Does anyone like Newsboys,Audio Adreneline, or Jars of Clay?

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Does anyone like Newsboys,Audio Adreneline, or Jars of Clay?

Postby webranger7 » Fri Jun 27, 2003 5:49 am

I'm just asking if there are some people around here that like newsboys, audio adreneline, or jars of clay? They're my three favorite bands:brow:
webranger7

Postby shooraijin » Fri Jun 27, 2003 6:45 am

I particularly enjoyed some of Newsboys' earlier stuff, like Going Public. I thought that was an excellent album, and of course with all the classics on it, who doesn't? :cool: Take Me To Your Leader is also a fav of mine.

I also have most of the Jars of Clay albums, although I wasn't as impressed with their latest one.

Myself, my all-time favourite Christian band would have to be the Waiting. I think they have some real depth to their songs (listen to "Better Off as Friends" -- a song from someone to God, saying "let's just be friends" -- very powerful).
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Gypsy » Fri Jun 27, 2003 7:55 am

Yeah, that was a really good song. Plumb also did a song along the same theme.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Ashley » Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:42 am

I heard someone mention my aussies!

Ask Shatterheart or Gypsy, and they will attest I am the absolute biggest fan of the Newsboys. I really love their older stuff, especially Step Up to the Microphone; that's a great album. I went to a concert of their's here in Houston back in January....I got seats on da floor! Man that was cool!

I like a few Audio Adrenaline songs..don't have any of their albums. Also like Jars of Clay's older stuff...especially Flood and Liquid. Those songs are incredible.
Ashley

Audio Adrenaline

Postby Spencer » Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:01 am

I like Audio Adrenaline a lot, they are probably one of my favorite Christian bands. Lift was a great album with great songs, like Ocean Floor and all that jazz.
:)
Spencer

Postby _bluerose_ » Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:55 am

I love Jars songs! They are soo cool!!! My favorite group is Third Day but I do like Newsboys (a lot!) and several AudioA songs.

I'm trying to give away some cds...btw, Ash I have your Third Day cd ready...I just got to get to the post office. ^_^
~Rose

Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isa. 40:30,31
_bluerose_

Postby Shinja » Fri Jun 27, 2003 10:10 am

im a big fan of all three bands, too bad thier later stuff hasnt been that good. i gues thier loseing touch with the youth. epecially jars of clay.
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby shooraijin » Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:55 pm

> Plumb also did a song along the same theme.

Which song was that?
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby _bluerose_ » Fri Jun 27, 2003 4:13 pm

You think they're losing touch Shinji? How so? I don't think so. I may not be the youth-e-est among us :sweat: but I'm still in the category.

I really feel that Jars' Furthermore cd (after I listened to it openly and not biased b/c of their previous achievements) hit home. I know that it's good when it makes me cry, which certain songs of theirs always does! :sniffle:
go fig, I never cried at any movie, but for a song? I think it's the meaning behind the music. And ALL of Third Day's stuff put me in a worship mood.

*stops her raving* So anyway, back to my question...
~Rose

Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isa. 40:30,31
_bluerose_

Postby Shinja » Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:10 pm

i dunno, it may be because i was a really big fan back when they were at thier highest point that makes them seam like thier out of touch. jar of clay i addmit i havent heard thier latest album but they have really changed thier style of music to a more mainstream sound. the newsboys have also changed since they lost thier original front man during the take me to your leader tour. i still like the newsboys alot and phile joels album was also cool. it just seams like as the bands get older it gets harder for me to relate to them.
MATT

Shinja

Postby Mithrandir » Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:01 pm

Nope. Don't like 'em at all.
Wispered voice: Dude, you own all the guitar chord books for those bands!
Shaddup!

Oh, and if you REALLY like Newsboys, answer this one:

Q: Who wrote all their original music.

Hint: Family member of someone in the band!

Wait, should this be on the useless trivia page...
Mithrandir

Postby EireWolf » Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:28 pm

I LOVE Jars. I think "Frail" (I think it's actually self-titled) will always be my favorite album, for sentimental reasons. But I do like all their albums. The lyrics are deep and honest; not the usual fluff you find in most Christian music. I also love Five O'Clock People, but I can only find 2 albums by them, and their first album is somewhat inferior. Anyone else like them?
EireWolf

Postby minjigga » Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:58 pm

oooo i do. i like jars of clay first cd. it was amazing. and audio a, i like a bunch of there stuff. mostly the stuff from underdog. and sum othere songs here and there. newsboys i havent really heard much of, but theyre pretty good.
payce:God bless:minjigs
minjigga

Postby Ashley » Tue Jul 01, 2003 9:23 pm

Q: Who wrote all their original music.

I'm really tempted to say Steve Taylor, I know he's been with the band from the get go. But I didn't think he was related to any of them...I guess you got me.
Ashley

Postby Shinja » Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:08 am

ah, steve taylors the man, if you havent seen the see spot rock tour dvd you should its awsome.
MATT

Shinja

Postby Mithrandir » Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:20 am

Originally posted by Ashley
I'm really tempted to say Steve Taylor, I know he's been with the band from the get go...

Are you sure? :)

The part I really liked was when they published the lyrics as "Written by S. Taylor." I thought that was pretty funny. Considering Sean Taylor and all...

Oh and yes, Steve Taylor is to modern(er) Christian what Larry Norman and Kieth Green were to the original.

Anyway, my $0.02.
Mithrandir

Postby Gleph » Sat Jul 19, 2003 3:26 am

I only recently started getting into Christian Music. I haven't heard any Audio A yet. But i Do have Jars of Clay (Furthermore) and Newsboys (Adoration) at the moment. Both albums are supreme in my opinion. But i guess others have different music tastes.

Again, something God used to get me to know him better, love him more and start to grow appreciation for him (simply... I love him ^_^)

God Bless
Isaiah 40:31
"But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint."
Gleph

Postby Mineko » Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:40 pm

I love Jars of Clay. Actually, I just love their first album, Flood. After that, they kinda lost it...
Mineko

Return to Jam Session