Worst Disney movie

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby MPX42 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:12 am

bigsleepj wrote:Ah, yes, but Doogal was a British production based on a French puppet-show from the 1960's and 1970s called "The Magic Roundabout". So its not really Disney.
I know.I'm just saying Doogal is worse than ANY Disney movie.
MPX42

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:22 pm

Not including sequals, I can't think of any really bad movies in the disney "masterpiece" collection (Snow White, Pinocchio, Bambi, Sleeping Beauty, Sword in the Stone, and more recently things like Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Lion King...) Actually, the most annoying non sequal disney movie is Pocahontas... Not only was it historically inaccurate, but it convinced numerous people that one of my RELATIVES was a fictional character...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:40 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:Not including sequals, I can't think of any really bad movies in the disney "masterpiece" collection (Snow White, Pinocchio, Bambi, Sleeping Beauty, Sword in the Stone, and more recently things like Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Lion King...)

...I got Snow White when I was 6, and I only watched it once and it bored me to death :/ Tried watching it once a few years ago... same thing... and then again... didn't get too far in till me (and my friends) were already very bored of it :/
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Tarnish » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:28 am

Grayscale Ninja wrote:Alice in Wonderland *shivers* For some reason this movie creeps me out beyond all reason. Gave me nightmares as a kid.

Oh goodness, if that scared you, don't attempt to read the books!

Hmm...worst Disney movie, eh? Well, BESIDES the sequels, I'ma say Snow White, at least as far as their cartoons go. Her voice drove me insane, and the songs were...BLEH. >__<
i draw things

Ponies are for ages six and under.
Tarnish

Postby K. Ayato » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:47 am

I'd have to go with Pocahontas. I read the real story of her life, and was outraged at what the movie did to it.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:57 am

[quote="Grayscale Ninja"]They have books? O-O]

I believe there is 2: Alice in Wonderland and Beyond in the Looking Glass... can't remember what the difference were^^

As for the actual movie, only seen the whole thing ONCE when I was really little.
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Godly Paladin » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:43 pm

All sequels, I would think.
ImageImage
Godly Paladin

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:20 pm

Tenshi no Ai wrote:I believe there is 2: Alice in Wonderland and Beyond in the Looking Glass... can't remember what the difference were^^

As for the actual movie, only seen the whole thing ONCE when I was really little.

The disney Alice in Wonderland incorporated elements of both books. The most prominent element of Through the Looking glass that I can remember being in the disney movie was the Jabberwocky poem. "'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe. All mimsy were the borogroves, and the momeraths outgrabe" There were originally planning on actually having a Jaberwocky in the movie, but they decided it was too scary (Wonder why that didn't keep them from putting Monstro in Pinocchio and having the evil fairy transform in Sleeping Beauty)

It's very easy to get the two stories mixed up, though... I think the Red Queen and the cards may have been in "Through the Looking Glass" too, but I'm not sure...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm

Orenji wrote:Oh goodness, if that scared you, don't attempt to read the books!

Hmm...worst Disney movie, eh? Well, BESIDES the sequels, I'ma say Snow White, at least as far as their cartoons go. Her voice drove me insane, and the songs were...BLEH. >__<

Ooo! I'll haveta read those!
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Rogie » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:52 pm

Tenshi no Ai wrote:You should watch it soon and tell us how that one went... being a sequel to one of the best Disney movies ever, I'm interested to know if it's at least SOMEWHAT just as good as the first.

Rogie-san wrote:Okie-dokie. I've actually got some free time this week, so I'm planning on watching a couple of movies. I'll try and make sure I watch Kronk and give my comments on it here. :thumb:

Well, I just finished watching "Kronk's New Groove," and I have to say, it is definitely the best Disney sequel to a cartoon I've ever seen. Honestly, it's very funny; I was cracking up through the whole movie. Now it's not as good as "Emperor's New Groove," but it isn't lacking in quality either.

I would heartily recommend "Kronk" to anyone who's a fan of the first movie. And I was wrong: the ENTIRE cast returned for the sequel, which really helps. It also makes fun of itself and of Disney, which is just nice; they even include one villain song just to throw you off into thinking it's one of those Disney animated musicals.

However, I was surprised by the amount of "risque" material, too. One old guy is even naked throughout an entire scene; nothing's shown, but it's still rather surprising for a G movie. It's funny, but surprising. Plus, tons of innuendo, more than I've seen in a Disney cartoon, I think.

