rd was my favorite so far. The battle was amazing.
[spoiler]Do you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut <insert last word>[/spoiler]
:lol: so funny.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:34 pm

the_lizardqueen wrote:Yowch >_<

That's why I stick with the cheapseats. Yay for five dollars each! Now if only they could do something about the uncomfortable seats, rattling speakers and the snickering creepy people at the back..

Heh, we have Regal theaters out hear and they're pretty nice, but pricey...
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:08 pm

Shao Feng-Li wrote:Heh, we have Regal theaters out hear and they're pretty nice, but pricey...

9 Bucks for an adult at my Regals
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Doe Johnson » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:43 pm

It was just $5.75 for me since I'm a college student, but I think the normal price was only around $7.00
The #1 Fan of mastersquirrel's Voice!

In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri. - Douglas Adams
I smell cinnamon roll-y!!

You fight like a dairy farmer!
The Giver of Quality Hugs
I felt a great bump in the Thread, as if millions of posts suddenly bumped in terror and were suddenly silenced.

No - My birthday isn't really on the Ides of March, but that is the fake date I use everywhere on the Internet.
Adopted: ishy

the cc is special ground, cc's provide protection to all who seek shelter there, no violence can be done in a cower corner - it is known
Doe Johnson

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:28 am

It' ten dollars a ticket at the theter in the mall.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:53 pm

As I feared, there has already been enough discussion of the film that I don't have very much new to say. Here are my basic opinions that don't need much elaboration:
[spoiler]I was surprised when Scot was really dead - his death seemed so pointless that I assumed he was going to come back.
I didn't stay for the credits, but the internet has solved that problem. Interesting. It appears that they didn't take out a ton of major characters after all.
I'm very curious as to what role Mystique will play in later films. After Magneto brushed her off so callously I assume she won't work with him, but her philosophy is stil very close to his.
Beast was a very solid character.
I don't want to blame the new director for everything (I'm not sure who did the actual screenplay) but I do think he was part of the reason I felt the action wasn't as good this time around. I wonder if Superman Returns will have any real action.[/spoiler]

Rogie wrote:Also, about Nightcrawler: I think a CG version of him shows up in the scene where Magneto is recruiting the tattooed mutants (you can barely see a Nightcrawler-esque character crawling the wall), but his presence makes no sense. That's a place for evil mutants, and since he never shows up again, he can't have been spying for the X-Men. So it's either a lookalike or a really dumb move on the creators' part.

It is definitely someone else. You see the same mutant up close later on, when the Cure makes him fall to his death. I was also disappointed that Nightcrawler simply vanished, but I'm guessing his power made some parts of the plot too difficult to pull off without people wondering why he wasn't used.

Regarding mutant classifications, I'm fairly certain that Xavier and Magneto are both Level 4. Is it just me, or has this system never been mentioned before this movie? Unless, of course, it was in the comics at some point.
uc pseudonym

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment