Saw Phantom last night!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Saw Phantom last night!

Postby Heart of Sword » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:08 am

I saw Phantom of the Opera last night, you know, the stage one. It was awesome! :wow!:

First, I was very happy because Erik (the Phantom) was totally favored over Raoul. Raoul was just plain mean. When Christine didn't want to go to Summer with him, he yelled at her! Then said "Little Lotte" all slyly after he yelled. I wanted to throw something at him.

But I couldn't stop laughing after Erik's demasking... When his mask got pulled off, he looked like he was having a seizure. He was flopping around face-first on the stage like a fish, then he started hauling himself around like a seal. He was wearing leather, so while he was hauling himself, the floor was going "squeeak". "squeeak". "squeeak". It was very...odd. I was cracking up, but not laughing out loud, so I was doubled over, shuddering horribly, so I probably looked like I was crying. ^^;;;

Christine was a wimp and kept squealing. =__=;;; But sometimes I was just getting irritated with her. When she found out that *someone* was the Phantom: "Eeeeeeeeeeeek!!" When she saw Raoul: "Eeeeeeek!" When he kissed her: "Eeek." When she saw the Phantom's face: the biggest "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!" My poor ears.... I almost jumped out of my seat...I felt so bad for the Phantom, having to be right next to the Shrieking Wonder. Maybe that's why he had his hand over his face...he was really covering his ear! :lol:

Not only was Raoul mean, but he was...like...a jock. He had a really stiff walk and was always sticking his chest out. X____x;;; Not to mention he had really freaky chest hair. It looked like in those cartoons when someone has swirlies drawn onto their chest. :lol:

The Phantom was also kinda whiny. Every time he cried, he'd whine. "ChristIiiIIIiIIiIiiIIiiiIIiiIIiIiiiIIIIiiine...!!!!!!" O___o;;; Which made me sad at first, until he kept doing it...

Piangi almost fell off the giant mechanical elephant during the scene of Hannibal. :sweat: I was a little worried about him...

Madame Giry was scary. She reminded me of a really mean nun, and she had this cane that she would bang on the floor when she was angry. She did good, though.

Meg looked like a boy, and had a really strange voice that made my ears bleed. :lol:

I will post more later.
Heart of Sword

Postby Maledicte » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:08 pm

The Phantom in leather? Squealing Christine? Jock Raoul?

...did we see the same musical?
Maledicte

Postby Lynx » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:10 pm

plays are so much better on stage then on dvd. i saw that play in boston.
In my heart's sequestered chambers
Lie truths stripped of poet's gloss...
Lynx

Postby Heart of Sword » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:49 pm

The Phantom in leather? Squealing Christine? Jock Raoul?

...did we see the same musical?

Yes, I think so. :lol: He wasn't wearing all leather, but he was definitely wearing something leatherish, because he was squeaking around on the floor...

plays are so much better on stage then on dvd. i saw that play in boston.

I actually liked the movie. But the stage show was pretty cool!
Heart of Sword

Postby Heart of Sword » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:51 pm

Here is Jock Raoul...sorry for the double post; I can't edit and then put an attachment. =__=

*blarrrgh*
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Heart of Sword

Postby Maledicte » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:21 pm

O_o he DOES look like a jock. That's frightening. I'm glad I got to see a more sympathetic Raoul.

Who played the Phantom, by the way? I got to see Brad Little in the role.
Maledicte

Postby Reba » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:21 am

i love POTO! its awsome!! ^^

[SIZE="1"]A blue, black shade of love.

Sent from above.

[align=center]My hands are tied to worlds
alone,
And this I know.
Your breath's like wine,
And just like clouds, my skin crawls.
It's so divine, the sky it glows with fields of light.
Did you know that I love you?
Come and lay with me.
I love you.
And all this day, I will love you.
You make me feel alive,
and I'll love you
Until the end of time.[/SIZE][/align]
Reba

Postby Heart of Sword » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:20 pm

O_o he DOES look like a jock. That's frightening. I'm glad I got to see a more sympathetic Raoul.

I was okay with it because I...strongly dislike Raoul. I'm a Phantom/Erik "phan". ^^

Here is Gary Mauer (the Phantom) and Christine...I forget who played her:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Heart of Sword

Postby Kisa » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:35 am

My parents saw the play in Sydney and loved it, I recently saw the movie and it was good, but my parents said the play WAY out does the movie, excpet for the relationships and other things are better understood in the movie, cause in the play there is no talking! LOl
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Return to General Entertainment