"The Ring"

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

"The Ring"

Postby rocklobster » Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:24 am

I wasn't sure where to put this. I'm taping The Ring tonight and was wondering if anyone's seen this and read the manga. If so, could you tell me anything useful?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:13 pm

Letsee... I prefer it better than Ringu... it has an interesting plot and amusing how everything ties together... and The Ring 2 was just a joke :/
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Tommy » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:22 pm

I saw it.

Suspenceful, but not scary.
Tommy

Postby rocklobster » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:49 pm

Tenshi no Ai wrote:Letsee... I prefer it better than Ringu... it has an interesting plot and amusing how everything ties together... and The Ring 2 was just a joke :/

So, it's like with the Blair Witch sequel, where they were just cashing in on something?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:00 pm

rocklobster wrote:So, it's like with the Blair Witch sequel, where they were just cashing in on something?

Well I know in Japan they had a Ring 2 (although I think it was WAY different than the American adaptation of it) a Ring 0 (think that was the TV series?) and even an OVA :/ Not exactly sure, but there was a lot^^

And from what I read, I saw the word "The Grudge 2" appear... so I wouln't be surprised if they made a sequel on that (never seen the first one yet, actually :/) So many sequels out this year... just noticed a third Fast and the Furious coming out too -_-
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Lynx » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:51 pm

i loved the ring, i thought it was really freaky. ring 2 wasnt as good as the first. ringu was really good too, you should totally watch both ring and ringu.
In my heart's sequestered chambers
Lie truths stripped of poet's gloss...
Lynx

Postby Stephen » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:59 pm

Not horror, more like teen girl suspence. I hated the film, felt it was the most over-rated film of its day....and really saw no redeeming quality in it whatsoever.
Stephen

Postby Da Rabid Duckie » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:54 pm

I'm going to have to disagree there, I thought that it was a very deep movie on all angles if you like doing detective work. The plot, if taken at face value, seems flat but there is so much more to the story that's not in the movie. If you're looking for something you can watch, and then do more research on afterwards, then I highly recommend it. The same thing goes for the second one... I didn't watch it for the movie, I watched it for more information on the world it involved.

Then again, I'm a fan of Asian-styled horror to behind with...
Da Rabid Duckie -- Taking Over Your Country In Three Posts Or Less.

Join the Proud Nation of Temuoplis! Koei, Temuoplis!

Law of Japanese Animation #11 (Law of Inherent Combustibility)
Everything explodes. Everything.

In both real life and video games,
anything can be solved through the mass application of explosives. -- The Duck

Da Rabid Duckie, concerning Gypsy wrote:Gypsy doesn't realize this, but she's ditching whomever she's with and we're getting married. Uh huh. Yeah. Lil bro Zilch can be the best man, it'll be an explosive ceremony. Everyone is invited! We'll serve poutine at the reception, Straylight can DJ, and Shatterheart can start a mosh pit!
Gypsy, in acceptance wrote:Explosives and poutine? Alright!
Hey... she said it... :p
Da Rabid Duckie

Postby Stephen » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:15 pm

Here we go again. Every single time I see someone support this movie, its almost always "well you have to be smart to understand it" or "Its a deep intellegent movie" I just do not buy that logic. It is just as hokey and fake as movies I love, such as Nightmare on Elm St. or Jason films. The girl crawls from a TV. A tape that causes this. There is like...no logical way to explain any of it...other then horror fantasy. If you like it, more power to you. I like quite a few movies that others would deem crap. And I can admit there crap....but I still like them. Just don't use the excuse that its somthing wrong with someone else if they don't like it.
Stephen

Postby Da Rabid Duckie » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:31 pm

Um, there's no reason to be so defensive. I never said there was anything wrong with anyone that doesn't like it, and I never put down anyone's intelligence. If I did, please show me where and I'll correct it. ^^;

Da Rabid Duckie, concerning Gypsy wrote:Gypsy doesn't realize this, but she's ditching whomever she's with and we're getting married. Uh huh. Yeah. Lil bro Zilch can be the best man, it'll be an explosive ceremony. Everyone is invited! We'll serve poutine at the reception, Straylight can DJ, and Shatterheart can start a mosh pit!
Da Rabid Duckie

Postby Stephen » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:41 pm

*laughs* I was simply pointing out that all Ring fans act the same way.
Stephen

Postby Da Rabid Duckie » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:06 pm

Um, that's completely incorrect. You may have personally met a lot of fans like that, but it's unfair to say that all of them are that way. I'm a huge Ring fan, and I'm not acting like that. If you don't like it then I have no problems, as it's your perrogative.

Da Rabid Duckie

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:27 pm

.......umm wow argument city all i have to say is i have never seen the ring (my sister was highly frightened by it) and i don't plan too cuz i like ark have met alot of fans (now so i don't get into a argument not all fans but some is what i mean) that say u have to be smart to get the plot. maybe its the mainers that all think that cuz Duckie u claim not alot of ppl think that *sighs* oh well i don't really care about the plot anymore at this point
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Anime Dad » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:58 pm

I've seen both The Ring and Ringu - I found The Ring to be a bit scarier than the original.
On a side note: My son invited a bunch of his friends around for his birthday, for pizza and a movie. They decided to watch The Ring. The movie was up to the part where they had just watched through the tape for the first time, so I snuck out and dialled our home number on my mobile phone......

You've never seen a bunch of teenage boys jump so high!! *evil laugh*

They were fine about it though, they had a laugh about it afterwards.
Anime Dad

Location: Australia.... BTW i'm not really a dwarf with a bushy beard and a helmety thing.....

Postby KBMaster » Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:12 pm

That's just sick and wrong, man. Sick and wrong.
I don't think Rabid Duckie was saying you have to be smart. I sit down and analyze books and movies and tv shows all the time and I can't seem to find anything enjoyable about this one either. I haven't seen the original or read the manga, though.
KBMaster

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:55 pm

Anime Dad wrote:On a side note: My son invited a bunch of his friends around for his birthday, for pizza and a movie. They decided to watch The Ring. The movie was up to the part where they had just watched through the tape for the first time, so I snuck out and dialled our home number on my mobile phone......

You've never seen a bunch of teenage boys jump so high!! *evil laugh*

They were fine about it though, they had a laugh about it afterwards.

:lol: Great job! I remember watching this clip once with the band Morning Musume (a group of like, 12 teen girls) watch Ringu, and freak out when they set up a cardboard box under the TV, so when the girl crawled out of the TV on the movie, the girl crawled out of the box^^ I thought it was quite amusing.
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Anime Dad » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:06 pm

That's funny:)

I was happy to find out that the lead actress in Ringu was Nanako Matsushima, who played Fuyutsuki in GTO live action.
Anime Dad

Location: Australia.... BTW i'm not really a dwarf with a bushy beard and a helmety thing.....

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:10 pm

lol thats great Tenshi XD
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Return to General Entertainment