25 worst sequals ever made

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

25 worst sequals ever made

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:46 pm

ok so this is what intertainment weekly says

25: Matrix reloaded(for some reason i actually liked it other that the certain scene and the crappy effects)

24 the next karate kid (not a big fan)

23 Porkys 2 :the next day (i refuse to ever watch either)

22 Teen wolf too (never saw it)

21 legaly blone 2 (yea this movie sucked in my oppion)

20 godfather III (how dare they put a GodFather movie under this catagorie its a shame to the family )

19 revenge of the Nerds (the 1st one had funny momments but this one NOPE:Btw i saw them edited Thank God)

18 battle for the planet of the apes

17 star trek V (i hate star trek anyways)

16 Oceans 12 (i liked it better than the 1st one)

15 Dumb and Dumbeer (agreed)

14 Conan the destroyer

13 The sting 2 (never even heard of it)

12 Star wars episode 1 (i actually liked this one alot)

11 Dirty Dancing havana nights ((*shudders)

10 Jaw the revenge (yet another attempt to milk a franchise)

9 Speed 2 (another one i actually liked)

8 Jason Takes Manhatten(same as above)

7 The fly 2 (another installment of Gore)

6 weekend at bernies 2 ( i mean really a dead guy comes back for a sequal and is still dead)

5 Batman and Robin (i kinda liked this one also)

4 Blues brothers 2000 (another one i liked)

3 Lepracan Back 2 tha hood ( yea should have never been done EVER)

2 Caddyshack 2 (when u set the comedy bar as high as the 1st one u can't help but be disapointed)

1 Staying Alive (*shudders*)

so whats our thoughts on this list
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby rocklobster » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:56 pm

I never really saw a reason for the first Weekend at Bernie's.
Now where are the Police Academy movies, pray tell?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:37 pm

The Neverending Story 3 is pretty bad.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:38 pm

hmm interesting...

where is Mulan 2? and Cinderella 2 and Tarzan 2 and umm.. stuff like dat..
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:56 pm

GrubbTheFragger wrote:20 godfather III (how dare they put a GodFather movie under this catagory its a shame to the family )

:lol: Actually, that movie (though I've never seen it) has the song Cav Ruz Intermezzo in it, which plays during one of my favorite scenes in Rurouni Kenshin. This alone makes this movie worthwhile. XD

15 Dumb and Dumberer (agreed)

Never saw this one either, but without Jim Carrey OR Jeff Daniels, it was bound for the worst sequels list.

12 Star wars episode 1 (i actually liked this one a lot)

I agree with this one. Anakin was an annoying kid, Jar-Jar made people more violent, and Darth Maul was a flat character with no other meaning in life than a double-bladed lightsaber and a cool death scene. Episode I gave a little background, and that's all. But, without Liam Neeson or Ewan McGregor, it would have crashed more horribly than it did. *nodnod*

Blah, nope. The first Batman movie was directed by Tim Burton, if I recall, and it was alright. The rest; however, were absolutely horrid, up until the recent Batman Begins.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby bigsleepj » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:02 pm

The Godfather Part 3 is usually disliked because of the director's occasionally terrible artistic decisions, like casting Sophia Copolla in an important role while she sadly can't act. They also dislike it because of its slow plot.

However the truth is that I prefer "The Godfather Part 3" over Part 2 (considered by many to be superior to Part 1 while I always found it dull) singularly because of its spiritual nature as well for its character psychology which is rather profound.
bigsleepj

Postby DrNic » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:03 pm

GrubbTheFragger wrote:
12 Star wars episode 1 (i actually liked this one alot)

Seriously, why do people keep going on about this one being the worst. At least it had a plot 'cough' unlikeepisode2 'cough' I mean, yeah, Jar Jar Binks should never even have existed, and they did rip Darth Maul out of a really excellent film part (George could have put him in his own spin off series called 'The Amazingly Awesome Adventures of Darth Maul and his equally cool looking evil friends', but instead he gave him one line and made him die :( ) but episode 1 was sooooooo much less poo than other Star Wars movies 'cough' episode2 'cough'

GrubbTheFragger wrote:
8 Jason Takes Manhatten(same as above)

This films excellent for the simple reason that it and me have a sort of... history. Me and some friends were being stupid (like normal) and came up with the film 'Teletubbies Take Manhatten', this led to many hundreds of teletubby movies being suggested over the course of the next month or so, until everyone around us wanted to shoot themselves...or us. I also added it to the list on the website 'Things That Don't Exist' recently...plus about another 20 spin off movies of the same title or similar. Now I'm infamous there as well :P

It was an alright film (apart from the lame bit in the sewer near the end), but gets my thumbs up for the above reason :D

GrubbTheFragger wrote:
7 The fly 2 (another installment of Gore)

I liked it. Not quite as good as the first but amusing still.

GrubbTheFragger wrote:

Again. I like this one a bit, it was amusing (if a bit wooden).

Terminator 3 needs to be on this list. Doesn't do the original two justice (and shouldn't even exist as they made it IMPOSSIBLE for skynet to exist in the second movie, and so make the excuse that 'Skynet HAD to happen'. Sorta reasoning that screams 'scraping the bottom of the barrel'.

