Macgyver

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Macgyver

Postby Felix » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:57 pm

*siiigh* It's shameful really, that there hasn't been a thread about this yet. I know it's an old show... but it's still cool! Does anybody els elike Macgyver? It remains one o fmy favorite shows of all time. I even think Macgyver might be able to give Chuck Norris a run for his money... maybe..... ish. Well whatever, it's still cool!
Felix

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:08 pm

I loved it back when it was on tv, but can't remember much of it now. He was the man of mullet and marvellous inventions made from many a paperclip and rubberband. (lol)
I haven't seen them in a while though. I was 8 when it was screened here.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Lynx » Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:16 pm

isnt that what marge's sisters watch all the time on the simpsons?
In my heart's sequestered chambers
Lie truths stripped of poet's gloss...
Lynx

Postby Anime Dad » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:41 am

LOL yes I think it is. I liked the show a lot, my son (now 15) loved it too :)
Anime Dad

Location: Australia.... BTW i'm not really a dwarf with a bushy beard and a helmety thing.....

Postby Mithrandir » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:59 am

This is quite possibly my favorite show of all time. I think I ended up seeing just about every episode, honestly. I even had the MacGuyver answering machine message on my phone at one time.

"This is Mac. We all know how these work, so when you hear the beep, go for it."
Mithrandir

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:56 pm

:thumb:
Have you seen the new American Express commercials(I think it's American Express)where they do the spoof on McGyver?
btw:In the pilot of Stargate SG1 when Sam's talking to Jack she tells him that they had a problem getting the Stargate operating properly so they had to 'McGyver' it together. :lol:
mitsuki lover

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:02 pm

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:He was the man of mullet and marvellous inventions made from many a paperclip and rubberband. (lol)

Oh so THAT'S where Family Guy got that from... can't remember what happened but I remember something about doing something with a few odd items like that.

And yeah it was the show that Patty and Selma always watch... I didn't even know it was a real show until later on^^
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Felix » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:57 pm

Mithrandir gets a wheelbarrow full of cool points for the message machine alone. :D
Felix

Postby creed4 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:17 pm

Macguyer, I love that show
Tis No Fool to lose what he can not keep to gain what he can never lose.
What does it profit a man to gain the World yet lose his soul.
Choose Life that you Might live.
creed4

Postby EireWolf » Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:28 pm

Ah, yes, MacGyver. He was my childhood hero. He made mullets look stylish, and made geeks look really cool (and in the latter case... they are). :)
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
[indent]~~Gandalf, in Fellowship of the Ring[/indent]
EireWolf

Postby Mithrandir » Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:43 pm

Felix wrote:Mithrandir gets a wheelbarrow full of cool points for the message machine alone. :D

*takes the wheelbarrow*

*realizes he has never been "cool" and therefor doesn't know how to act*
Mithrandir

Postby Felix » Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:15 pm

*pat pat* It's ok, Mithy. All fledglings will get their wings eventually... well unless they get eaten by a snake.... or any of the other bucketloads of natural predators... hmm, maybe you won't be that well off. Ah well. It was nice knowing you.
Felix

Postby Esoteric » Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:39 pm

Macgyver! Used to be a huge fan. Had EVERY episode on tape...it took like fifty tapes!! Sadly, the collection is no more however...I recyced most of those tapes for anime shows... :sweat: <prepares to be pelted by tomatos from loyal fans>
Esoteric

Postby Felix » Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:45 pm

Aw. Well yeah there's like 6 or 7 season of the show. Maybe more. There's 6 of them out on DVD. I want them *_*
Felix

Postby Tommy » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:11 am

"OH NO! The computer is broken. I must make a new one with

A) TINFOIL
B) GUM
C) A new computer!"

*connects gum to tinfoil and carefully places it on the new computer*

"IT WORKS!"
Tommy

Postby Felix » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:30 am

<.< Was that a direct attempt to be insulting to Macgyver? I shall not tolerate! *shoves you out of thread* And besides, that was more than likely a direct rip-off of Dave the Barbarian when he makes a megaphone out of a squirell, some string, and a megaphone.
Felix

Postby Yahshua » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:59 am

Woo Macgyver I love that show it is soo cool.
Yahshua

Postby Tommy » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:42 am

Felix wrote:<.< Was that a direct attempt to be insulting to Macgyver? I shall not tolerate! *shoves you out of thread* And besides, that was more than likely a direct rip-off of Dave the Barbarian when he makes a megaphone out of a squirell, some string, and a megaphone.

