Death Note LIVE ACTION!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Death Note LIVE ACTION!

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:22 pm

http://www.death-note-movie.com

watch the trailer! May have to use internet explorer

I can't wait T__T L looks SO COOL!!!!!
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby The Last Bard » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:27 pm

Rive action! That should be intresting...haha, I know what you're talking about, I'm checking it out now.
The Last Bard

Postby Locke » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:38 pm

Heehee, he looks like Harry Potter ^^;;
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby Debitt » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:40 pm

YES. Very yes! Oh man...this looks amazing. The casting looks really awesome. =D

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:45 pm

DUDE. I have got to see this movie. L looks freaking hot. Uh, I mean, cool.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Debitt » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:59 pm

x3 Chairman Kaga of Iron Chef fame is in it...

If that's not reason to NEED to see it, I don't know what is.

Debitt

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:00 pm

ShiroiHikari wrote:L looks freaking hot. Uh, I mean, cool.

I agree....... in a non-gay man to man way!
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:53 pm

Trailer didn't really have too much... content to it (haven't read the manga so hoping the trailer would show a bit more of what it was about).
Huh, so I guess it's Warner Bros Japan division^^
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Cognitive Gear » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:54 pm

huh... looks promising. I really enjoy the manga, so hopefully this will make it's way here.
Cognitive Gear

Postby meboeck » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:59 pm

Since various suspence/thriller movies have come from Japan to America, I wouldn't be surprised to see this in the US. Although it might take a while. I think it does look promising, but it's true that the trailer shows pretty much no plot.
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby Debitt » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:01 pm

http://pdl.warnerbros.com/wbol/jp/deathnote/swf/trailer2.swf

That trailer lets in on a lot more. You can see the original sized version if you click the Death Note on the main page, then investigate the TV on the far right side of Light's room. There are 2 buttons you have to hit on the remote to get it playing.

Debitt

Postby meboeck » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:08 pm

Ooh, this trailer looks really good! I really like how the shinigami looks in that last clip. They did a great job of making him look just like in the manga. Now I really hope this gets to the US. Although since I know MSP, I'm sure I will end up seeing it either way.
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:35 am

With the manga just finishing, I'm in the mood to see a live action movie. I hope they don't feel obligated to stick to every detail of the manga. Rather, they should attempt to tell the basic story (Light with the Death Note) and keep the same atmosphere of intellectual conflict.
uc pseudonym

Postby jazz » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:05 am

ooh! this is exciting! i really hope it does come out in North America.
jazz

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:03 pm

Kokoro Daisuke wrote:http://pdl.warnerbros.com/wbol/jp/deathnote/swf/trailer2.swf

That trailer lets in on a lot more. You can see the original sized version if you click the Death Note on the main page, then investigate the TV on the far right side of Light's room. There are 2 buttons you have to hit on the remote to get it playing.

Holy crap! L's voice is all distorted! That is so cool!

I am so getting this as soon as it's out... It'll be a while for the DVD to be released >_>
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Locke » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:20 am

Mucho props for playing Dani California in the preview, might just be the reason I see the movie =D
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby Tarnish » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:02 pm

I want to see the trailer, but my computer says it's an unrecognizable file...
i draw things

Ponies are for ages six and under.
Tarnish

Postby TrigunX89 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:18 am

Looks interesting. I've been wanting to read the manga...
TrigunX89

Postby Debitt » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:25 am

Locke wrote:Mucho props for playing Dani California in the preview, might just be the reason I see the movie =D

According to t the site, it's the movie's theme. Apparently the Red Hot Chili Peppers are Death Note fans. X3

And Orenji, I don't know why you're getting that message. O_O It's a .swf flash file...

