American Idol Season 5

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby meboeck » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:47 am

I totally agree with what you have all been saying. I'm glas Ace is gone, but now I think it's Eliot's turn. And I was definitely annoyed that Chris and Paris were in the bottom three. They are two of my favorites. Some of you may disagree with me on this, but Kelly is also in my top three. I think she is actually a lot different from Carrie. Her style tends to have a lot more punch. Except for this past week, which is why she didn't do very well. I was kind of surprised to see her not in the bottom three, but she did do something I don't think anyone else has done this late in the show: She admitted blatently that she had not done well. Usually by this point people are getting so pumped up they think they can take on anything. So people may feel that Kelly is a bit more relatable. That's just a guess though.
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby Kawaiikneko » Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:24 am

O_O Chris and Paris were in the bottom three?! WHAT?! i don't watch the results show, I just find out who went after its over....

Elliot needs to go... his personality and style is just kinda -blah-.... and Taylor is cool, but I really can't see him being American Idol

btw, did you guys know that Mandisa is a singer with the band that does praise and worship at Beth Moore's bible study conferences?
Kawaiikneko

Postby meboeck » Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:42 am

Kawaiikneko wrote:btw, did you guys know that Mandisa is a singer with the band that does praise and worship at Beth Moore's bible study conferences?

Whoa, that's awesome!

[/color]
meboeck

Postby MPX42 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:41 pm

Kawaiikneko wrote:[spoiler]ACE!!![/spoiler]

*praises God* I'm SO glad he's gone~ He just annoyed me sooo much...

Tried to look like a pretty boy and couldn't even pull that off.

I want Chris to win. My second choice would be Paris, but I'd be sorely disappointed if Chris doesn't win. He should have an album already.
At least it wasn't Taylor. :brow:
The following post has been MPX42's two cents.Strangly,after every single post he does,he gives two cents to random people. :hits_self

It's reported that 98% of the population has been roundhouse kicked by Chuck Norris at least once in their lives.If you're among the 2% that haven't,copy and paste this in your sig.
MPX42

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:51 pm

I was thinking... Taylor's a cool guy and all but to be THE idol is a hard thing to picture... I think if he had his own show that would be amusing. There's already a million talk shows but... I dunno, something^^
Tenshi no Ai

Postby MomoAdachi » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:29 pm

I had cheered for Mandisa and was sooooo disappointed when she was voted off. I thought she was a great singer, beautiful, and a really nice and cool person. I actually enjoyed her performance of Shania Twain's "Any Man Of Mine". Right now, I'm cheering for Kellie. I think she's sweet; she reminds me of Sandra Dee's character Tammy Tyree in "Tammy Tell Me True" and "Tammy And The Doctor". Whether or not she's our Idol, she should SO do a "Tammy" remake!
Non-Christian Anti-Hentai Grrl
#1 Dubbed Sailor Moon Fan!
#1 Peach Girl Fan!

98% of the teenage population does or have tried smoking pot. If you are one of the 2% who haven't, copy or paste this in your signature.
MomoAdachi

Postby Yumie » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:13 pm

Kawaiikneko wrote:btw, did you guys know that Mandisa is a singer with the band that does praise and worship at Beth Moore's bible study conferences?

. . . WAAAAH?!?!?! I. . . THINK. . . I. . . SAW HER! No way! I've been to one of Beth's studies before, and there *was* a black woman there, I'm just trying to picture her face. . . but I really think it may have been her! That'd be so cool!

BTW, about tonight-- did anyone else feel like Kellie has kind of started giving up? Like, she just seems like she knows she's not quite as good as everyone else, so why even bother. Which is disappointing, because she *is* good, and she needs to let people see that or she'll go home.
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Yumie

Postby meboeck » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:22 pm

I think Kellie is having issues with the slow songs. She tends to be best at upbeat songs or at least songs with a lot of power and emotion, and she hasn't been picking those songs. She has been picking songs with a big potential to be boring, and she has been living down to that potential. It seems that she has totally lost or given up her ability to pick the right songs. Paris and Chris, on the other hand, were amazing. I thought they were the best tonight.

