Someone clear up this Final Fantasy 7: AC deal for me....

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:56 pm

Godly Paladin wrote:My question is this: can you watch it with little or no knowledge about the FF universe and still enjoy it? I've never cared or even tried the FF series (so sue me...), but the CG looks impressive and I might rent it if I can get into it without having to play the game.

Possibly... but with some stuff that happens in it, being a sequel in all, it might be hard to understand what's going on. Especially for someone that doesn't know much about FF altogether :/
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Maledicte » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:06 pm

Or you can just watch it for the pretty pictures.
Maledicte

Postby Souba » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:31 pm

Here are some of the english clips at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcXklWZEsFs ooh but I really dislike Aeris. :(
God Bless,
Souba
@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~

[color="RoyalBlue"]We are not saved by the Law, but by Grace[/color]

@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
Souba

Location: Second star to the right and straight on until morning!

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:08 pm

Souba wrote:ooh but I really dislike Aeris. :(

Yeah... she could have better better... the other characters weren't too bad (surprised they didn't mess up Sephiroth or anything). Although Cloud doesn't say too much, I'm worried about his voice, really :/ I'll still watch it through at least once in english though, just to see how well the others were done.
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Godly Paladin » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:13 pm

Another FF noob question...how are FF X and FF X-2 related? I assume one is the sequel to the other, right?
ImageImage
Godly Paladin

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:00 pm

THat's right.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Tommy » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:56 am

Godly Paladin wrote:Another FF noob question...how are FF X and FF X-2 related? I assume one is the sequel to the other, right?

Irrelevant, but I`ll take it.

As Shoa mentioned before, yes, you are correct but X-2 ruins X even though X-2 is fun. Of ocurse there are alot of crappy minigames in X-2, but....

Just read the review, it pains me to explain it.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:46 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:
Can you give me examples of people that Steve Blum plays?

EDIT: OTHER than Cowboy Bebop.

Shishio in Rurouni Kenshin
Kazuma in s-CRY-ed
Mugen in Samurai Champloo
The Laughing Man in Ghost in the Shell

Souba wrote:ooh but I really dislike Aeris.

Hahaha, me too!! She definitely wasn't one of my favorites, and she was way too flirty. Cloud and Tifa. That is all. :lol:
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Godly Paladin » Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:08 pm

He is also Tom from the Toonami show - the robot guy, remember?
ImageImage
Godly Paladin

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:30 pm

Godly Paladin wrote:My question is this: can you watch it with little or no knowledge about the FF universe and still enjoy it? I've never cared or even tried the FF series (so sue me...), but the CG looks impressive and I might rent it if I can get into it without having to play the game.

I would say that you can enjoy the movie (most of it is just action, and that doesn't even have to be in English or subtitled to make sense) but you really don't have a chance of understanding what little plot there is. They give a summary at the beginning that helps some, but to truly understand some aspects you need a better knowledge of the game. That, however, likely won't hinder your enjoyment if you're just looking for an impressive action film.

Godly Paladin wrote:Another FF noob question...how are FF X and FF X-2 related? I assume one is the sequel to the other, right?

In case you wanted a bit more information: X2 is set in the same world as X some time in the future. It contains some of the same characters and some new ones. My biggest problem with it is that it isn't a continuation of X - it introduces entirely new elements that were completely unmentioned in the first game. Thus it is much more obvious that it was made to earn money. Seeing the world changing due to the first game is interesting, however.
uc pseudonym

Postby Tommy » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:11 pm

Just saw a commercial for it.

It`s out Tuesday.
Tommy

Postby Tommy » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:43 pm

If the release date is April 25th then will I have to wait to the 26th to pick it up?
Tommy

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:37 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:If the release date is April 25th then will I have to wait to the 26th to pick it up?

Eh? How would that make sense? New movies always come out on tuesdays for whatever reason and if it says it's coming out that day, it is :/ Comes out tomorrow, plain and simple.
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Puritan » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:02 pm

My copy's in the mail! Only a couple days until I get to watch (finally). Yay!
"...cease not a day from this work; be killing sin or it will be killing you." - John Owen The Mortification of Sin
Puritan

Postby MorwenLaicoriel » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:00 am

Tenshi no Ai wrote:Eh? How would that make sense? New movies always come out on tuesdays for whatever reason and if it says it's coming out that day, it is :/ Comes out tomorrow, plain and simple.

Actually, the confusion is understandable. With video games, the release date is the date the games are shipped out--normally they don't reach stores until a day later (for specialty stores) or longer (for stores like Target). I know that, as a gamer, I always get confused on the release dates for other things as well.
MorwenLaicoriel

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:39 pm

There are a few people around campus who may have already bought a copy, provided that they have a source close enough. I am uncertain at what locations it is being sold. In any case, if any of them did purchase it, I'll probably see it before today is done and then report tomorrow.
uc pseudonym

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:13 pm

Huzzah i bought it today and i have watched for my 5th time (only once today but i had seen it before) The America VA's did a decent job
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:15 pm

As expected for the english dub.

It would of been awesome if Mr. T could of voiced as Barret...
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:07 pm

I have a question bout the game...

So the extra "Reminiscience of FF7" is really good (especially for people who've never played the game) cause it uses Japanese clips from the game to tell the story^^ Very nice^^ But question: it shows the scene that was shown in Last Order of Zack and Cloud in a truck excaping to Midgar and Zack's pulled out and shot... I don't remember EVER seeing that part in the game^^ Last Order, yes. Although I do know in the game you CAN bypass certain scenes and all (played part fo the game once, and never ever got to do the dating thing at Gold Saucer!) Of course I didn't beat everything in the game/go EVERYWHERE and all, so I take it it's one of those extras?
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Puritan » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:24 pm

I think that this happened in a cut scene that you saw on an optional side-quest (if I remember correctly). I believe I remember that happening, though.
"...cease not a day from this work; be killing sin or it will be killing you." - John Owen The Mortification of Sin
Puritan

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:27 pm

Puritan wrote:I think that this happened in a cut scene that you saw on an optional side-quest (if I remember correctly).

