What Manga are you reading?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:52 pm

Finished Blade of the Immortal (what is available in America, anyway). I've now decided to continue reading MAR and I'm seriously considering Vagabond.
uc pseudonym

Postby Puritan » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:34 pm

Fruits Basket. I just got my copy of volume 13!
"...cease not a day from this work; be killing sin or it will be killing you." - John Owen The Mortification of Sin
Puritan

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:50 pm

Fruits Basket v. 13!

. . . And now I get to wait until AUGUST TO BUY THE NEXT VOLUME!

*walks up to Tokyopop and kicks it.*

Additionally, we (Yumie and me) got Full Moon Wo Sagashite v. 5, School Rumble v. 1, Ultra Maniac v. 4, Full Metal Alchemist v. 3.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:29 am

Checked a nearby bookstore for the next few volumes of RuroKen (I'm on 10) but they didn't have what I needed. Got Tsubasa vol. 2, so I'm reading that one for now.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Sai » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:28 pm

I'm reading MeruPuri. Its interesting and the art style reminds me a little of Tanemura sensei's style.
"Bother"
Sai

Postby MyrrhLynn » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:05 am

I just finished the Pretear series. I love the manga so much more then the anime (which is very rare for me). I'm also working on my through Ouran High School Host Club as each new volume comes out. ;)

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby gungrave » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:59 am

Umm:
Naruto<--Mine
Bleach<--Mine
FMA<--Bros

and I AM going to get //.hack Sign
You find that you have a weapon, an instrument that
will give you power over the wind and sea.
In one word, you can stop time. It is a weapon
so powerful that even God will bow
down to you and all his angels fall at your feet.
What would you do with it?

Adopted: Jack Bond
Adopted: Mega
Adopted By: Black Rose Misao
Adopted By: GrubbTheFragger

then I will be all over those games like white on a paper plate with a styrofoam cup filled with milk in the north pole during a snow storm ---iscryed4u which is my AIM screen name so, I said it XD
Felix wrote:And gungrave, XD I am sure you look quite the man-beast in a suit.

\m/ >,< \m/<-----if u listen to anti hip-hop music Aka metal or just hard rock put this in ur profile and represent

JonathOn !!El perro esta en fuego!!
C.R.A.P. leader
:thumb:
---GamerTag: HxS L3TH4L
gungrave

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:15 pm

Read DNAngel vols 1,2,3,5, and part of 6 at Books-a-Million. Being broke isn't fun.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby everdred12a » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:14 pm

I also read DNAngel vol 1 & 2.

everdred12a

Postby Rexman64 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:49 pm

Just finished Cowboy Bebop 1. (So many typos...)

I'm about to start:
Bleach 5
Fruits Basket 1
Trigun 1
Don't defrost the alligator.

Boy, you're gonna carry that weight, carry that weight a long time...
Rexman64

Postby Mangafanatic » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:08 pm

Read volumes 9, 10, and part of 11 of Hana Kimi. Oh, Sano. . . Thou makes my poor female heart to say "flutter-flutter, flutter-flutter." :grin:
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Debitt » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:21 pm

translating the newer chapters of Tactics and D.Gray-man vol. 5. =3

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:13 pm

Monster

Yes, I decided to read this series after hearing so many people praise it. At this point (10 volumes in, about half-way) I am enjoying it greatly. I'm highly curious as to how it will end, but the journey there is proving worthwhile.
uc pseudonym

Postby MasterDias » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:29 pm

I started Monster as well via a purchase of Volume 1 from the store.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby everdred12a » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:14 pm

Ranma 1/2 vol. 14 and 15

everdred12a

Postby Allegro » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:03 pm

Currently the second volume of the Aria manga.
Allegro

Postby Tommy » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:47 pm

Flames of Recca Vol.2 of 33.
Tommy

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:55 pm

Finishing up Fruits Basket vol. 4 *ish VERY behind!* Luckily since there's not many DVDs I wanna get, I can focus my money more on manga and go on a bit of a frenzy @_@
Tenshi no Ai