[/color]
meboeck

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:30 pm

I thought it was a pretty good show (despite the fact I'm not the hugest slow song fan, which tonight was full of!)

I thought it was werid about Kat's comment about trying to "be better than she really is" and "all trying to be like Whitney Housten" and all :/ I thought that was an amazing performance! I believe she just may be this year's idol...
Tenshi no Ai

Postby MPX42 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:55 pm

BTW,who got kicked out this week?
The following post has been MPX42's two cents.Strangly,after every single post he does,he gives two cents to random people. :hits_self

It's reported that 98% of the population has been roundhouse kicked by Chuck Norris at least once in their lives.If you're among the 2% that haven't,copy and paste this in your sig.
MPX42

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:01 pm

MPX42 wrote:BTW,who got kicked out this week?

[spoiler] Kelly did [/spoiler]

Totally not surprised, more surprised that "that person" didn't get to sing a song at the end but instead given 40 seconds of thank-yous :/ So it wasn't announced either what next week's theme would be :/
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Mega.EXE » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:08 pm

i lost interest at the end of the last season
Mega.EXE

Postby MomoAdachi » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:21 pm

I was so bummed when Kellie Pickler got voted off yesterday! :( I guess I'll be cheering for Paris from now on...
Non-Christian Anti-Hentai Grrl
#1 Dubbed Sailor Moon Fan!
#1 Peach Girl Fan!

98% of the teenage population does or have tried smoking pot. If you are one of the 2% who haven't, copy or paste this in your signature.
MomoAdachi

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Thu May 04, 2006 11:52 am

...anyone else surprised that [spoiler] Paris [/spoiler] got kicked off last night? I know I was!
Tenshi no Ai

Postby ZiP » Thu May 04, 2006 11:53 am

Not really. (s)he's good, but IMO not as good as any of the others.
--To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby Kawaiikneko » Wed May 10, 2006 6:32 pm

My word.... I want to believe my mom is lying to me. no freaking WAY!!

[spoiler]CHRIS?! What the HECK!? He's the best one, the ONLY one I could possibly imagine getting a record without American Idol to boost him up. He has an amazing stage presence and knows how to use the stage well and... argh! O__O; *rant*[/spoiler]

Well that's it.. I'm not watching this season anymore. I don't care about any of the others.
Kawaiikneko

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Wed May 10, 2006 6:36 pm

Kawaiikneko wrote:My word.... I want to believe my mom is lying to me. no freaking WAY!!

[spoiler]CHRIS?! What the HECK!? He's the best one, the ONLY one I could possibly imagine getting a record without American Idol to boost him up. He has an amazing stage presence and knows how to use the stage well and... argh! O__O]

Well that's it.. I'm not watching this season anymore. I don't care about any of the others.

THE HECK?! (Rather look at the topic than wait a couple hrs for the actual show to come on... impatience)

Wh-WHY?! Bu-but.... v_v The Person was awsome though!!!!
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Linksquest » Wed May 10, 2006 6:59 pm

Right now I think it is down to who will outshine the others, as IMHO they all are very talented and will have bright futures in the Music Industry.
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Postby Lady Arianrod » Fri May 12, 2006 8:51 pm

I agree- they're all very talented. This is a very exciting season, but I really don't know who will win...
~Life is the art of drawing without an eraser~

Lady Arianrod, lover of nature and fire.

Hello there! I'm back after a long break! I started watching anime again in 2016. I still check the forum too!

