The Red Green Show

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

The Red Green Show

Postby Steeltemplar » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:49 am

A post I was making in another thread brought this old favorite to my mind. Anyone else watch this show on PBS?

I loved it in the earlier episodes. The best segments may have been the handyman ones, though ("If the women don't find you handsome, they can at least find you handy!"). I remember when he created an electric meat cooker using a golf club hooked :lol: Great show.

I think I'm going to have to go find some DVD's of this.
Headbangers United

"There is no surer sign of decay in a country than to see the rites of religion held in contempt." - Niccolo Machiavelli

"But even as Josue and Caleb declared that the Land of Promise was good and fair, and that the possession of it would be easy and pleasant; so the Holy Spirit, speaking by all the Saints, and our Blessed Lord Himself assure us that a devout life is a lovely, a pleasant, and a happy life." - from An Introduction to the Devout Life, by St. Francis de Sales

Loyal subject of Sakura-hime, the RP Princess.
CR-chan's faithful PNC.
FF-chan's NiichanB.
Steeltemplar

Postby Stephen » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:51 am

Red Green show is really funny. My fav episode is the one where he made a Hummer out of 2 like Pintos or somthing...
Stephen

Postby Lynx » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:15 pm

i enjoy red green. i watch it when i can... i love how he truly can do anything with enough duct tape!
In my heart's sequestered chambers
Lie truths stripped of poet's gloss...
Lynx

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:19 pm

lol red green rules (what can i say i am a Mainer thro and thro) it has an awesome since of humour i haven't watched it in forever tho
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Arnobius » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:29 pm

I liked the show a lot, but in the years that Harold had left the show, I found it rather disappointing for the most part.
Arnobius

Postby meboeck » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:02 pm

My family actually owns a "Best Of" video of that show. It is amazing. I love when they turned the van into a fire engine. I don't really watch it anymore, though.
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:04 pm

Up here in ye olde Canada, Red Green is about to finish his 15th and final season. Farewell, duct tape ideas... -_-
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby Arnobius » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:19 pm

TheMelodyMaker wrote:Up here in ye olde Canada, Red Green is about to finish his 15th and final season. Farewell, duct tape ideas... -_-

I had no idea they were still going strong. That's great.

Kind of interesting that all my favorite shows are from places other than America: Red Green Show, Red Dwarf, Fawlty Towers, Are You Being Served...

Either says something about me or about American comedies
Arnobius

Postby Steeltemplar » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:40 pm

AnimeHeretic wrote:I had no idea they were still going strong. That's great.

Kind of interesting that all my favorite shows are from places other than America: Red Green Show, Red Dwarf, Fawlty Towers, Are You Being Served...

Either says something about me or about American comedies

Well, the stuff we get from Britain tends to be the better shows, I think. I have seen some others that are simply attrocious.

Both Red Green and Red Dwarf were very low budget and then lost their charm, IMO, when they became more popular and had more money. I suspect in both cases that the TV executives were responsible.
Headbangers United

"There is no surer sign of decay in a country than to see the rites of religion held in contempt." - Niccolo Machiavelli

"But even as Josue and Caleb declared that the Land of Promise was good and fair, and that the possession of it would be easy and pleasant; so the Holy Spirit, speaking by all the Saints, and our Blessed Lord Himself assure us that a devout life is a lovely, a pleasant, and a happy life." - from An Introduction to the Devout Life, by St. Francis de Sales

Loyal subject of Sakura-hime, the RP Princess.
CR-chan's faithful PNC.
FF-chan's NiichanB.
Steeltemplar

Postby Arnobius » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:51 pm

Steeltemplar wrote:Well, the stuff we get from Britain tends to be the better shows, I think. I have seen some others that are simply attrocious.

Both Red Green and Red Dwarf were very low budget and then lost their charm, IMO, when they became more popular and had more money. I suspect in both cases that the TV executives were responsible.

Well, for me Red Dwarf was funny through Season 6 (have not seen season 7 yet). Red Green, was funny with cast members like Harold and Bill. I didn't care for the show when Mr Humphrey (?) took over Harold's role.

Ever see the episode about "Road Rage" at the end with Harold :lol:
Arnobius

Return to General Entertainment