Favorite/Least Favorite Movie and Why

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Favorite/Least Favorite Movie and Why

Postby Tommy » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:48 am

This is pretty tough.

I pretty much can`t answer because I have a favorite and least favorite in every genre but not overall. *shrugs*

I`ll just do comedy

Favorite: Weird Al/ Napoleon Dynamite (cultic classic)

Least Favorite: Any R rated comedy, I hate.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Allegro » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:58 am

Favorite Movie(s) - Wayne's World (I & II): Hilarious coming-of-age film that reflects it's SNL counterpart; over-the-top humor by Mike Myers and Dana Carvey. I loved both parts, though I am leaning towards the second one as my most favorite of the two.

Least Favorite - Corky Romano: Just an awful mess from beginning to end. Chris Kattan is more annoying than he is trying to be funny.
Allegro

Postby Tommy » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:38 am

Yeah, but the part when he does CPR on the dog is side-splitting.

Wayne`s World I and II are classics, I agree.

"Stairway to Heaven......DENIED!"
Tommy

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:00 am

Favorite:
Batman Begins - I've always been a batman fan and when i saw this movie, i was very pleased with it. especially the end when they make it really obvious that the joker will be in the next batman movie. excellent movie.

Least Favorite:
Kung Pow: Enter the fist - this movie sucked. period. it was just plain stupid.
jon_jinn

Postby Sai » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:24 am

Fav- I dunno. I have alot of favorites.

Least Fav.-Any horror movie and the R rated comedies are pretty bad..
"Bother"
Sai

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:57 am

Hmm...

My favorite movie is a toss-up between Big Fish and the Last Samurai. Both are such good films, even though they're both kind of sad. Even so, sometimes I like sad movies like those. I come away feeling like I watched something really, really good, instead of something I'll forget the next day.

As for comedies, The Princess Bride. Hands down. It NEVER gets old! XD

Least favorite movies...Hmmm...That could quite possibly go to Tom Hanks' The Ladykillers. It was so stuffed full of the F-word that my family and I walked out of it. Tom Hanks is one of my favorite actors, but I was dissapointed that he made that movie. It was just pathetic, I thought.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:36 pm

Favorite - Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind... Because, in many ways Joel is me.

Least Favorite - I'm not sure... It's a tossup among King Arthur, Troy, and Pay it Forward... Actually, the first two top my "Biggest disappointment" category, because I LOVE mythology, so trying to treat it like history and removing the mythology really gets me... Pay it Forward, though... Too many Christians acting like that's a good Christian movie, like they did with Matrix... At least Matrix had a cool plot and just reeked cool... The ENTIRE purpose of PIF was to push a worldview that's WRONG... Humans aren't "basically good" and a PIF scenario depends on humanity being good... So, that's my least favorite.

We should have a category for most disappointing, too... I allready said, a tie between Arthur and Troy...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Tarnish » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:46 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:Least Favorite: Any R rated comedy, I hate.

You lose for hating Blazing Saddles.

Favorite: Ah, I've seen so many that it's hard to choose...but for now I'm going to go with Star Wars: Return of the Jedi.

Why: Dunno. It just strikes a chord with me.

Least Favorite: MANOS: THE HANDS OF FATE!!! AAARRRGH. Just thinking about that mess makes me feel sticky and dirty...

And why, you ask?? I'm just going to say this: it was written by a Texas fertilizer salesman. And it's every bit as bad as that would imply.
i draw things

Ponies are for ages six and under.
Tarnish

Postby Tommy » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:36 am

Oh darn, Orenji you`re right. I do like Blazing Saddles. Nevermind THAT then...
Tommy

Postby Stephen » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:07 am

There are quite a few good r-rated comedys. Then again, considering the two people who said they hated them are 15 and 16. So what business do you have watching R-rated movies anyway? Anywho. Fav movie. Hmm. I will just go with a recent one I enjoyed. V for Vendetta. As far as least fav...how bout an Uwe Boll film. Alone in the Dark took sucking to a whole new level.
Stephen

Postby Tommy » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:53 am

I`m going to take that back and go with specifics. I was mainly refering to movies along the lines of:

American Pie, Not Another Teen Movie, ect ect

Movies like Blazing Saddles and Blues Brothers never occured to me so I take it back.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:20 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:Movies like Blazing Saddles and Blues Brothers never occured to me so I take it back.

Blues Brothers was R-rated? Wow, I never knew...*has seen about half, if even that, of it.* Still though, I had never heard of it having an R-rating. :eh:
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Tommy » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:08 am

Maybe when I read the back of the box the R was false..?
Tommy

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:52 am

tom wrote:Maybe when I read the back of the box the R was false..?

nah it is rated R for the language.

my favs: Dawn of the Dead (remake) Saw, Underworld, LOTR trilogy, King Kong.

least favs: most comedys. i don't now y they just aren't funny to me. i think it is a dark urge in me that says things should explode in the movies i watch
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Sai » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:56 pm

Then again, considering the two people who said they hated them are 15 and 16.