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33
Lady Arianrod

Postby KBMaster » Sat May 13, 2006 5:42 am

The reason I started watching this season got kicked off last week. No more. now, they're doing the same idols over and over. We either have a pop artist or an R&B artist. And [SPOILER]Chris[/SPOILER] was the best out of all of them. *sigh* Guess I'm not watching next season either...
KBMaster

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Wed May 17, 2006 9:58 pm

So

[spoiler] Elliot [/spoiler]

got kicked off tonight. Not surprised^^ Never a fan of that person's singing really and honestly thought they were going home a few weeks ago^^ Certain not like last week's choice v_v But did anyone see JUST how close the percentage was for the votes this week?! INSANE close! Sort of obvious of who the 3 people were in order though^^
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Linksquest » Thu May 18, 2006 1:33 pm

Who are you all hoping to win in the following week?! I'm sorta divided because I think they both will have good careers down the road and they are both good for their own reasons.
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.

Linksquest

Postby Linksquest » Tue May 23, 2006 5:01 pm

AHhh! It's starting now! haha. I'll post who I think should win after tonight's show is over!
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

Linksquest

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue May 23, 2006 5:26 pm

Linksquest wrote:I'll post who I think should win after tonight's show is over!

Oh so I take it tomorrow night is THE final show?
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Linksquest » Tue May 23, 2006 6:03 pm

Tenshi no Ai wrote:Oh so I take it tomorrow night is THE final show?

Yes, I believe so!!! XDD!

I think Taylor Hicks will win it... hands down! That last song he sang was... incredible!
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

Linksquest

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue May 23, 2006 8:33 pm

I thought Catherine sounded better tonight, but Taylor's original song was better. So yeah, Catherine's song writter killed her chances of winning, IMHO.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Wed May 24, 2006 9:56 pm

That David Hoover... seriously what IS he on? Creepy enough when they showed them old clips and he sung with his eyes rolled at the back of his head *shudders*... someone better one of those white jackets that strap your arms behind your back... or just call an exercist^^

Hmmm I wonder if the Rhonetta thing was real or not too :/

:lol: with the winner of the Best Impersonation award [spoiler] Heh he looked funny when he sang Clay Aiken's song and looked like he was REALLY straining his face! And I didn't even RECOGNIZE Clay when he cam eout in stage! Wasn't a fan of him before but with his hair all different and stuff... somewhat of a looker now^^ Heh then they turned off the other dude's mic while he was singing and basically told him to step out of the limelight... [/spoiler]

Hmm I wonder what the point of [spoiler] Prince [/spoiler] singing near the end of the show? Usualy the idols SANG with stars but it was just his own little show :/ To waste a few minutes before the presenting the winner maybe?

And wouldn't you know who won? [spoiler] TAYLOR!!! [/spoiler] I was 50/50 split on this one, but every year it's always the most "unsuspecting" person so it seems on the show (heh cause I wanted Kelly and Ruben to win cause I was sick of fangirls and their Justin Gurinis and Clay Aikens :/ Only reason why and they did!). Well I'm somehow not suprised... funny how for the 1st and this season my step dad picked the winning person since day 1.
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Linksquest » Wed May 24, 2006 10:30 pm

Tenshi no Ai wrote: Well I'm somehow not suprised... funny how for the 1st and this season my step dad picked the winning person since day 1.

Are you serious? That's crazy!!!

Oh... and I hate to say this but: [SPOILER] I TOLD you Taylor would win! XDDD [/SPOILER]
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

Linksquest

Postby christianfriend » Wed May 24, 2006 10:44 pm

[SPOILER] I knew Taylor would win!!! ^_^ I love that guy![/SPOILER]
[font="Lucida Console"][align=center]“The [color="Magenta"]best[/color] kind of [color="Magenta"]friend[/color] is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.â€
christianfriend

Postby Ingemar » Wed May 24, 2006 11:05 pm

[spoiler]I was hoping he would win, what with all the media grooming up McPhee to be the next idol. Like I say, don't count your chickens before they hatch.

I have a feeling that he will get shafted a la Ruben Studdard, as in although technically the winner, he will have the limelight stolen from him from the runner up. Man, I just want to punch Clay Aiken in the face right now.[/spoiler]
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment