Is AU really cancelled?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Is AU really cancelled?

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed May 17, 2006 12:40 pm

I'm pondering this question because even though someone else has already said that they're not renewing it I have not seen any signs of this.For one thing they still have the AU board up and it is still very active as of today.
For another I have not read any posts while lurking at the AU forum that indicate it has been permenantly cancelled.Indeed the ones that seem to know only suggest that they're tyring to acquire new anime that would fit into the new format.Finally if it had been cancelled why keep fans wondering
and just have a note posted on the AU webpage saying so?It would seem odd that if the show were cancelled that TPTB at G4 would:
A.Still allow the AU board up.
B.Still keep the same This Show Is Not Currently Being Aired message up
(instead of having a This Show Is Now Cancelled message which would be more logical)
C.Not inform the mods and admin of the AU board about this so they could pass it on to their other forum members.I don't think it should be such a big secret if it were cancelled but every post that I have read at the AU forum suggests that people have either not been told or else that it will return.
mitsuki lover

Postby Linksquest » Wed May 17, 2006 1:49 pm

Uhh... pardon my ignorance, but... what is "AU" ?
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed May 17, 2006 2:10 pm

Anime Unleashed that started on TechTV and stayed when the merger with G4 happened...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Linksquest » Wed May 17, 2006 2:30 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:Anime Unleashed that started on TechTV and stayed when the merger with G4 happened...

Oh... did it air anime shows late at night?
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.

Linksquest

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed May 17, 2006 8:34 pm

It aired them at various times in the day... When it started, it was mostly the fas side of anime, quite clear of pop anime stuff like Trigun or Kenshin or DBZ... It featured Lain, Crest of the Stars, and Boogiepop Phantom, among others... I was a serious member on their message boards before I came here. That was so long ago... You know, 3 years...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Linksquest » Wed May 17, 2006 8:41 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:It aired them at various times in the day... When it started, it was mostly the fas side of anime, quite clear of pop anime stuff like Trigun or Kenshin or DBZ... It featured Lain, Crest of the Stars, and Boogiepop Phantom, among others... I was a serious member on their message boards before I came here. That was so long ago... You know, 3 years...

Long long ago, on a forum far away. :lol:

Well... I never watched it then, lol, seeing as I didn't even know what it was, but that's a shame that it's going off especially for those people that were watching it for their anime "fix." If it does get taken off hopefully it (or an another anime program) will come back either on G4 or on another channel.
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

Linksquest

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu May 18, 2006 12:26 pm

The question is still up in the air it seems.I rechecked at the AU forum again today and there was still no real actual news about what was going on.If G4 did cancel it I believe they would loose a lot of viewers.
mitsuki lover

Postby rocklobster » Sat May 20, 2006 5:06 am

Another channel that did this a few years back was the Sci-fi Channel. (Remember those days? Ah). But they played movies, not series. I think a mistake of theirs was putting Akira on Saturday morning, not at night where no kids might watch it. Way too violent.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Return to General Entertainment