Acting Alliance!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Acting Alliance!

Postby Linksquest » Thu May 25, 2006 4:30 pm

All you actors out there... it's time that we come out of the woodwork (how did we get there?) and unite! That's right... I mean you: people of the musicals of your school... people of the church skits... and various dramas demonstrating your POWERS!

:lol:

But seriously... I'm really interesting to see what other CAA members do some acting now and then.
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Postby Tarnish » Thu May 25, 2006 4:48 pm

I do! Though I'm not particularly good at it ^^;; I really enjoy it, but I don't get to as often as I'd like.
i draw things

Ponies are for ages six and under.
Tarnish

Postby Scarecrow » Thu May 25, 2006 5:28 pm

I was trying to be an actor for a while. I still have an agent and a manager and I don't think either one knows I'm no longer interested but I used to go down to LA for commercial audtions all the time. Unfortunately I've never landed one and after a year of driving 2 hours for a 15 minute audtion just about every week, I got kinda tired of it. And my real passion is in directing though anyway so I'm thinking of going off in that direction.

I was an extra in two movies though :D Some crappy Christian movie called The Visitation and then Click with Adam Sandler where I got to meet Adam Sandler, Christopher Walken and Kate Beckensale (and she is just as hot in real life as she is on screen!)
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat May 27, 2006 5:50 pm

Ooo, me! I love to act and sing, and I'm in as many of my school's dramatic productions as I can be. XD In fact, I was in my school's production of Oklahoma! just recently, as Aunt Eller! (see attachment) Also, I played an extra in my school's first musical, "Fiddler on the Roof," I played Maude in my school's production of "The Music Man," and I was an extra and a fan-dancer in my school's production of "The King and I" last year. :D I've also been in my school's one-act plays and Christmas plays. :D

Fun times! I really, REALLY miss the play this year, but I can't WAIT until next year! :thumb:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sat May 27, 2006 5:52 pm

I used to be pretty big into acting/drama stuff, but I think with the feeling of being incompitant by the teachers (ALWAYS giving me the smallest roles -_-;) sort of... slipped away from it all :/ Never did want to go into the high school plays or anything though.

One thing I'll say though: it REEEEEEALLY bugs me when I see people overact (aka overemphasizing certain words, making it sound fake and cheesy :/) Heh, basically went over all this in that one anime topic I made, but just as a reminder^^
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Peanut » Sun May 28, 2006 1:16 pm

So yeah...I'm an actor...and well...I have had fun...ok I have a lot of fun...with all the plays I have been in...now it is time for me to brag...I mean list all the plays and musicals I have been in with the parts I have played :sweat:

Church Plays:
Harold Henchmen (Without a Prayer)
Leoplod (Synchoro)
Jay/Jesus (CSI)

School:
A G-Man (You Can't Take it With You)
The Undertaker (Scrooge and Marley)
Bishop Henry T. Dobson (Anything Goes)
Charlie Brown (Your a Good Man Charlie Brown)
Barry (Seven Menus)

Yeah...that's about it...I have also performed in some skits at my church... and that is about it...
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Mega.EXE » Sun May 28, 2006 1:40 pm

I like to act though I prefer singing my cousin has been in like 5 commercials america's most wanted (not the one being wanted :lol: ) and a couple of hallmark and abc movies he has more of a passion for it though
Mega.EXE

Return to General Entertainment