Overall, great, and should not be included on this thread as one of Disney's worst movies. It's good. Watch it. :thumb:
Zar wrote:Praise God for all things awesome. Life ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But sanctify the Lord your God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
-- 1 Peter 3:15
Rogie

Postby Wave » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:52 pm

Hm...That's a tough one. I'm going to say Bamby. Or maby Brother Bear.
Wave

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:00 pm

Rogie-san wrote:
Overall, great, and should not be included on this thread as one of Disney's worst movies. It's good. Watch it. :thumb:

That's great! ^^ Maybe I'll rent it one of these days soon to watch with my friends, since we already watched the first on together. I was actually expecting that this one would be a little different... just because of the taste in humor in the first.
Tenshi no Ai

Postby MPX42 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:20 pm

soul alive wrote:And the *twitch* sequels. Ugh. I'll repeat what I said in the 'Mulan' thread: 'I am not a fan of the "I-swear-we're-not-out-to-con-parents-who-don't-know-any-better-than-to-buy-this-crap-for-their-kids" sequels Disney comes out with.'
Seriously. Though, the sequel that made me somewhat mad was the 'Bambi' sequel, whose sole purpose seems to be giving Bambi's father a better image. :shady:
Oh,yeah.I forgot to mention the sequels.I don't blame you for hating the sequels.The second Tarzan movie.....I was lucky it was a rental.
The following post has been MPX42's two cents.Strangly,after every single post he does,he gives two cents to random people. :hits_self

It's reported that 98% of the population has been roundhouse kicked by Chuck Norris at least once in their lives.If you're among the 2% that haven't,copy and paste this in your sig.
MPX42

Postby yukinon » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:34 pm

I am definitely not happy about the Bambi sequel. It just seems to be revealing a story element that was better left unknown.
9&&|(=|()v&
yukinon

Postby Tommy » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:21 pm

I saw a little.
For a Disney sequel, it was good.

It still ruined the original though.
Tommy

Postby CephasWhite » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:21 pm

I agree. Sometimes some movies should be left without having a sequal.

Maybe they're running out of ideas. *shrugs*
Two Steps From Hell - Tristan <--(click)
†††††††††††††
We have been here long enough to know
That we are all brothers and sisters in Christ,
So if you are in need of help,
We shall give you His advice.

May God add his blessings upon you,
That you will live this day and forever,
And when He comes to the earth again,
We will all go together...

Into Heaven for Eternity...

[SIZE="5"][color="Green"]M[/color][color="Red"]E[/color][color="Green"]R[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]Y[/color] [color="Red"]C[/color][color="Green"]H[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]I[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]T[/color][color="Red"]M[/color][color="Green"]A[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]![/color][color="Red"]![/color][color="Green"]![/color][/SIZE]
CephasWhite

Postby Sai » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:44 pm

Somehow i have always been bored with Pinocchio when i have tried to watch it.
"Bother"
Sai

Postby oro! » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:51 pm

Most anything recent would be on my list of worst Disney films. They seem to be the same story told in a hundred different settings and times. That can be good, like Treasure Planet, but also pretty low, too.
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby yukinon » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:58 am

I looooved Treasure Planet. It may be a retelling of Treasure Island in a different time/setting, but I still thought it was pretty innovative for Disney. There were methods and themes they'd never really tackled before. And it's also unusual to have a male protagonist. Disney has that whole princess thing going on, you know.
9&&|(=|()v&
yukinon

Postby Sai » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:42 pm

Oh yeah, I didn't like Chicken Little, if that counts.
"Bother"
Sai

Postby MomoAdachi » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:28 pm

I'm only gonna vote out of the classic, cel-animated features, since I haven't seen most of the CGI wants and I don't want to. :eyeroll:

Here are, IMO, the top five worst Disney 2D animated films:
(1) The Black Cauldron
(2) Sword In The Stone
(3) Atlantis: The Lost Empire
(4) Home On The Range
(5) Lilo & Stitch
Non-Christian Anti-Hentai Grrl
#1 Dubbed Sailor Moon Fan!
#1 Peach Girl Fan!

98% of the teenage population does or have tried smoking pot. If you are one of the 2% who haven't, copy or paste this in your signature.
MomoAdachi

Previous

Return to General Entertainment