People Over 20 Who Still Watch Power Rangers

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

People Over 20 Who Still Watch Power Rangers

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue May 30, 2006 12:10 pm

Ok,let's admit it some people never give up watching favorite shows from when they were little.So how many of you over 20 are still watching Power
Rangers?
And if you do which version is your favorite?
mitsuki lover

Postby Tommy » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:22 pm

The first will always reign.

Crap, I'm 15.

Whatever, I'm sure my input majorly contributed.
Tommy

Postby Ingemar » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:23 pm

I am nearly 21 and I pretty much gave up Power Rangers in the fourth grade.

That was, like, 11 years ago.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby everdred12a » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:44 pm

Ingemar wrote:I am nearly 21 and I pretty much gave up Power Rangers in the fourth grade.

That was, like, 11 years ago.

*see Ingemar's post*

everdred12a

Postby rocklobster » Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:42 am

Well, I like it. Hey if it weren't for Power Rangers, we probably never would've heard of Johnny Yong Bosch. My faves are Lost Galaxy, Time Force, and Power Rangers in Space.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:09 pm

I've been watching Mystic Force lately and before that some of SPD.I watched SPD because it's the most Sci Fi oriented series they did in awhile.Also saw some of
Dinothunder.
I liked the reaction of the Dinothunder Rangers when they see Doggie Kruger for the first time in the Dinothunder/SPD crossover:"He's a DOG!?"LOL!!!!:)
mitsuki lover

Postby creed4 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:47 pm

I watch some, but I think its getting too repetetive
Tis No Fool to lose what he can not keep to gain what he can never lose.
What does it profit a man to gain the World yet lose his soul.
Choose Life that you Might live.
creed4

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:27 pm

That's true.Then you have to remember it's supposed to be TvY7 at least that's the rating in the U.S.
mitsuki lover

Postby Nightshade X » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:17 pm

For me, it's the original series, pruely for nostalgia.

I really don't know how I could have gotten sucked into something so bad, but... I kinda did. The original Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (Wow, that was painful to type) was, is, and will forever be the one that I can stand to watch, simply for the link to my childhood (I was obsessed). Of course... seeing as how Dino Thunder had Tommy from the original series... I guess that's watchable, too.
Nightshade X

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:13 pm

I think they must resurrect Tommy every so often for the nostalgia.He was also in the ep.Forever Red in Power Rangers Wild something or other,can't remember the rest of the title,any way it was on during the Red Ranger Marathon,the one where they had all the former Red Rangers from past and present together(present up to that point).
btw:Has the Red Ranger always been the leader of the team or has that simply developed over the course of time?
mitsuki lover

Postby termyt » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:45 pm

Do you know the secret behind the many different versions of power rangers? Why they change colors and go off into space and such?

In Japan, each season of Power Rangers is a different story with a different cast. Well, individual actors may or may not change, I don't know, but the back-story for each season is different. They are not the same Power Rangers team form the season before.

Many people in Japan relate to each other based on which set of Power Rangers they liked best.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Kaligraphic » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:13 pm

In the first series, I got to where I could tell what was going on simply by glancing at my watch. At that point, actually watching the show became superfluous.

I never really started watching the others.
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby Rocketshipper » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:38 am

I loved Power Rangers when I was young...and I still love it, lol ^^. Last fall I found an IRC server with nearly all the american episodes, so I just started from the beginning and watched them in order. I'm now up to Power Rangers Zeo episode 28. The old series will always be nostalgic for me, because of the old zords, characters, and villians (YAY for Kimberly!!! I was so mad when she broke up with Tommy in season 4. Bulk and Skull were awesome too!!!) but I think the later seasons are better in terms of storylines and character development. I was actully really impressed with some of the storylines of Time Force and Mystic Force, compared with the old episodes. There were some other anime dub talents in the old series besides Johnny Yong Bosch ^^. Barbara Goodson played Rita Repulsa and she was also Sprocket in season 4, and Wendee Lee played Scorpina's voice. Recently I saw about 16 or so episodes of Kyoru Sentai Zyurangers (the japanese series that Power Rangers season 1 was based on). I think the japanese version is actually a little more kiddy-ish and simplistic than the American version is, believe it or not ^^

Currently I'm watching PR Mystic Force and Mahou Sentai Magirangers back to back, for comparison. I found a website with torrents for all the Magiranger episodes subbed. So far Mystic Force has followed the plotlines of the original japanese version in several episodes, although not in the same order. The Magirangers opening and ending themes are soooooo addicting!!!

I'm not sure which PR season is my favorite overall yet, becauseI missed so many seasons when I stopped watching for a while. So far I'd say my top ranked seasons are season 3, PR Zeo (the Gold Ranger owns you all), and PR Time Force.
Jessie and James, together forever!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!! Save me!!

Eternal Defender of Tracey Sketchit. If you are a Brock lover, beware ^_^

"Like the moon over
the day, my genius and brawn
are lost on these fools"-Bowser, Super Mario RPG

Confused about the meaning of the screen name??

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/RocketShipping

Go here and be enlightened ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Click the above link...I dare you.

http://community.livejournal.com/ship_manifesto/87185.html

The best essay on Junzumi shipping ever ^^.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rocketshipper
Rocketshipper

Postby Scarecrow » Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:51 am

Nightshade X wrote:For me, it's the original series, pruely for nostalgia.

I really don't know how I could have gotten sucked into something so bad, but... I kinda did. The original Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (Wow, that was painful to type) was, is, and will forever be the one that I can stand to watch, simply for the link to my childhood (I was obsessed). Of course... seeing as how Dino Thunder had Tommy from the original series... I guess that's watchable, too.

Ditto... except I couldn't watch Dino Thunder even if Tommy was in it. I have to have SEEN the episode in my power ranger hay-day for it to mean anything now. Dino series came waaay too late. I really don't even like watching episodes from the first series I missed because I don't have any memories of those ones. I prefer to keep my memory as more of a time capsule and watching an episode now that I didn't watch then would be like... tainting my memories. Weird I know but whatever :P
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:11 am

heh...I watched the show when I was young...stopped when all the original cast left...(around zeo?) Good memories though... my fave was ALWAYS the yellow ranger....

it just didn't seemthe sameafter that... I guess I was in 3rd grade when I grew out of PR...>.>
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Return to General Entertainment