Benchwarmers

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Benchwarmers

Postby TrigunX89 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:52 am

I just saw it today -- very good movie! Has anyone else seen it? What did you think?
TrigunX89

Postby everdred12a » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:07 am

It was okay. It had a little bit too much bathroom humor (and the like) for my taste, but it was still a decent movie. Also, it kind of struck me as a sort of 'Napoleon Dynamite 2;' it had a lot of the same themes.

everdred12a

Postby Stephen » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:34 am

I read an interview with the actor who played Napoleon, and I was pretty suprised by what he said. He basicly wants to star in movies that familys can enjoy. Rather then raunchy adult humor stuff. So I thought that was pretty cool of him.
Stephen

Postby chibiphonebooth » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:40 am

hahahaha i loved this movie. XDDD

it was amazing.

i love the napolean dynomite guy. XD

my fave guy though- was the guy who was afraid of the sun.
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:52 pm

Seems way to immature and stupid for my tastes. I don't really see why childish bathroom humor and slapstick can be that funny all the time.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby chibiphonebooth » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:16 pm

YOUR FACE IS FUNNY ALL THE TIME!

OHHHHHHHHH BURN!

yeah, i went there.

XD
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby TrigunX89 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:21 pm

Lol^

Perhaps it is stupid, but I like that sort of thing. Jon Heder seems like a cool guy. I think a lot of families can enjoy this movie, except for the most strict ones.
TrigunX89

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:12 pm

Ark wrote:I read an interview with the actor who played Napoleon, and I was pretty suprised by what he said. He basicly wants to star in movies that familys can enjoy. Rather then raunchy adult humor stuff. So I thought that was pretty cool of him.

Well how many rated G movies do you know of that became THAT popular with teens? (Focusing on Napoleon). Haven't seen The Benchwarmers yet, and I can't remember what it's rated either. Still with Napoleon and stuff (although it annoys me for the overatedness which has seemed to finally slow down^^) it was still amazing with the popularity without the use of ONE swear or anything like that^^
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Stephen » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:58 pm

ND was rated G? Dang. I thought it was PG.
Stephen

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:01 pm

Ark wrote:ND was rated G? Dang. I thought it was PG.

May have only been Canadian rating, which usually goes down a level from the states' grading. I mean, if you think about it, Napoleon didn't have any bad stuff in it... besides, with stuff like Austin Powers getting a PG Canadian rating (PG-13 in US), I'm sure Napoleon deserved its G^^

...and back to the regularily scheduled topic!
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:03 pm

Ark wrote:ND was rated G? Dang. I thought it was PG.

It is PG. And Savannah, your burn was awesome. XD But anyways, I haven't seen this one yet. I might go see it, but chances are, I won't. At least, not until it's out on DVD or something. I have heard that it's funny, though, from sources outside of CAA. :)
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:50 pm

My MOM wants to see this movie. If you know my mom, that should crack you up. For the rest of you (basically everyone except Ree-chan), smile and nod.

We'll probably see it this weekend or something.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby TrigunX89 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:30 am

Cool, I hope you like it! I must admit, some parts (like the robot) were a bit too much for myself, but it was a very funny movie for the most part.
TrigunX89

Postby chibiphonebooth » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:51 am

Radical Dreamer wrote:It is PG. And Savannah, your burn was awesome. XD But anyways, I haven't seen this one yet. I might go see it, but chances are, I won't. At least, not until it's out on DVD or something. I have heard that it's funny, though, from sources outside of CAA. :)

i know. my burns are always awsome. :rock:

im just an awsome person.

XD
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby rii namuras » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:34 am

(O_o. Rai-sama, your mom wants to see this movie? Whoah. I never would have guessed that. You'll have to tell us how it goes, because my brother wants to see it.)
rii namuras

Return to General Entertainment