'gasp', Ok Im done :)
Take me

Far from all that's wrong and...
Let these

Fears collapse inside

Take me

Back to when i...

Believed

Bloodless by Emery

Come visit the free state of Non-1000: Home of the Special Uber Elite (and try the burgers :P)

There's this dude named DrNic,
If you forget him, he'll get ticked! - By CobaltAngel

:grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin:
DrNic

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:24 pm

Original Star Wars Trilogy > Star Wars Episode III > Episode I > Episode II.

And uh...yeah, I think Matrix Reloaded was one of my least favorite sequels ever.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Monkey J. Luffy » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:28 pm

um... Where was Sandlot 2?
Monkey J. Luffy

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:56 pm

25: Matrix reloaded: I like ALL 3 Matrix movies...

24 the next karate kid I agree, crap

18 battle for the planet of the apes I don't remember this one, but I'm nearly certain I liked all of these movies.

17 star trek V (i hate star trek anyways) Hahaha... Odd numbered trek films suck? Well, they definately were worse than the others...

16 Oceans 12 I hated Oceans 11, so why would I even watch this?

12 Star wars episode 1 (i actually liked this one alot) I liked it when it first came out... Grew to not like it so much...

10 Jaw the revenge (yet another attempt to milk a franchise) Was this movie 3 or 4? Because generally quadrologies don't work...

7 The fly 2... I liked this better than the first remake... Mostly because of the Outer Limits feel to the whole thing... It was pretty cool to see the flies gather around the kid's hand at the beginning, and the last scene was totally twilight zone / outer limits... It was awesome... The old movies were much better, though.

5 Batman and Robin Definately the worst in the "modern" batman series... Second worse being 2. I actually liked Batman Forever, but I haven't seen Batman Begins to see a truly serious Batman movie...

3 Lepracan Back 2 tha hood Hahahah... When you've got such great stock like Leprechaun, how can you go wrong?? Hahahahaah! I have the urge to say a limmerick... I'll refrain, though.

1 Staying Alive. What? this was a sequal?

There were much worse sequals than many of those listed here... Secret of Nimh 2, most of the Land Before Time movies, Charlotte's web 2, All Dogs Go to Heaven 2... Basically any sequal to a Don Bluth cartoon... The company that he worked for always ruined his stuff by making sequals, and without him no less... (I don't think Dob Bluth worked on Charlotte's Web, but it's based on a classic Children's book, while there is no book as a basis for the sequal...) Definately the worst of the bunch was Secret of Nimh 2... Mostly because it was such a big drop. The original was so incredibly beautiful... The best work of American animation, hands down, but they totally ruined it... Gah... Seeing it in bright colors with broadway style songs and an absolutely absurd plot... Man... I think I may have cried...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Linksquest » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:00 pm

Pretty much all disney movie sequels... are horrendous... WHEN WILL THEY LEARN!!!!!!!!!!!!! err.. half of those movies on that list... i had never heard of/seen before...
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Postby Tommy » Mon May 01, 2006 11:33 am

Bobtheduck wrote:1 Staying Alive. What? this was a sequal?

I assumming your thinking of the Frankie Muniz movie "Stay Alive".

"Staying Alive" was a sequel to "Saturday Night Fever".
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon May 01, 2006 11:50 am

ChristianRonin wrote:hmm interesting...

where is Mulan 2? and Cinderella 2 and Tarzan 2 and umm.. stuff like dat..

I think those are just a given to be horrid.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon May 01, 2006 12:04 pm

that is VERY VERY TRUE SHAO! :lol:
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon May 01, 2006 12:39 pm

Xd
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Joshua Christopher » Mon May 01, 2006 1:19 pm

The second Lord of the Rings movie, along with the second Star Wars of the "original" trilogy. Those were horrible.
Joshua Christopher

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon May 01, 2006 1:21 pm

Joshua Christopher wrote:The second Lord of the Rings movie, along with the second Star Wars of the "original" trilogy. Those were horrible.

I respectfully disagree with you. Empire Strikes Back was my favorite Star Wars movie ever.

Unless my sarcasm detector is broken again. I should just get that thing replaced already.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon May 01, 2006 4:05 pm

Nobody liked Star Trek V except for probably Gene Roddenberry and William Shatner.
mitsuki lover

Postby battletech » Mon May 01, 2006 4:14 pm

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 and 3
[img]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/bluebattletech/amuro_ray_emblem1_zps864eefb8.png[/img]
Gundam fan for life.
battletech

Postby Joshua Christopher » Mon May 01, 2006 4:38 pm

ShiroiHikari wrote:Unless my sarcasm detector is broken again. I should just get that thing replaced already.

I'll give you one for free, then. ::gives::
Joshua Christopher

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon May 01, 2006 4:43 pm

One movie I hear get almost universally bad ratings is Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo, though that may have been the first movie to use a rotating set to walk on the ceiling haha... Of course, the original movie has a low rating as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Joshua Christopher » Tue May 02, 2006 9:03 am

Bobtheduck wrote:One movie I hear get almost universally bad ratings is Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo, though that may have been the first movie to use a rotating set to walk on the ceiling haha... Of course, the original movie has a low rating as well.

How dare you, sir. I challenge you to a duel.

No one should ever insult such a cinematic masterpiece. >: (
Joshua Christopher

Return to General Entertainment