That's what I'm guessing. Oy now that I think about it if you never did find Vincent as a secret character, all the important stuff missed out there (Yuffie... not so much^^ Just miss out on Wutai)
Tenshi no Ai

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:09 pm

I didn't technically view it because I ended up being too busy, but I did watch some select parts just to hear how things sounded. No real comments about the dub as of yet.

However, I must say I was disappointed in the "deleted scenes." I expected one or two minor bits of dialogue and at best part of a fight sequence that got cut, but nothing there was impressive. For that matter, I think I'd seen many of them before (the fighting ones, mostly). Are those parts actually cut from the English version? I'll be slightly annoyed if they actually cut all of that from the forest battle.
uc pseudonym

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:02 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:However, I must say I was disappointed in the "deleted scenes." I expected one or two minor bits of dialogue and at best part of a fight sequence that got cut, but nothing there was impressive. For that matter, I think I'd seen many of them before (the fighting ones, mostly). Are those parts actually cut from the English version? I'll be slightly annoyed if they actually cut all of that from the forest battle.

Yeah the "deleted scenes" were :/ Think they were only VERY minor details like a bit of dialgue change, if anything I noticed.

About the dub though... after watching more than just those Youtube clips, I really enjoyed it^^ Pretty good dub... fitting voices and stuff. Find it amusing with the various accents :/

Cid - "redneckish" (I saw that cause it's a southernish voice, but PERFECT for a guy like him who flies planes"

Red XIII/Nanaki - englishy (well he IS a genious, so guess it works^^)

Cait Sith - ...Scotish/Irish?! (...sort of an odd thing to hear... verrry odd :/ But since he's the "fun" character and the tone of his voice and all... still very odd!)
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Destroyer2000 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:55 am

I got the movie yesterday; I loved it. The best I've seen in a long time. The only person whose voice didn't seem right was Red XIII. Vincent was fine. Cloud was fine. And Cid acted like that in the game, as well.

BTW, DON'T refer to people from the south as rednecks. That's just stereotypical ignorance.
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:11 am

Destroyer2000 wrote:
BTW, DON'T refer to people from the south as rednecks. That's just stereotypical ignorance.

It all goes back to this time my friends and I made a movie on how stereotyping is wrong in class, but with a comedic manner^^ Even us Canadians have our own form called "creekers" so not like I meant anything from it^^ I see your from the south and yeah, besides not like we don't get stereotyped back up here as well in a comedic matter, so sorry for the offense anyhow^^

Anyways back to the topic...
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Puritan » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:40 am

I saw it yesterday, and I was a bit dissapointed. Perhaps the dub was better, but the subtitles were pretty confusing (even for me, and I've played through FFVII a couple times). The graphics were great and the action sequences were really good, but I found the story hard to follow because the dialog and action seemed fragmented, like the writers were trying to cram too many ideas into an hour and a half. Anyone else get this impression?
Puritan

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:53 am

Puritan wrote:I saw it yesterday, and I was a bit dissapointed. Perhaps the dub was better, but the subtitles were pretty confusing (even for me, and I've played through FFVII a couple times). The graphics were great and the action sequences were really good, but I found the story hard to follow because the dialog and action seemed fragmented, like the writers were trying to cram too many ideas into an hour and a half. Anyone else get this impression?

Yeah it really does seem like one of those series that SHOULD have been longer. I'm sure they could've easily added another hour onto it and it would've been fine. The story was odd at first, but the second time around made... more sense and easier to follow.
Tenshi no Ai

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:16 am

wow i didn't think the plot was very confusing i just kinda watched it for the fight scenes anyways.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Nate » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:24 pm

Destroyer2000 wrote:The only person whose voice didn't seem right was Red XIII.

He seemed fine to me, since if you remember from the game, he is still a child. He only got one line anyway. XD *remembers Monty Python* "This is my only line."

Cait Sith didn't sound right...an Irish accent? C'mon...wasn't even a good one, at that.

As for the plot, I agree with others on this thread. The movie jumped around too much, and parts of it just seemed like there had been a scene missing. I understood what was going on completely, but the way they told it, was not very good.

I expected more from the Deleted Scenes as well. It seemed to me it was just minor dialogue changes and the like. I was disappointed by it.

The preview of the upcoming games was good, some really nice shots of Dirge of Cerberus, and some decent ones of Before Crisis. However, they didn't have much for Crisis Core except scenes from Last Order. Also, did they mistakenly put an Advent Children trailer in the game section, or are they actually going to make an Advent Children game? I'm pretty sure it's the former, but considering how many other AC trailers there were...that was a gross oversight.

And I'm done nitpicking. XD

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Link Antilles » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:18 pm

I finally got my DVD in today and watched the English version. I think the best way to describe it is to say it's just a really fun movie. So, yeah, I really got a kick out of the movie. Sure, the voice acting wasn't perfect, but, for me, it (along with the incredible animation) really gave the whole crew more personality.

My thoughts on the plot: It all felt like a side quest kind of thing. Therefore, I really didn't care too much to dig into the plot and the way it was told. Not necessarily a bad thing, because it was a cool enough excuse to see all of the characters again and have some amazing fights.

I give it a 9.0/10.0. It was, overall, a nice treat from Square. Kinda' like the Clone Wars cartoons for Star Wars, but more awesome.
Link Antilles

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment