Fiddler on the roof

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Fiddler on the roof

Postby Josh Fisher » Thu May 11, 2006 9:54 pm

Hey I Love that movie Fiddler on The Roof, has any one else seen it and what did you think of it....
Ecclesiastes 11:9-10 "Be happy, young man, while you are young, and let your heart give you joy in the days of your youth, So then, banish anxiety from your heart and cast off the troubles of your body, for youth and vigor are meaningless,"

God is bigger than the boogie man, he's bigger than Godzilla or the monsters on TV. God is bigger than the boogie man and he's watching out for you and me
Josh Fisher

Postby christianfriend » Thu May 11, 2006 9:59 pm

...I've actually never heard of that movie ^^;; whats it about??
[font="Lucida Console"][align=center]“The [color="Magenta"]best[/color] kind of [color="Magenta"]friend[/color] is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.â€
christianfriend

Postby Gypsy » Thu May 11, 2006 10:02 pm

I'm a big fan of Fiddler on the Roof. I especially like the song about tradition ... I'm also a big fan of the tradition of putting threads in the right place. ;) Moved to GE.

I really do like Fiddler, though. ^^
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Maledicte » Thu May 11, 2006 10:16 pm

Love the movie, love the songs.

Traditiooooooon, tradition!....TRADITION!
Maledicte

Postby Kaligraphic » Thu May 11, 2006 11:41 pm

Seen it, liked it, own the soundtrack. (I plan on getting the DVD at some point.)
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby Jaltus-bot » Fri May 12, 2006 12:38 am

Kaligraphic wrote:Seen it, liked it, own the soundtrack.

No way? Me too. ;)
When I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Asdvadz hedut ullah! (W. Armenian, "May God bless you!")

It's cosplay, get used to it.

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him."

"One of the nice things about diseases of the brain is they tend to slip your mind." Colbert
Jaltus-bot

Postby Puritan » Fri May 12, 2006 6:04 am

This is one of my favorite musicals as well. "If I were a Rich Man" is classic, and "Tradition" is a really great song as well

[quote="christianfriend"]...I've actually never heard of that movie ^^]

It's about a town of Russian Jews, specifically the family of the town's milkman, Tevye, as they deal with the changing times. Not to give away plot details, but Tevye must deal with changes in the world around him (This is set in early 20th century Tsarist Russia, and Russia was dealing with many changes and problems at the time) and how this clashes with his traditions. Its a sad story, overall, but its interesting and well done.
"...cease not a day from this work; be killing sin or it will be killing you." - John Owen The Mortification of Sin
Puritan

Postby meboeck » Fri May 12, 2006 7:44 am

SirThinks2Much wrote:Love the movie, love the songs.

Traditiooooooon, tradition!....TRADITION!

That is an awesome song! I own the movie. The only downside is that it's really long because it has a part for each of Tevye's three daughters. On the upside, it does a great job of keeping your attention with great script and excellent music. It was the first musical I ever saw live, and buy was it a perfect introduction to the world of musical theater.
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri May 12, 2006 1:05 pm

"Is there a Blessing for the Czar?"
"May the Good Lord keep the Czar...Far Away From Us!"
mitsuki lover

Postby Josh Fisher » Fri May 12, 2006 2:28 pm

"Dear God, you made many poor people. I realize it is no shame to be poor. But it isnt a great honor either."

*begins dancing* IF I WAS A RICH MAN YIDDLE DIDDLE DIIDLE BUM ALL DAY LONG ID DIDDLE DIDDLE DUM IF I WERE A WEALTH Y MAN."

Yay
Ecclesiastes 11:9-10 "Be happy, young man, while you are young, and let your heart give you joy in the days of your youth, So then, banish anxiety from your heart and cast off the troubles of your body, for youth and vigor are meaningless,"

God is bigger than the boogie man, he's bigger than Godzilla or the monsters on TV. God is bigger than the boogie man and he's watching out for you and me
Josh Fisher

Postby Tancos » Fri May 12, 2006 4:26 pm

My parents had the Broadway soundtrack (with Zero Mostel) and played it weekly, if not daily, for years, and I didn't utterly loathe it. In other words, it is good. The movie I didn't care for as much; Topol isn't Tevye.
Tancos

Postby Lynx » Fri May 12, 2006 9:56 pm

that play ROCKS!!!!!! i LOVE fiddler! I've seen the movie, seen it on broadway, and seen some other professional theater group do it. It's easily my favorite play.
In my heart's sequestered chambers
Lie truths stripped of poet's gloss...
Lynx

Postby Arnobius » Fri May 12, 2006 10:03 pm

I love it. I've seen it as community theater and as the movie. Well worth seeing.
Arnobius

Postby Maledicte » Fri May 12, 2006 10:30 pm

And Isaac Stern as the Fiddler (not onscreen, but actually playing)....*sigh* great stuff.
Maledicte

Postby Kale » Fri May 12, 2006 11:31 pm

I have the movie.

Definitely one of my favorites.

I love the dude with the news, who's so full of himself xD "Well put? Well put."
Yes. I know.
Kale

Postby muskrat » Sat May 13, 2006 7:03 am

I love this musical. My high school performed it when I was a freshman. The actors never quite got the bottle dance right so the bottles wound up velcroed to their hats so they wouldn't fall off.

(how in the world do you spell velcroed?)
muskrat

Postby rocklobster » Sat May 13, 2006 8:53 am

We have the sheet music. I kind of like it.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat May 13, 2006 1:43 pm

Ah, love this movie/play. I was able to participate in it as an extra when my school did it for the Spring Musical three years ago (it was our first, actually! :D Plenty of good memories!). Anyways, I love the music...Far From the Home I Love was my first song that I sang for my voice lessons, too. XD I recently (last year, actually) went to see it on stage at a professional theater in a nearby city, and it was WONDERFUL! Tevye was so well cast. XD Anyways, yes, LOVE this play, even moreso because of all the nostalgia I have to go with it. :lol:
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Return to General Entertainment