She's The Man

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

She's The Man

Postby zelda » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:40 pm

I saw She's The Man last week and it was so funny i was crying! it's based on Shakespears Twelfth Night. I'm reading Twelfth Night in school so when I saw She's The Man turning the book into a modernday version i couldn't stop laughing!
it's about a girl, named Viola, who pretends to be her brother in a bording school for two weeks. she's starting to fall in love with her roommate and her room mate is in love with Olivia and since Olivia thinks Viola is a boy Olivia is in love with Viola! it's kinda confusing but when you see the movie you will totally laugh your head off!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/dreamworks/shestheman/
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Signature, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
zelda

Postby Locke » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:00 pm

I saw it on Saturday and loved it. The guy from Arrested Development was the princible!
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby Felix » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:22 pm

Looks funny, I wanna see it! Do you have an idea what sort of innapropriate content is in it? My mom's pretty picky about movies.
Felix

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:45 pm

Seems it's PG-13+ for some sexual content (that is if you live in the US) which I don't.
Looks funny, but it will probably have the usual sex jokes, unfortunately.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby soul alive » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:50 am

I was also laughing so hard I was almost in tears. This was a very funny movie. I'd recommend it.

It has the typical things you would expect in a situation with a girl pretending to be a guy, and one on a sports team at that, but you never see anything (thank goodness), though the people in the movie do 'see' on a few occasions
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:52 am

As much as I despise amanda bynes, this actually looked really funny... I sorta want to see it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Joshua Christopher » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:24 am

Sorry, I don't like to see the works of Shakespeare drug through the mud of horribly derivative Hollywood "comedies".
Joshua Christopher

Postby zelda » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:18 pm

Felix wrote:Looks funny, I wanna see it! Do you have an idea what sort of innapropriate content is in it? My mom's pretty picky about movies.

in the end it's a little innapropriate but it doesn't show anything. there's nothing bad in it at all. the only thing is that in the end they have to show if they're a girl or a boy but all you see is they're faces.
my mom is picky as well and she saw it with me and didn't seem to care.
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Signature, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
zelda

Postby Tommy » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:30 pm

I suppose "Mean Girls" is based off Shakespear`s work as well?

Jk, I am aware this movie is based on Shakespear`s work but geez..they sure changed it.
Tommy

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:41 pm

Impact Alberto wrote:Sorry, I don't like to see the works of Shakespeare drug through the mud of horribly derivative Hollywood "comedies".

Hmm... Since I mostly hate shakespear, this is actually a plus for me, hehe...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Return to General Entertainment