Anyone Else Willing To Admit They Like 'Totally Spies'?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Anyone Else Willing To Admit They Like 'Totally Spies'?

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:41 pm

Ok,am I the only one on here who is willing to admit that they:
A)actually watches Totally Spies on Miguzi
B)actually likes the show?
For those who are unaware,Totally Spies is a cartoon spoof of all those old
spy movies/tv shows of the past.The catch is that the three main characters are typical teenaged girls who fit their spying in between going to school,shopping and the B word:Boys.
The three are:Samantha aka Sam,the red headed ubergenius of the trio.
Clover,the blonde artist/boycraziest of the trio.
Alex,the brunette athelete of the trio.
The episodes are all really rather of the over the top villian wants to take over the world or get even with his or her ex or some such silly idea,but rather fun to watch.Some of them are admitedly a bit more ridiculous than others.For example on one recent episode Alex and Sam had to stop Clover and some other cheerleaders from breaking an Evil Cheer Queen from prison. :lol:
If you like cartoons that are more serious this aint for you,but if you love a good spy spoof... :thumb:
mitsuki lover

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:45 pm

Yes.... I like totally spies

I'm guilty as charged!
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby beau99 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:58 pm

Yes.

I like anything that makes fun of Charlie's Angels.
beau99

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:15 pm

I DOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I don't get to watch them as much anymore...but I really really liked it when they had Alex's voice as Jennifer darling (AKA Connie from Adventures in Odysey) (at least she sounds A LOT like her)

I have work half of the week though so I can't watch the new epis..-.-

Does anyone else love how they have the exact same hair as the powerpuff girls and the same personalities almost?

Alex: the Tomboy/athletic person.(Same as Buttercup)
Clover: The artistic/boy crazy person. (almost same as Bubbles if she were old enough to like boys, but she loves to "COLOR and DRAW"
Sam: the Smartest of the bunch (aka Blossom)
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Tommy » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:22 pm

I know this may be spam but I really dispise it.

It was okay when I was little though.

And beau99 are you sure about that comment? Go play Final Fantasy X-2 and we`ll talk. XD
Tommy

Postby meboeck » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:48 pm

That show is hysterical! I love how it's so totally over the top. The overdone character interaction is simply hilarious. It's like Clueless meets Charlie's Angels.
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby MomoAdachi » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:57 pm

I looooove Totally Spies! My fave character is Sam. It's cute and funny, and the animation rocks. I love how colorful it is! Besides, I loved both Clueless AND Charlie's Angels, it's right up my alley.
Non-Christian Anti-Hentai Grrl
#1 Dubbed Sailor Moon Fan!
#1 Peach Girl Fan!

98% of the teenage population does or have tried smoking pot. If you are one of the 2% who haven't, copy or paste this in your signature.
MomoAdachi

Postby FadedOne » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:04 pm

Haha, I used to watch Totally spies when I had access to cable. Glad i'm not alone. I dont know why, but the show makes me laugh. Something about the undercurrent of sarcasm regarding teen-heroes. Good stuff!
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.
~~~~~~
At the heart of mature [color=DarkOrchid]femininity
is a freeing disposition to affirm, receive and nuture strength and leadership from worthy men in ways appropriate to a woman's differing relationships.

At the heart of mature masculinity is a sense of benevolent responsibility to lead, provide for and protect women in ways appropriate to a man's differing relationships.[/color]

~~~~
Disclaimer: The comments of Lara, both on forum and chat, are random, unusual, and often sarcastic. Read with a pillar of salt. Thanks. :thumb:
FadedOne

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:52 pm

Yeah,I agree,I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes it.Did anyone else see the ep. where Alex gets turned into a half-Dolphin girl?Though I think one of the funniest ones was the one where Jerry is tricked into thinking he's going to be a movie star in a new James Bond type movie called 0067.Then any ep. where Mandy's featured is totally hilarious as well.
mitsuki lover

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:00 pm

And beau99 are you sure about that comment? Go play Final Fantasy X-2 and we`ll talk. XD

i liked FFX-2 even tho the chars. could wear alot more. And totally spies does have alot of good clean funny moments
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Doe Johnson » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:03 pm

*raises hand* Me!!! (...you can admit to anything after admiting to PGSM...)
The #1 Fan of mastersquirrel's Voice!

In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri. - Douglas Adams
I smell cinnamon roll-y!!

You fight like a dairy farmer!
The Giver of Quality Hugs
I felt a great bump in the Thread, as if millions of posts suddenly bumped in terror and were suddenly silenced.

No - My birthday isn't really on the Ides of March, but that is the fake date I use everywhere on the Internet.
Adopted: ishy

the cc is special ground, cc's provide protection to all who seek shelter there, no violence can be done in a cower corner - it is known
Doe Johnson

Postby ashfire » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:11 pm

I have enjoyed watching the show with the first serson and haven't really gotten to see it in awhile except for one of the new ones this last Sat afternoon where the girls and other people in a mall were hit with a ray that would change their clothes and ideas back to the 80s.
ashfire

Postby Joshua Christopher » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:41 pm

Yes. Want to know why?

