Ice Age 2

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Ice Age 2

Postby meboeck » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:49 pm

I'm back from seeing Ice Age 2. IMO it is one of the few sequels that is honestly as good as the original. And my goodness, have the graphics improved in just a short time, specifically when

[spoiler]the dam breaks, flooding the valley. The whole scene starting with the fissure and then going into the start of the flood is simply amazing visually.[/spoiler]

One of my few problems with the movie was Queen Latifah's voice acting, but that more had to do with fact that I'm not a very big fan of her in general. The music was one of the high points of the movie. It was an excellent soundtrack. I very highly recommend it!
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:54 pm

Well that's good that it turned out being... well, good! ^^ I'll probably end up seeing it when it's out on DVD.
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Pent » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:43 pm

Good. I was gonna see it with some of my friends sometime during spring break so now I'm kind of excited.
Pent

Postby soul alive » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:59 pm

I just got back from seeing it tonight. Loved it. I found it every bit as funny as the first one, if not more so in spots. The plot is completely believable in conjunction with the first movie. A worthy sequel which can fully stand on it's own two feet.

It was also fun to see more of Scrat. *wipes away tears of laughter*

And it was great to see the improvement in graphics, I especially loved the fur on the animals. ^^
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:01 pm

soul alive wrote:
And it was great to see the improvement in graphics, I especially loved the fur on the animals. ^^

Yeah I could tell the advancement of it just by seeing the short clips on the commercials... amazing how far it's gotten^^
Tenshi no Ai

Postby soul alive » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:39 pm

I have a whole new appreciation for computer graphics, having been learning how to use a 3-D imaging program, well, one that can be applied to architecture. It just makes me sit back and go - whoa, just, whoa.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:37 am

So I just watched it last night at MY theatre's opening of it (takes a while for our single theatre...)

Pretty good I'd say... but did anyone else catch Sid singing and usingTobyMac lyrics?! Singing to Manny something like "Stop hey, what's that sound *something something something* going down!" I thought that was pretty different.
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Tommy » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:39 am

"Stop, Hey What`s that Sound" is a very old song that Toby Mac remade, just like most of his other songs on "Momentum".

And the something something is "Everybody Look".
Tommy

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:46 am

Tom Dincht wrote:"Stop, Hey What`s that Sound" is a very old song that Toby Mac remade, just like most of his other songs on "Momentum".

And the something something is "Everybody Look".

Didn't know it's a remake... and it wasn't "everybody look", it had to do with Manny that he put in there instead.
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Tommy » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:04 am

Oh, well, I mwant song-wise, I haven`t seen Ice Age 2.
If he was rapping, then he WAS refering to TobyMac.
Tommy

Return to General Entertainment