First of all, I have never seen Dave the Barbarian, nor do I ever want to.

Secondly, that was an attempt at me being Macgyver which I guess you could say "Indeed, I was mocking Macgyver." How can`t you? His fast-thinking is in par with Chuck Norris always arriving as the hero and the exact second the bad guy is about to shoot in Walker.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:06 pm

SG1 could have used Mac on some of their missions.
mitsuki lover

Postby Felix » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:36 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:First of all, I have never seen Dave the Barbarian, nor do I ever want to.

Secondly, that was an attempt at me being Macgyver which I guess you could say "Indeed, I was mocking Macgyver." How can`t you? His fast-thinking is in par with Chuck Norris always arriving as the hero and the exact second the bad guy is about to shoot in Walker.

Dave the Barbarian is hilarious! XD

And woah there, boy, I wasn't trying to start and argument or anything. ^^; I happen to like how Macgyver always does the right thing at the right time and is too smart for any normal human.
You see, the thread is for people who like the show, so if you don't like it (I'm not saying you do or don't, but I get the vibe that you don't) and/or you don't have something constructive to say, then there's no need to bother posting. ^^ I was just joking anyway, I'm sorry if you took it the wrong way.
Felix

Postby Mave » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:01 pm

Considering the quality of the shows we have on TV today, MacGyver was top-notch stuff during its days along with A-Team, Mission Impossible and Airwolf (I was never fond of Knight Rider for some unexplainable reason <.<).
Mave

Postby Anime Dad » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:53 pm

Mave wrote:(I was never fond of Knight Rider for some unexplainable reason <.<).

David Hasselhoff, perhaps? LOL
Anime Dad

Location: Australia.... BTW i'm not really a dwarf with a bushy beard and a helmety thing.....

Postby Mithrandir » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:06 pm

Mave wrote:Considering the quality of the shows we have on TV today, MacGyver was top-notch stuff during its days along with A-Team, Mission Impossible and Airwolf (I was never fond of Knight Rider for some unexplainable reason <.<).

Whoa. Except for the fact that I actually liked Knight Rider at the time, that's a scarily familiar list for me. :lol:
Mithrandir

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:53 pm

he would so beat out chuck norris ^_^

*grabs tooth pick, string, and a straw and makes a rocket launcher* yea he would so beat chuck norris he has a mullet !
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Tommy » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:06 am

Felix wrote:You see, the thread is for people who like the show, so if you don't like it (I'm not saying you do or don't, but I get the vibe that you don't) and/or you don't have something constructive to say, then there's no need to bother posting.

I do like it. I was just making a joke about the unrealistic elements.
You never find it comical when you see parodies of movies you love?

*Plugs off topicly for Mel Brooks to do LOTR*
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Felix » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:48 am

*throws up hands* No, I do. I'm sorry, you're right. Let's drop it now. ^^
Felix

Postby Tommy » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:00 pm

Consider it dropped.
Tommy

Postby Mave » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:50 pm

Mithrandir wrote:Whoa. Except for the fact that I actually liked Knight Rider at the time, that's a scarily familiar list for me. :lol:
:eh: Considering the fact that this list is scarily familiar to you, I suddenly have high suspicion that the OldMith is not as old as I thought. It's all your avatar's fault! Lose the white beard! XD *PMs*

I just felt Kit was more fascinating than David Hasselholf's character. Can you imagine that I used being more upset when something bad happened to the car, as opposed to the human character being injured?

Ahem.... back to to topic, Richard Dean Anderson was cool, and I mostly watched SG because of him. He's still looking pretty good after all these years. ^^

Another reason why MacGyver was great: "Using science and his wits, rather than violence, MacGyver could solve almost any problem." - online quote
Mave

Postby Mithrandir » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:57 pm

Heh heh.

I'll have to admit that I watched it more for the car than the character. Come to think of it, I felt the same way about Air Wolf. (I did watch a-team for Murdock, though).
Mithrandir

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:09 pm

Murdock is Lt.Barclay!
mitsuki lover

Next

Return to General Entertainment