Simpsons THE MOVIE (finally...)

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Simpsons THE MOVIE (finally...)

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:29 pm

(Trailer)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5422245676397466022&q=simpsons&pl=true

...I'm actually surprised. They only say they were goign to make a movie for HOW LONG?! And now it's official and everything. I actually thought if they ever made a movie the "who shot Mr. Burns", being a two part ep would make a good job for a type of plot... although it was all in promotion as a contest for people to guess who it was :/ ...since I think the Simpsons writers don't have it any more (some, well most of the new eps I shake my head at :/) I wonder how this one will do :/

...and just to throw it out there, here's a real-life opening that some people made of the show (being compared to the orginal). Somewhat amusing, if you haven't seen it before.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8430922475261473633&q=simpsons&pl=true
Tenshi no Ai

Postby TrigunX89 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:23 am

I just wonder if it will live up to the hype.
TrigunX89

Postby bigsleepj » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:37 am

No doubt it would be sub-standard like the recent few seasons. I'm not looking forward to it at all.
bigsleepj

Postby DrNic » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:51 am

Noooooooooo! Please no. No more trashy, less than comic, ridiculous Simpsons plot lines! The first 5-6 seasons were gold but the umpteen billion seasons they've done since then have been aweful!
Take me

Far from all that's wrong and...
Let these

Fears collapse inside

Take me

Back to when i...

Believed

Bloodless by Emery

Come visit the free state of Non-1000: Home of the Special Uber Elite (and try the burgers :P)

There's this dude named DrNic,
If you forget him, he'll get ticked! - By CobaltAngel

:grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin:
DrNic

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:28 am

DrNic wrote:The first 5-6 seasons were gold but the umpteen billion seasons they've done since then have been aweful!

Yeah... the middle seasons were the absolute best. The first 2 or so seasons more based on moralalic family life instead of comedy, and then continued to keep it up a little, but then with nicely played irony in them, making the show a nice piece of work^^ Nowadays, plot holes are everywhere and I too am scared as to where this one would go. Being a movie, I'm assuming that the plot wouldn't be as odd as some of the random ones they've used.
Tenshi no Ai

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:05 am

I maintain general neutrality regarding this. True, I haven't thought the recent new episodes were particularly wonderful (nor do I like the really earlier episodes, either, preferring the middle overall). However, I would assume that they would go to far greater effort to make the movie quality humor throughout, especially given the growing feeling that the series is past its prime. Also, you can do more with running jokes over the length of a movie.
uc pseudonym

Postby Lynx » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:08 pm

yay simpsons movie! i have faith in the simpsons... i think it will be good!
In my heart's sequestered chambers
Lie truths stripped of poet's gloss...
Lynx

Postby MPX42 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:14 pm

I heard they will quit doing the Simpsons after the movie.

Sadly,I have dial-up,so I will have to use another computer to view the trailer.
The following post has been MPX42's two cents.Strangly,after every single post he does,he gives two cents to random people. :hits_self

It's reported that 98% of the population has been roundhouse kicked by Chuck Norris at least once in their lives.If you're among the 2% that haven't,copy and paste this in your sig.
MPX42

Postby Nate » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:19 pm

MPX42 wrote:I heard they will quit doing the Simpsons after the movie.

I hope so. Simpsons is one of my favorite TV shows of all time, and the last few seasons have been dreadful. Almost like an insult to people who have been fans of the show their whole lives. I would be pleased to see them go out with a bang instead of putting out the kinda junk they have been lately.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:00 pm

kaemmerite wrote:I hope so. Simpsons is one of my favorite TV shows of all time, and the last few seasons have been dreadful. Almost like an insult to people who have been fans of the show their whole lives. I would be pleased to see them go out with a bang instead of putting out the kinda junk they have been lately.

I agree 100%. If they did quit after the movie, it would be the best decision they had in many years... they've had their 17 year run (or was it 16? Eh, somewhere around there).
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Allegro » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:59 pm

I myself still enjoy the Simpsons, regardless of the change in writing over the last few years. The show may not be as funny as the earlier seasons, but I still find the show funny. Keep in mind that a show that has been airing for this long would have difficulty in remaining the same level of consistency of humor, especially when writers tend to come and go. I did notice a rather noticable drop of quality in the last 2-3 years, but it seems to be getting better in the current season.

I am definately excited about the movie and I am sure the producers realize the high expectations from their fans.
Allegro

Postby rocklobster » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:15 pm

Why so much hype before the movie is even finished?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby DrNic » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:10 am

I'm glad they only did 4 sessions of Futurama, not a bad episode to its name :)
Take me

Far from all that's wrong and...
Let these

Fears collapse inside

Take me

Back to when i...

Believed

Bloodless by Emery

Come visit the free state of Non-1000: Home of the Special Uber Elite (and try the burgers :P)

There's this dude named DrNic,
If you forget him, he'll get ticked! - By CobaltAngel

:grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin:
DrNic

Postby Lyrical » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:27 am

Sigh. This is it. The movie would be the last episode of The Simpsons. Matt will only make up to the 19th season and end it there.
"My blackest days were bandaged white I prayed upon my darkest night,
and bible dreams the lives of former whores.
I slept beside this angry calm, kept faith alive and far from harm,
torn I�ve lived, I�ll die a boy stillborn. " -Bible dreams, The Wild Swans

how i became christian:...
:evil: » :bang: »:mutter: » :( » :) » :jump: » :angel: » :dance:

FOR ALL YOU VIDEO GAME AND ANIME FANS.
---GO HERE!!!---
Lyrical

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:35 pm

Is that official or just your own thinking? After some brief checking, I don't see anything to that effect. As for my opinion about this, I think what I've said elsewhere still stands.
uc pseudonym

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:03 am

Um, the last ep of the show allready happened... It was a few weeks ago... They made brief mention of it in TV guide, but I forgot to watch it... Forgot to watch teh last ep of '70s show too (another show that lost something after the 6th season) not that I care, because they didn't bring eric back (or so I read) So I missed two series finales of series I really loved... *sigh*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:27 pm

Ah, thank you for answering that. I'm out of the loop because I completely stopped watching the Simpsons once college was out (I don't watch any television anymore). I'll have to seek out the season finale in some form.
uc pseudonym

Return to General Entertainment