Joshua Christopher

Postby Puguni » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:42 pm

It's ok. At least it has consistent clean art, compared to...the Winx Club. *shudders*
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby MorwenLaicoriel » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:55 pm

ChristianRonin wrote:....

I DOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I don't get to watch them as much anymore...but I really really liked it when they had Alex's voice as Jennifer darling (AKA Connie from Adventures in Odysey) (at least she sounds A LOT like her)

I'm pretty sure it was her. It sounded JUST like her, and if I remember right I did some research and found out it was her.

Actually, the fact that I recongized it as "IT'S CONNIE!!" was part of the reason I started watching the show in the first place. Hearing that familiar voice helped make it really enjoyable for me.

But now that she was replaced by that HORRIBLE bleed-your-ears-squeeky voice (whether she quit or was fired, I don't know), I've struggled to enjoy the show. I still like Jennifer Hale (the voice of Sam), but the voices they changed changed the voice acting from 'consistantly good' to 'well, there's a few gems in there'. They really messed up. >>

Still a decent show, though, it was just easier for me to watch before.
MorwenLaicoriel

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:48 pm

I haven't noticed any VA change.Then again lately they have the end credits so small that it's hard to read them.
mitsuki lover

Postby MorwenLaicoriel » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:42 am

Nope...there was a change. IMDB lists it as
Katie Leigh is listed as the voice for Alex from 2001-2003
Katie Griffin is listed as Alex in 2004

Both actresses have seperate cast listings that go back at least ten years, so I don't think she got married, or anything.

Katie Leigh's wikipedia entry also mentions Connie from AIO. ^^ here's her official website: http://www.katieleigh.com/

There's even less info about Katie Griffin on Wikipedia, unfortunantly. ^^; all it mentions is that she's done Alex and Sailor Mars. Her official website appears to be more about music, as well.
MorwenLaicoriel

Postby everdred12a » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:38 am

*Raises hand* I honestly have no idea why I like this show. I'm a 20 year old guy watching a cartoon about valley girls that is designed for 10 year old girls. Weird.

Joshua Christopher wrote:Yes. Want to know why?

I REMEMBER THAT! I laughed pretty hard. Just like how Natsume spelled their own name wrong on the title screen of HM64. (I know that was a little off topic, but it was funny too...)

I will also admit to adding the word 'much' to the end of some of my sentences, much in the same way Clover does. 'Cuz that's where I got it from ^_^ lol much?

everdred12a

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:01 pm

I think one of the reasons is that if you pay close attention you might note they infuse a lot of episodes with references to things such as The Island of Doctor Moreau(the ep. where the Spies discover an insane fashion designer who is turning people into animals to use in her latest fashions),The Stepford Wives(the one with the gated community where all the teens act like zombies),Back to the Future(the
one where they accidentally time travel to 2025 and find Mandy is a mega-star),etc.
mitsuki lover

Postby everdred12a » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:28 pm

I think I missed the Back to the Future one. I want to find a complete DVD set on ebay and buy it, because I'm never watching tv when it comes on anymore : (

everdred12a

Postby creed4 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:42 pm

I like it, It funny to see those take on old horror flims and stuff

Not as fun as Martin Mystery.
Tis No Fool to lose what he can not keep to gain what he can never lose.
What does it profit a man to gain the World yet lose his soul.
Choose Life that you Might live.
creed4

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:45 pm

I like them, but it's kinda annoying how they changed Alex's voice and made it Rei's from Sailor Moon.
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:53 pm

I liked this series when I had time to watch it.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby everdred12a » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:08 pm

mechana2015 wrote:I liked this series when I had time to watch it.

Exactly. I still want to watch it, but I always forget to :(

everdred12a

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:48 pm

everdred12a wrote:I REMEMBER THAT! I laughed pretty hard. Just like how Natsume spelled their own name wrong on the title screen of HM64. (I know that was a little off topic, but it was funny too...)

"Natume" XD But that wasn't intentional ;)
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:06 pm

*raises hand* I'll usually watch it when it's on.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby everdred12a » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:16 pm

[quote="Mr. SmartyPants"]"Natume" XD But that wasn't intentional ]

Still good for a laugh, though ^_^

everdred12a

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:37 pm

I watch it when I'm home. My niece would always make me pick who I wanted to be. Of course we both wanted to be Sam, but I settled for Clover. Besides, I think I'm nore like her anyways (lol).
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby termyt » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:09 pm

I, too, am willing to admit it.
I was a big Alex fan, but my fandom took a hit when her voice changed. I still like it, just not as much. The new voice began to grow me, too, though.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon May 01, 2006 4:15 pm

I'm a Sam fan myself.
mitsuki lover

Next

Return to General Entertainment