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:12 am

I read three volumes of Gantz because I was interested in the storyline. After that I got fed up with a variety of issues (pacing, gratuitous sexuality) and just went to Wikipedia. Though it turned out to be a disappointment, I'm glad I read it instead of wasting a ton of time.

everdred12, is your avatar from the Snafu comic? It is a very interesting idea that I find fairly amusing.
uc pseudonym

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:52 pm

I finished Monster and enjoyed it very much overall. The ending was a slight disappointment to me in some ways, but prior to the ending there was a great deal of resolution. A good series.

Also, I got caught up on Hellsing. I find myself caring less and less about the characters involved, however.
uc pseudonym

Postby chimera189 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:50 pm

Chibi Vampire v.1
Defend the Bible? I would as soon defend a lion! Charles Spurgeon
I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts. The rest are details. Albert Einstien
Luke 23:39-43; "And it also makes me smile to think that there is a grinning ex-con walking the streets of gold that knows more about grace than a thousand theologans. No one else would have given him a prayer, but in the end that is all he had, and in the end that is all it took." -Max Lucado

[url=myspace.com/chimera189]myspace[/url]
chimera189

Postby Kry » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:53 pm

I just finished reading Furuba vol. 13. \o.o/ and I'm waiting ever so patiently for the next tsubasa manga to be released in english....
__
°(
O.o)°
6( . )9
(_|_)

This [color=royalblue]is Monkee![/color]

Loveth Teh Monkee!
Kry

Postby Linksquest » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:52 pm

I just finished Azumanga Daioh today! yay! Such a good series. I had borrowed them from MSP a while back but had only gotten through the first three volumes. I returned them to him without finishing them. A couple weeks back I borrowed them from him again and I decided to re-read them all. AHH! sooo awesome! I would definately recommend them!
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Postby Silent Hunter » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:01 pm

FullMetal Alchemist vol. 1 and vol. 5 of Naruto ^-^ !!!

[color=#000000]Me: "Hey, what's her last name?"

Brett: "Doesn't matter. It's going to change anyway."

Brett: "Why do they call it tourist season if you can't shoot them?"

[/color]
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Signature, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
Silent Hunter

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:36 pm

Just read my new copy last night of Full Moon vol 2^^

....I'm in a .hack mood again though, so might read over my manga of it :/ And I also wanna get AI Buster vol. 2 now^^
Tenshi no Ai

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:40 pm

I've started on the beginning of Ruroni Kenshin, as I missed some volumes. I also sampled a volume of Flame of Recca and Rose Hip Rose.
uc pseudonym

Postby Hitokiri » Fri May 05, 2006 7:50 pm

Love Hina (again haha)
Hitokiri

Postby Silent Hunter » Sat May 06, 2006 5:03 am

Naruto :grin:

[color=#000000]Me: "Hey, what's her last name?"

Brett: "Doesn't matter. It's going to change anyway."

Brett: "Why do they call it tourist season if you can't shoot them?"

[/color]
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Signature, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
Silent Hunter

Postby chimera189 » Sat May 06, 2006 10:34 pm

Bleach 1
Defend the Bible? I would as soon defend a lion! Charles Spurgeon
I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts. The rest are details. Albert Einstien
Luke 23:39-43; "And it also makes me smile to think that there is a grinning ex-con walking the streets of gold that knows more about grace than a thousand theologans. No one else would have given him a prayer, but in the end that is all he had, and in the end that is all it took." -Max Lucado

[url=myspace.com/chimera189]myspace[/url]
chimera189

Postby Ssjjvash » Mon May 08, 2006 5:11 pm

I am currently reading Fruits Basket. I am in the middle of the third one right now. I luv it!
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone
And so hold on when there is nothing left in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!' ...you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling

Satan, bite the dust!Image

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Proverbs 18:24
Ssjjvash

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews