Soon to be a major motion picture...

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby The Last Bard » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:41 pm

This could be intresting...I've read a bit of the book but haven't finished it yet. It did seem like it would make a pretty good movie if done right.
And I'm suprised; They aren't getting first time actors. Impressive.

But from the sounds of the movies they've played in I don't know how "Christian" this movie will be.
The Last Bard

Postby That Dude » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:28 pm

Honestly I'd like it to be a little less "christian" than most christian movies. Because honestly how many GOOD christian movies have you seen? There are very few...I think that christians should strive to put out the best and they don't seem to be doing that with movies...I'm sorry if this causes any trouble...Don't fight over this ya'll, it's just my opinion. Anyway I hope this movie comes out near me.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:47 pm

NOTICE!: The following post was made by Yumie, not mangafanatic. I was still accidentally logged in as my sister. Curse computer sharing.

That Dude wrote:Honestly I'd like it to be a little less "christian" than most christian movies. Because honestly how many GOOD christian movies have you seen? There are very few...I think that christians should strive to put out the best and they don't seem to be doing that with movies...I'm sorry if this causes any trouble...Don't fight over this ya'll, it's just my opinion. Anyway I hope this movie comes out near me.

Don't worry, I totally understand what you're saying. Most Christian movies slaughter all traces of a plot just to get the message across, and wind up losing their audience in the process. I'd rather have an interesting movie with undertones of Christianity that keeps the audience interested, rather than one that screams "JESUS LOVES YOU!!!!!!" and has the audience running for the door.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:50 pm

Thr3e in itself is a Christian book, but pretty subtle in the way it approaches it. So I don't think there's anything to fear with the movie in that department.
Any trailers anywhere? And release dates?
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby The Last Bard » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:59 pm

I know what you're saying. I was just suprised by some of the other movies they've starred in.
Yeah, I sadly can't think of any christian movie besides The Passion and Narnia that are any good.
So now that you mention it, I guess I don't want it to be too christian, in the sense that no one would want to see it.
I just don't want the christian message to be distorted. That is never any good.

But I have the feeling this movie might be good. I'll just have to wait and see. ;)
The Last Bard

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:04 pm

Luther was very well done.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby The Last Bard » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:09 pm

I didn't see that. I'll have to check it out!
The Last Bard

Postby That Dude » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:56 pm

Yeah I agree with ya'll. I definately don't like people messing with the gospel but entertainment of the christian veriety is usually at it's best when the people are giving it their all. God shines through with that and more people like it.

Anyway I'm not really worrying about this movie being too "christian" but I just hope that it's done better than most christian movies and doesn't have the made for TV feel that a lot of christian movies have.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Previous

Return to General Entertainment