Yeah that's true. I should have thought that over better before i said it. And I forgot about the blues brother's. That was funny. For me right now most R movies=I can't watch it. Which is the same with alot of the PG-13 movies. So I haven't seen really any R comedies besides blues brothers. Least I can't remember specifics. Usually I will sit there with my dad and then he says "This is too hard to watch with you" so i leave. Don't alot of kids that are sixteen watch r movies tho?? Sry I dont really know. So sorry for typing w/out thinking.
"Bother"
Sai

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:49 pm

Sai wrote:Don't alot of kids that are sixteen watch r movies tho?? Sry I dont really know.

I've had ALOT of friends that started when they were like 8 :/ I really think that shouldn't be for a lot of movies^^ *remembers in Kid's church when some kids were discussing a "bad" scene they say on some rated R horror* :/ You know, little kids wanting to watch a scary movie, and stuff like that is in there (guess maybe horrible violence wouldn't totally be a good thign either, of course^^) I think it's getting too young to watch those kind of movies, honestly. And I know in Canada, we usually are more linient about ratings and bump American ratings down one :/ Not too many rated 'R' (or '18A' as we call it now) anymore :/ Most go down to PG-13 :/ Also... not the best thing :/
Honestly, it all depends on maturity on some movies but R movies are definately NOT for 8 yr olds :/
(Oh and before I forget, old movies from the 80's and back like Blues Brothers were usually heavily rated on. For example Pretty Women was rated R, and although I've only seen the TV edit, doesn't seem like an 'R' rating).
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Sai » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:06 pm

Ok, Thanks Tenshi no Ai. I'm homeschooled so I don't know tons of kids my own age. But the ones I do know watched/ watch R movies.
"Bother"
Sai

Postby MomoAdachi » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:03 pm

Favorites-Alice In Wonderland(Disney), The Blue Bird(1940), Flower Drum Song, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, The Little Mermaid(Disney), Beauty And The Beast(Disney), Anastasia(Fox animated feature), Princess Diaries 1 and 2, Pixel Perfect(Disney Channel Original Movie)

Least Favorites-Dude, Where's My Car, Johnny Guitar, The Black Cauldron, Shrek 1 and 2, Robots, Shark Tale, Saving Silverman, Kingdom Of Heaven, Idle Hands
Non-Christian Anti-Hentai Grrl
#1 Dubbed Sailor Moon Fan!
#1 Peach Girl Fan!

98% of the teenage population does or have tried smoking pot. If you are one of the 2% who haven't, copy or paste this in your signature.
MomoAdachi

Postby TallHobbit86 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:59 pm

Top Ten Favorite Movies:
1. Lord of the Rings Trilogy
2. Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe
3. The Patriot
4. First Knight
5. The Last Crusade
6. The Raiders of the Lost Ark
7. Spider-Man
8. Spider-Man 2
9. Signs
10.The Mask of Zorro
King Moonracer: Don't tell me I need a root canal. This is a secret message... XD
Hermey the Elf, D.D.S: You need a root canal. Secret Bumping Club Member #9
King Moonracer: I asked you not to tell me that. geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html
TallHobbit86

Postby MPX42 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:24 pm

MomoAdachi wrote:Favorites-Alice In Wonderland(Disney), The Blue Bird(1940), Flower Drum Song, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, The Little Mermaid(Disney), Beauty And The Beast(Disney), Anastasia(Fox animated feature), Princess Diaries 1 and 2, Pixel Perfect(Disney Channel Original Movie)

Least Favorites-Dude, Where's My Car, Johnny Guitar, The Black Cauldron, Shrek 1 and 2, Robots, Shark Tale, Saving Silverman, Kingdom Of Heaven, Idle Hands
Robots was...Okay.I liked Shrek 2 a lot,because of how many shows and movies it spoofed. :lol:

Back on topic:

Favorite Movie:The Chonicles of Narnia:The Lion,The Witch,and The Wardrobe

Why:In my opinion,it was VERY accurate to the book,and was even better than the book,and the animation was very good,and the casting was done brillantly.

Least Favorite:Doogal

Why:*sigh*It just wasen't my thing BIG TIME,that's all I'll say.
The following post has been MPX42's two cents.Strangly,after every single post he does,he gives two cents to random people. :hits_self

It's reported that 98% of the population has been roundhouse kicked by Chuck Norris at least once in their lives.If you're among the 2% that haven't,copy and paste this in your sig.
MPX42

Postby Ichigo_89 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:57 pm

hmm, top 10 movies. (dunno if I could choose an order, but...)

1.LOTR trilogy
2.The Matrix
3.The Last Samurai
4.Cowboy Bebop:Knockin On Heaven's Door
5.Ghost in the Shell 2:Innocence
6.FFVII:AC
7.Vampire Hunter D:Bloodlust
8.Jin-Roh
9.Shaolin Soccer
10.Star Wars Trilogy
Ichigo_89

Return to General Entertainment