Debitt

Postby Kawaiikneko » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:26 am

O___O I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS! L looks sweet.
Kawaiikneko

Postby Sakura15 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:52 am

DUUUDE!! I wanna see this!! it looks awesome!!! ^^
[color="SeaGreen"]
"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." -Isaiah 41:13
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
If I don't have You, Jesus?
What in this life
Could mean any more?- Starfield
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby Nami » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:10 am

Sweet, this is one of my favorite mangas, This looks Teh Awesome!
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby Kawaiikneko » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:23 pm

according to ann there will be two movies, one released in June, the other released in October. YAY~

Link: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=8198

I read on a forum somewhere that there's also an anime in the making... I can't see DN making a great anime though. Too much dialogue.

edit: Shouldn't this be in the anime or manga section? Its not technically either, but its awfully related...
Kawaiikneko

Postby Aka-chan » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:57 pm

It's so beautiful... Woohoo for L!! ^__^ I really want to see this.
Aka-chan

Postby Mangafanatic » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:34 pm

ARRRRGH! I CAN'T SEE IT! I'm missing a plugin, but my computer can't detect which one!

So, what do we think our chances of a region one release of this bad boy are? It might have a chance since the manga is licensed, but, on the other hand, how many live action adaptions of manga have been licensed. . . (Boogie Pop and Others is the only one I can think of right now. I know there are others, but I don't know what they are)
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:42 pm

Kawaiikneko wrote:I read on a forum somewhere that there's also an anime in the making... I can't see DN making a great anime though. Too much dialogue.

I agree. Though I doubt I'd watch it much, I must say that I expect some pretty impressive animation. It isn't as though their budget will be taken by flashy fightscenes.

Kawaiikneko wrote:edit: Shouldn't this be in the anime or manga section? Its not technically either, but its awfully related...

Precedent puts all movies in General Entertainment, which is why I think it was here. It should be fine.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon May 01, 2006 1:51 pm

Kawaiikneko wrote:according to ann there will be two movies, one released in June, the other released in October. YAY~

Link: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=8198

I read on a forum somewhere that there's also an anime in the making... I can't see DN making a great anime though. Too much dialogue.

edit: Shouldn't this be in the anime or manga section? Its not technically either, but its awfully related...

I'm going to assume the second movie features the following:
[spoiler]Are you SURE YOU want the spoiler???? Then scroll to the next spoiler[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Near and Mello. After L's Death[/spoiler]
So, what do we think our chances of a region one release of this bad boy are? It might have a chance since the manga is licensed, but, on the other hand, how many live action adaptions of manga have been licensed. . . (Boogie Pop and Others is the only one I can think of right now. I know there are others, but I don't know what they are)
That's a good question. Boogiepop and Others, Hotaru no Haka live action, GTO live action. All those never made the states. But others like Battle Royale have, but that is not based off a manga.

If they remake an american version. That would be the worst.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue May 02, 2006 2:00 pm

I agree with your division of the two movies. Attempting to squeeze both into a single film would seem a bit much, where as the time skip and different style of conflict would encourage such a separation.

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:If they remake an american version. That would be the worst.

Unless they do something atrocious, I don't think this would necessarily be bad. It might be nice to see Death Note in the hands of a top notch producer.
uc pseudonym

Postby Inferno » Wed May 03, 2006 8:44 am

I've never read the manga and the movie looks kinda weird to say the least. I bet i'll like it though. Where can I pick up the manga I've never seen it in most of my local bookstores.
"rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

METAL!!! :rock:

Member of headbangers united! \m/ >,< \m/

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed May 03, 2006 8:50 am

I don't know how reliable this information is, but I found this on animenewsservice.com
Major news to relay on the front of the upcoming 2 tiered DEATH NOTE movie series. The first serial is due in Japanese theaters on Saturday, June 17th with the second following closely in October. Distribution is being handled by Warner, a box-office profit target of 10 billion Yen from both films combined has been set, 320 theaters are being aimed at for the release. Fans outside of Japan can rejoice in the fact that both an overseas distribution of these 2 movies and possible remakes are being looked at.

Anways, that sounds nice. ^____^

*Is still irked that she can't see the trailer.*
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Next

Return to General Entertainment