Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby madphilb » Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:22 am

Smilies people.. smilies ;) :thumb: :lol:
PHIL

Member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone!! Join the fight!!
madphilb

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Jan 01, 2004 4:33 pm

Advent Children will be better than The Spirits Within. As long as they include enough of the original characters, they can't go too wrong (they can, but not enough to damage to the point of The Spirits Within- not that I intend to bash the movie). Personally, I'm less excited about Cloud than seeing Vincent.

I don't have access to a computer capable of playing the best trailer. Hmm... time to jury rig something.
uc pseudonym

Postby Keito-chan » Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:51 am

I hope ff7 movie will be better then spirits within..I did not really think much of that movie. I hope they have tifa and barret..they have to have some girls in it. Do you think they would have vincent or yuffie..i mean you ad to find them, so they could not be in it. :S
Keito-chan

Postby Ashley » Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:02 am

Has anyone thought maybe this movie is a (I hate to use the word after the Star Wars fiasco) prequel? That could explain why the silver-haired man looks so familiar to Sephiroth...
Now, I haven't played FF7 (crowd: gasp!) but that was just my thought.
Ashley

Postby inkhana » Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:42 am

The only trouble with that theory is that FFVII has a lot of flashbacks and they'd have to do some fancy weaving to make that work (like the whole Nibelheim business, which was what, two years before the game started?) Now, I have yet to -finish- FFVII, but I've played a good portion of it so far, and it looks more like a sequel to me...

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby MasterDias » Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:29 am

uc pseudonym wrote:Personally, I'm less excited about Cloud than seeing Vincent.

You and me both.

Ashley wrote:Has anyone thought maybe this movie is a (I hate to use the word after the Star Wars fiasco) prequel? That could explain why the silver-haired man looks so familiar to Sephiroth...
Now, I haven't played FF7 (crowd: gasp!) but that was just my thought.

I don't see how that would work as there isn't a whole lot of room for prequal material. Besides, the news reports said that the movie wil take place a few years after the game.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:40 pm

I'm with those who doubt a prequel... though it would be interesting to see them try. It'd be interesting if they pulled yet another complete twist, a la Tidus of FFX. Somehow I doubt that, though.

About Vincent... I was examining a screen capture the other day, and there's an image that looks very much like him. Nothing conclusive, of course, but it is a cape very much like his. We can only hope.
uc pseudonym

Postby Fsiphskilm » Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:00 pm

Where's the rest of his Coat??? LOL :lol: It's like gone...His coat thing is missing an arm. :lol:
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Kisa » Sun Jan 04, 2004 7:48 pm

When doe it come out? Will it be in theaters or right to DVD?
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby MasterDias » Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:29 pm

Direct to DVD.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Solid Ronin » Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:22 pm

uc pseudonym wrote: Personally, I'm less excited about Cloud than seeing Vincent.

Solid Ronin

Postby Kisa » Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:06 pm

*comforts Cloud avatar* (referring to post above^)

I can't remember if anyone,or me, has asked yet so . . .
When is the release of FF7AC supposed to happen?
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:22 pm

If it was the Cloud of Kingdom Hearts (as yours is), I would be very eager to see him. It's not, though, and I'm not as set on that Cloud. Your Cloud rocks.
uc pseudonym

Postby inkhana » Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:33 pm

Just to satisfy my curiosity...^^ What are the main differences between the FFVII Cloud and the KH Cloud to make you feel that way? I haven't played KH.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Solid Ronin » Thu Jan 08, 2004 8:44 am

Avatar: Thanks guy :sniffle: You make me feel so special I needed that alot ever since that kid with the giant key beat me :sniffle: :sniffle: I LOVE YOU GUYS
Solid Ronin

Postby Solid Ronin » Thu Jan 08, 2004 8:46 am

inkhana wrote:Just to satisfy my curiosity...^^ What are the main differences between the FFVII Cloud and the KH Cloud to make you feel that way? I haven't played KH.

Avatar: There are none expect that I wore different clothes

Ronin: :wow!: :wow!: so many people have played this game you really need to inkhana
Solid Ronin

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:30 am

Well, FFVII Cloud got on my nerves after a while, though he was still a cool character. Plus the endless plot twisting eventually just got to me. Kingdom Hearts Cloud, on the other hand, has an incredibly cool costume, and maintains a cool attitude.

We all know you should have beaten Sora. Just as soon as he stops being the player controlled character you can beat him up.
uc pseudonym

Postby Solid Ronin » Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:14 am

Avatar: yes REVENGE SHALL BE MINE (evil laughing) MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Solid Ronin

Postby Fsiphskilm » Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:42 pm

That's not being very confident. I mean FF 7 is what started it on the Playstation, there are millions of fans, and the movie just looks good. I think they should give it a try.

Volt wrote:grrrr...I hate Yuffie!!! Making me chase her all around the freaken world and stealing my spheres.
Heh, I ment materia. (plays FFX/FFX-2 too much)

Ronin wrote:nvm

No comment, Usually I don't bother deciphering abreviations. I'm guessing it means not very mature. None offense taken, I'm not bother by it. *stops and thinks* What does that have anything to do with my opinion of Yu...(goes off thinking)?
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Gypsy » Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:58 am

So there's no sign of any of the girls in it yet?
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Fsiphskilm » Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:54 pm

No I think Aeris might be in it. I heard something about 2 girls being in it from the trailer everyone saw. I'll head over to see it later. But since it takes place 2 years before FF VII. Right? I'm guessing they'll show Aeris. And something about there being 3 sephoroths, they're femanine like Aeris but dut to sephoeroths Gene they look like him. Something about cloneing. I'll check it out later.

Of course Seph doesn't have long hair. Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children will be made using the same software for The Spirits Within, Duh. And so the software limitation isn't too happy about long hair...If sephs hair were really as long as it is in the game then it would end up going through his body. It would cost thousands of hours of programing and so they hacked off his hair.

