Bobby's World

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Bobby's World

Postby Allegro » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:30 pm

Does anybody remember this cartoon? It aired for quite a while on the Fox Kids network, but it was one of my favorites. You can't go wrong with Bobby's never-ending imaginations and Uncle Ted. :)
Allegro

Postby bigsleepj » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:35 pm

I remember it. I used to like, but I doubt I'd buy it on DVD (which it is available on, if I'm not mistaken). Still it was a good show for its time. :grin:
bigsleepj

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:22 am

I was just thinking about this show a little while ago and I miss it! ...maybe it'll return one day since there seems to be a fad with channels bringing back old shows (I mean, CNT has brought back stuff like Rosanne and even Fox's old Married With Children). *shrugs* Hoping maybe here Teletoon will pick it up one day. I know I'd watch it to reminese. (Can't spell today >_<)

I still remember one ep where they went to Canada and Uncle Ted introduced Bobby to a couple of "real Canadians". These two guys lived in a trailer and LOVED to not only say "eh" but called people "hockey hosers". ...I don't even know what a "hoser" is v_v Must be Newfies.
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Doe Johnson » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:26 am

I watched this show and must have liked it since I saw it often, but there was something about it that always annoyed me...don't recall what it is tho.
The #1 Fan of mastersquirrel's Voice!

In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri. - Douglas Adams
I smell cinnamon roll-y!!

You fight like a dairy farmer!
The Giver of Quality Hugs
I felt a great bump in the Thread, as if millions of posts suddenly bumped in terror and were suddenly silenced.

No - My birthday isn't really on the Ides of March, but that is the fake date I use everywhere on the Internet.
Adopted: ishy

the cc is special ground, cc's provide protection to all who seek shelter there, no violence can be done in a cower corner - it is known
Doe Johnson

Postby Steeltemplar » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:32 am

I remember that show. It was pretty funny. I think Bobby's mom was one of the funnier parts. And naturally Uncle Ted was classic.
Headbangers United

"There is no surer sign of decay in a country than to see the rites of religion held in contempt." - Niccolo Machiavelli

"But even as Josue and Caleb declared that the Land of Promise was good and fair, and that the possession of it would be easy and pleasant; so the Holy Spirit, speaking by all the Saints, and our Blessed Lord Himself assure us that a devout life is a lovely, a pleasant, and a happy life." - from An Introduction to the Devout Life, by St. Francis de Sales

Loyal subject of Sakura-hime, the RP Princess.
CR-chan's faithful PNC.
FF-chan's NiichanB.
Steeltemplar

Postby Mr. Rogers » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:38 am

I remember that show.
Mr. Rogers

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:16 am

Doe Johnson wrote:I watched this show and must have liked it since I saw it often, but there was something about it that always annoyed me...don't recall what it is tho.

Was it the whole "pull my finger" thing (if I remember correctly) or noogies?
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Allegro » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:56 pm

Doe Johnson wrote:I watched this show and must have liked it since I saw it often, but there was something about it that always annoyed me...don't recall what it is tho.
Hmm... perhaps it was the Captain Squash guy (he sure annoyed me). :lol:

Did you guys know that Howie Mandel (the man during the live-action segments) provided the voice for Bobby?

Thankfully I was able to record a few episodes when they first aired, but I am actually surprised it's on DVD. Sure hope the fad becomes true that BW would be reaired.
Allegro

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:11 pm

Allegro wrote:
Did you guys know that Howie Mandel (the man during the live-action segments) provided the voice for Bobby?

Yeah! He's a brilliant V/A! He also did a voice on an old computer game...I forgot the name of it, but the disk was bright yellow..."Something...town?"

Anyway, if anyone on this forum makes it to "Deal or No Deal." Please ask him to do Bobby's voice! (Yes, I know it may get annoying to him for people to ask that, but just for old time sake!)
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:20 pm

Allegro wrote:Did you guys know that Howie Mandel (the man during the live-action segments) provided the voice for Bobby?

Wow really? I just know he did Bobby's dad, who looked and also had the name "Howie" if I remember right...
Tenshi no Ai

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:39 pm

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I remember this show!!! HAHA! I loved it! Who could forget the trippy intro with Bobby Riding his bike?! HAHA classical!

I remember this one episode where he was being coached by Uncle Ted and he like hurt himself or soemthng and his uncle was like "Got a hurt ankle? Walk it off!"

Thus, leading bobby to imagine his uncle walking by a lot of people and saying things like, "Having a baby? Walk it off!"

I also remember the trick his older bro played on his mom doncha know, where he was like banging on teh side of the car pretending there was a flat tire. HAHA! I used that trick once or twice...it never worked...O_o

His mom was an elvis fan...an avid elvis fan...I remember that..and his sis was like a trippy like Valley Girl!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:48 pm

ChristianRonin wrote:
I remember this one episode where he was being coached by Uncle Ted and he like hurt himself or soemthng and his uncle was like "Got a hurt ankle? Walk it off!"

Thus, leading bobby to imagine his uncle walking by a lot of people and saying things like, "Having a baby? Walk it off!"

Wow I actually remember that one! The only things I really remember was that ep, the Canadian one that I already mentioned, one where Bobby remembers his first hair cut as being Edward "Scissorfingers" thus scared to go back (which I think was the same one where the house was being remodled and he ran into plastic and screamed thinking it was a monster), and when Bobby imagined a car pool being a pool that cars go to.

Heh... "walk it off"... I so wanna see that one again!
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Allegro » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:17 pm

Generic...

"It's Gen-er-ic!"

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:Anyway, if anyone on this forum makes it to "Deal or No Deal." Please ask him to do Bobby's voice! (Yes, I know it may get annoying to him for people to ask that, but just for old time sake!)
Haha, I'll bet the only instance he'll do that is if we earned a certain amount of money in the game. :lol: I was actually a little surprised to see him without any hair...

Apparently he is a native of Canada. So I can see how Bobby's mom stereotypical accent, and the other Canadian references fit in with the show.

Anyways, I remember this one episode where Bobby takes a trip with his parents (it could be the same episode you guys are talking about) and somewhere between it was this catchy musical number involving "Planes, trains, and automobiles." I can't really remember it off-hand, but it certainly sounded catchy when I first heard it.
Allegro

Postby Joshua Christopher » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:08 pm

I have an awkward obsession with 90s children's cartoons. But it's not Sonic. : )
Joshua Christopher

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:52 pm

Allegro wrote:
Haha, I'll bet the only instance he'll do that is if we earned a certain amount of money in the game. :lol:

"Okay Howie! I won the million! Do it!"

"Oh, allright...::mutters:: Stupid contract...I knew I shouldn't have agreed to do this...grumble...grumble... 'Time for noogies!!!"
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Return to General Entertainment