Hoodwinked

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Hoodwinked

Postby Linksquest » Wed May 17, 2006 8:56 pm

I had high expectations for this film, but it didn't seem to measure up. It seemed like a movie more suited for younger kids, although they made some allusions that I don't think many kids would understand. I liked the song "Red is Blue," and some parts were funny.

Anyone else see this? What did you think?
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Wed May 17, 2006 8:58 pm

It.... really doesn't look too appealing to me. While some of the CG movies look quite good this one... personally I thought it looked dumb, although I've never watched it^^
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Wed May 17, 2006 9:11 pm

*falls over backwards, dead*

...well, i thought it was good, quite refreshing really from what's being put out for the most part, i thought it was cool how they parodied various other popular movies in there as well, not to mention how varying the stories were when told from different perspectives

....and i thought andy whatshisface was funny as a rabbit

actually, now that i think about it, i'm pretty sure the guy that did the voice of the squirrel, who also did some production work on this movie i believe, used to host a christian video program on insp called "signal exchange" that was later changed to "ccm tv"
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby Linksquest » Wed May 17, 2006 9:20 pm

Yeshua-Knight wrote:*falls over backwards, dead*
i thought it was cool how they parodied various other popular movies in there as well, not to mention how varying the stories were when told from different perspectives

I thought that was cool too.

[SPOILER] When we see a different perspective (I forget whose) of Little Red flying on her bike, their reaction was hilarious. I think it was the wolf's perspective. [/SPOILER]
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.

Linksquest

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed May 17, 2006 9:26 pm

This movie would have been awesome if it had only been about the wolf and the squirrel. I mean, there were some nice, funny moments, but, overall, I was just glad when this one was over. Personally, I think the poor animation contributed to my overall impressions.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu May 18, 2006 1:54 am

They had very little money to make it. It's not here yet but I've heard it's great entertainment but the CGI is lacking.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Sai » Thu May 18, 2006 8:28 am

I liked it better than i thought I would. I had really low expectations for it so that had something to do with it. The animation was sort of odd though. The wolf's perspective was defintely the best but I also sort of liked the wood cutter guy's perspective too..
"Bother"
Sai

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu May 18, 2006 9:32 am

I have heard alot of people say it is funny so i think I will be seeing it eventually
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby MomoAdachi » Thu May 18, 2006 11:37 am

I really dislike CGI, so I will never see this film. I do really love Anne Hathaway though(Princess Diaries forever!).
Non-Christian Anti-Hentai Grrl
#1 Dubbed Sailor Moon Fan!
#1 Peach Girl Fan!

98% of the teenage population does or have tried smoking pot. If you are one of the 2% who haven't, copy or paste this in your signature.
MomoAdachi

Postby Felix » Thu May 18, 2006 11:45 am

The fact the the guy that does the wolf's voice is also the same guy who does Cronk's voice is enough for me to love this movie XD I thought it was really funny, funnier than I thought it would be. The animation wasn't super, but I thought it fit nicely.
Felix

Postby Linksquest » Thu May 18, 2006 11:55 am

MomoAdachi wrote:I really dislike CGI, so I will never see this film. I do really love Anne Hathaway though(Princess Diaries forever!).

Yea, the fact that Anne Hathaway was the voice actor for Little Red Riding hood was one of the main reasons I wanted to watch it in the first place.
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

Linksquest

Postby TrigunX89 » Thu May 18, 2006 3:42 pm

I've been really tired of all these CGI movies coming out all the time. However, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw Hoodwinked. Best CGI movie since Shrek, I'd say. (except for Advent Children... but that's entirely different...)
TrigunX89

Postby Linksquest » Thu May 18, 2006 7:03 pm

TrigunX89 wrote:I've been really tired of all these CGI movies coming out all the time.

I must say that I LOVE CGI movies. More and more are coming out because many people like them and there have been some really good CGI movies in the recent past (especially titles by Disney & PIXAR as well as Shrek).

Some actor said that CGI movies are becoming so popular that he wouldn't surprised that in the near future all movies would be done with CGI (incredibly realistic, that is) and all the actors would become voice actors. It's crazy enough to actually be possible. I would be sad if that happened. CGI and Traditional acting are both awesome for their own reasons.

Live theatre is also incredible!
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

Linksquest

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Thu May 18, 2006 7:04 pm

i guess the part that i liked about it was that it was trying to be cartoony, and not striving for the cgi realism that's been the holy grail of so many other cgi companies, which by the way i feel has thuroughly been obtained by the folks that put together advent children
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby TrigunX89 » Fri May 19, 2006 2:43 pm

Linksquest wrote:I must say that I LOVE CGI movies. More and more are coming out because many people like them and there have been some really good CGI movies in the recent past (especially titles by Disney & PIXAR as well as Shrek).

I must admit, I love Pixar. :)
TrigunX89

Postby Mega.EXE » Sun May 21, 2006 11:00 am

:( it wasnt good at all there was like 2 funny parts and the plot was to easy to figure out :shake:
Mega.EXE

Postby Tarnish » Sun May 21, 2006 12:20 pm

It was...okay. I liked the squirrel, woodsman, and wolf, but every other character else was so very...drab.
And I like CG, but the animation was dreadful! It kept changing from passable, to N64 quality. It was very distracting.

All and all, it probably wasn't worth seeing.
i draw things

Ponies are for ages six and under.
Tarnish

Postby Locke » Sun May 21, 2006 3:08 pm

The Woodsman ownd the movie.

Did anyone else laugh when they heard the sonic boom?
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Return to General Entertainment