*hint* - In Spirits Within Doctor Aki's Hair cuts through her left shoulder in the scene where she explains the 8 spirits to Grey.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Gypsy » Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:57 pm

I don't remember seeing any girls, but maybe I just watched the wrong trailer ...
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:06 pm

Though this is the spoiler heard round the world (everyone told everyone about this little plot detail, and ruined it for me...), I'll still spoilerize it [spoiler=FF7]If they REALLY bring Aeris back, I'm gonna go postal... From then on when someone says "What's nonsexual fanservice", I'll just say "When they brough Aeris back on Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children" and Fanservice in the dictionary will have two pictures... One being Faye from Bebop and one being the resurrected Aeris... [/spoiler]

I hope they don't screw it up, even though I am not all that fond of FF7 to begin with... I mean, bringing back Sephy was bad enough...

PS. seph DOES have long hair in some scenes in the trailer... the short haired one may not be seph at all...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:42 am

Yes, that would be the epitome of fanservice. I hope it doesn't happen. Also, there's a good chance Sephiroth only appears in flashbacks.
uc pseudonym

Postby Gypsy » Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:46 am

I agree. Without saying too much, I was thinking the only acceptible form would be a flashback. However, there were other girls ...
Gypsy

Postby Fsiphskilm » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:29 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:PS. seph DOES have long hair in some scenes in the trailer... the short haired one may not be seph at all...

I heard they were clones... That's all I know. It would make sense since Seph is

[spoiler] some kind of experiment [/spoiler]

in the first place. They look cool though. It would be nice to see Cloud fighting clones with that awsome sword he has...

BUT don't forget you guys...Big Expectations from Hollywood lead to BIG dissapointments...Don't expect too much. Remember all those years we kept getting hyped up over every movie and sequal? Always saying to ourselves "Oh, no this one's going to be different" And it ended up being a horrid movie.

Let's not think of FFVII:AC as some kind of Supreme movie... yet.

Ink's edit: Remember your spoilers, everyone!
Fsiphskilm

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:43 pm

1. I don't have high expectations for the plot
2. I'll watch it primarily out of my love for computer animation
3. It's not Hollywood... It's, uh, what's Japan's equivalent to Hollywood? Tokyo? Tokyo is so much more than movies, there has to be something else...

It doesn't look quite as pretty as FF Spirits within, but it seems what it lacks in visuals, it'll make up for in plot. Cynical translation "The plot won't be improved that much." Not much, but I'm expecting it to be at least a little better than "Spirits Within" but I haven't liked any of Squares ventures into other media that well... Legend of the Crystals, FFU, and Spirits Within... They've all been mediocre...

Anyhow, when the Dub comes out, what names are they gonna use? Will they stick with the American names we're used to (Ex: Cid instead of Shido) or will they use the Japanese originals... That's what happened in "Legend of the Crystals" was they used the Japanese names, so longtime fans got really confused... I learned better, though...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Bobtheduck

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:21 am

I don't expect it to be that great either. All I'm hoping for is:
1) A possibly cool flashback of Sephiroth
2) Cloud perhaps being cool
3) (hopefully) Some good fight coreography

And possibly a good plot, but I'm not holding my breath, though. After the plot of FF7, you'd think that they'd have to put some serious effort into it. Then again, Bobtheduck makes a good point in that Square's excursions into other mediums haven't been exactly stellar. Of course, I'll be seeing it anyway, one way or another.
uc pseudonym

Postby MillyFan » Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:59 pm

Ink: I hope I haven't missed any of these in this thread, but this is spoiler material. Many people know this, but still, guys, be careful with what you post, all right? Some people are still playing the game or want to.

[spoiler=Aeris]
Actually, Aeris *could* be resurrected in FFVII according to a certain site, and there was a very complicated process on how to do it. . .(involving a Level 3 Revive materia, 99 Tissues, the church, and the Forgotten City) but according to this site I've seen (and yes, it did have very realistic-looking screenshots of the process) IT IS POSSIBLE according to this rumor, and it was meant as a plot event. ^^[/spoiler]

In fact, Cloud can even give Aeris a tour of the Highwind. :)

http://www.ffaddiction.co.uk/ff7.php?ff=ff7resaeris

Thanks to doukeshi03 from otakuboards for the banner!

First, Ban all the Trolls. . . :bootout:

Hey, whatever happened to "thou shalt not steal" anyway?

Guess which bishounen is my avatar.
MillyFan

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:52 am

MillyFan wrote: Ink: I hope I haven't missed any of these in this thread, but this is spoiler material. Many people know this, but still, guys, be careful with what you post, all right? Some people are still playing the game or want to.

[spoiler=Aeris]
Actually, Aeris *could* be resurrected in FFVII according to a certain site, and there was a very complicated process on how to do it. . .(involving a Level 3 Revive materia, 99 Tissues, the church, and the Forgotten City) but according to this site I've seen (and yes, it did have very realistic-looking screenshots of the process) IT IS POSSIBLE according to this rumor, and it was meant as a plot event. ^^[/spoiler]

In fact, Cloud can even give Aeris a tour of the Highwind. :)

http://www.ffaddiction.co.uk/ff7.php?ff=ff7resaeris

That was a big hoax... Don't want to go into it, but I've seen it and many like it... It's a hoax.

One way to know for sure is that there is no alternate end sequence... The end revolves around [spoiler=spoiler]Aeris being dead[/spoiler] and for how I know there's no alternate end, there is a way to watch all the movies on your computer... It takes forever to convert the files into a viewable format, but it works eventually...

My friend did what that walkthrough said... he took the time and nothing happened...
Bobtheduck

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment