American Idol Season 5

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

American Idol Season 5

Postby meboeck » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:36 am

I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread about this yet. I'm sure a lot of you are watching, so what do you think? I for one am excited about the top twelve. Mandisa is one of my favorites. She is waaaaaay awesome! As far as the guys go, Ace is probably going to stay for a long time. I personally thing Kevin is pretty much only still on because he's getting the adorableness vote. And they're doing Stevie Wonder songs this week! It should be really awesome!
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby Needle Noggin » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:48 am

Go young wildebeest
for you must gallop yonder
mayonaise amen
Needle Noggin

Postby Lynx » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:51 am

i've been watching when i have a chance. There's a lot of talent!
In my heart's sequestered chambers
Lie truths stripped of poet's gloss...
Lynx

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:33 am

I never get to watch it (conflicting shows! Please, Wednesdays at 9, I am SO occupied XD), but I did get to see some of the auditions on youtube.com. XD And man, they were pret-ty funny. :lol:
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:26 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:I never get to watch it (conflicting shows! Please, Wednesdays at 9, I am SO occupied XD), but I did get to see some of the auditions on youtube.com. XD And man, they were pret-ty funny. :lol:

...heh one guy doing Jigglypuff :/ Sad, actually.

My family's been rooting for the one dude (forget name) with the premature grey hair... interesting character he is.
Tenshi no Ai

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:58 pm

I don't watch.I think the entire thing is stupid waste of time.
mitsuki lover

Postby meboeck » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:01 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:I don't watch.I think the entire thing is stupid waste of time.

Then why did you bother to post in my thread?

[/color]
meboeck

Postby Mega.EXE » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:57 pm

That makes sense but ever since brenna and "sway" left I don' really hate anyone anymore but I don' like anyone that much either
Mega.EXE

Postby Yumie » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:47 pm

I think that the top four are going to be Paris, Kelly, Ace, and Chris. I think Kelly will get in there more on personality than on voice, because while she's not the best singer in the competition, she's just so darn adorable!

And MitsukiLover, do not think your post went unnoticed. I don't understand why you feel the need to come into other people's threads just to bash things that they enjoy, but I plan to mention it to the staff.
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Yumie

Postby KBMaster » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:21 am

I want Chris to win! American Idol has never had a rocker this good! Other than him, though, I like Mandisa, Kelly, Elliot, and Taylor. I'm kinda not liking Paris anymore. Like Kevin, her head gets bigger every week.
I hope Ace gets far, but doesn't win. While I hate pop, he's got a good voice.
KBMaster

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:50 am

KBMaster wrote: Like Kevin, her head gets bigger every week.

I don't notice the heads... but did you see the "Kevin is Heaven" poster? oy... Although I do agree on the poster it mentioned "Chicken Little" and yeah he looks alot like him. But then kevin proclaimed himself to be the "sex symbol" of the show last night... oy my... :/ As far as I'm concerned all the good lookers were booted off a while ago :/

*wonder who'll get booted off tonight* And I wonder just what colour of hair Taylor's gunna go for if he's still around.
Tenshi no Ai

Postby meboeck » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:21 am

I am surprised to say that I am liking Taylor more and more. And I hopw he doesn't let the stylists change his hair too much. Unfortunately, I had a night class last night and had to miss the first half of the show. Luckily, that was my last class, so I will be free on Tuesday nights for the rest of the competition.

[/color]
meboeck

Postby freerock1 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:58 am

Last night really showed the separation between the top tier and the rest of the pack. Katherine, Paris, Taylor, Mandisa*, and Chris really showed themselves on a whole other level from the rest of the competition, IMHO. (Mandisa gets a * since last night wasn't her best performance, but she's consistently shown herself to be in that top tier of performers.)

My picks for the top 2 right now are Mandisa and Chris, although last night I thought Paris and Taylor outperformed them. And I think any of the 5 mentioned have a definite shot at the final.
Theme Scripture: Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. (Galatians 5:1)

And a verse for all us single folks: Do we have no right to take along a believing wife, as do also the other apostles, the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas? (1 Corinthians 9:5)

:dance: Looking for a GOOD music mix? Check out these stations:
Grey FM Heartland -- a mix of Country and Contemporary Christian music (Listen Now!)
Grey FM Downtown -- a mix of mainstream and Christian pop and rock music (Listen Now!)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Location: In your computer speakers, if you're listening to ChargeRadio.com

Postby Rocketshipper » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:46 pm

I don't know how this topic managed to slip past me ^^. I don't ever remember seeing it when I came into this forum, but I did notice the other AI topic.

Anyway, my favorite performers this season are Taylor and Paris. Chris is good too. Don't really care much about the others anymore.

But then kevin proclaimed himself to be the "sex symbol" of the show last night... oy my... :/

Blame Paula for that, she said it first, after one of his performances ^^
Jessie and James, together forever!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!! Save me!!

Eternal Defender of Tracey Sketchit. If you are a Brock lover, beware ^_^

"Like the moon over
the day, my genius and brawn
are lost on these fools"-Bowser, Super Mario RPG

Confused about the meaning of the screen name??

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/RocketShipping

Go here and be enlightened ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Click the above link...I dare you.

http://community.livejournal.com/ship_manifesto/87185.html

The best essay on Junzumi shipping ever ^^.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rocketshipper
Rocketshipper

Postby MPX42 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:23 am

Tenshi no Ai wrote:My family's been rooting for the one dude (forget name) with the premature grey hair... interesting character he is.
Me too!I hope he wins!I wonder why Simon picks on him....

I'm watching tonight's episode,so I can find out his name.
The following post has been MPX42's two cents.Strangly,after every single post he does,he gives two cents to random people. :hits_self

It's reported that 98% of the population has been roundhouse kicked by Chuck Norris at least once in their lives.If you're among the 2% that haven't,copy and paste this in your sig.
MPX42

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:38 am

MPX42 wrote:Me too!I hope he wins!I wonder why Simon picks on him....

Taylor it is (now that I've seen the show enough to remember). Heh funny with last week's "you remind me of a drunk dad at a wedding! It's a compliment!"
And I believe they're singing 50's songs tonight... should be more interesting than last week's I would hope.
Tenshi no Ai

Postby SVD997 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:35 pm

My favorite is Chris. I like his unique voice and the way he makes the songs he sings his own. My other favorite is Mandisa. She not only has a good voice, but I like her pesonality too.
Looking for that blessed hope and the glorious appearing of that great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.
~Titus 2:13

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
SVD997

Postby MPX42 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:54 am

Tenshi no Ai wrote:Taylor it is (now that I've seen the show enough to remember). Heh funny with last week's "you remind me of a drunk dad at a wedding! It's a compliment!"
And I believe they're singing 50's songs tonight... should be more interesting than last week's I would hope.
Yeah,he was very good,but I think some of his moves were unnessary.Still didn't give Simon a right to say THAT to him....
The following post has been MPX42's two cents.Strangly,after every single post he does,he gives two cents to random people. :hits_self

It's reported that 98% of the population has been roundhouse kicked by Chuck Norris at least once in their lives.If you're among the 2% that haven't,copy and paste this in your sig.
MPX42

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:49 pm

MPX42 wrote:Yeah,he was very good,but I think some of his moves were unnessary.Still didn't give Simon a right to say THAT to him....

I didn't really get to see much of the show, either than hear the music, but I do remember that Simon TOTALLY dissed him! What did he say anyways?
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Inferno » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:53 pm

Ah good old AI, this is the only year ive really been interested in it. And that is mainly do to the fact that Chris and Mandisa are so amazing!!!! This is the first year AI has had a good quality rocker. Last year they had Constintine and Bo back Christ is just a step up! And Mandisa had the courage to stand up to Simon and forgive him this is her exact word, "What you said to me really hurt my feeling, but if Jesus Christ can die for my sins I think I can forgive you." And she said it on live TV! That's just amazing.
"rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

METAL!!! :rock:

Member of headbangers united! \m/ >,< \m/

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:45 am

Inferno wrote:And Mandisa had the courage to stand up to Simon and forgive him this is her exact word, "What you said to me really hurt my feeling, but if Jesus Christ can die for my sins I think I can forgive you." And she said it on live TV! That's just amazing.

Wow... that's great^^ (And amazing that they actually aired her saying that, cause ya know...)

BTW I missed last night's "kick off" ep. So who did bite the dust this time?
Tenshi no Ai

Postby ~BlueRose~ » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:16 pm

Tenshi no Ai wrote:So who did bite the dust this time?

<.<.....>.> I don't wanna spoil it for anyone if they have it taped, and are gonna watch it tonight....is there anyone who doesn't know who got voted off, or doesn't want to know?
Avoid truth decay,
read your Bible.

Let no one look down on your youthfulness, but rather in speech, conduct, love, faith and purity, show yourself an example of those who believe. [1Timothy 4:12]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://followingtheson.deviantart.com/
~BlueRose~

Postby White » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:50 pm

I'm Very Dissapointed In Last Night's Episode, Mainly About Who They Kicked Off

Your Bro In Christ,

White
White

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:56 pm

~BlueRose~ wrote:is there anyone who doesn't know who got voted off, or doesn't want to know?

You can always use spoiler tags: [ s p o i l e r ] text here [ / s p o i l e r ]
(spaced out so you can see what it is)
Tenshi no Ai

Postby ~BlueRose~ » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:14 pm

:D Oh ok!

[spoiler] Kevin Covais got kicked off last night. The bottom 3 were Bucky, Lisa, and Kevin. For once my family and I beleived that was a totally resonable choice for the bottom 3![/spoiler]

Hehe
Avoid truth decay,
read your Bible.

Let no one look down on your youthfulness, but rather in speech, conduct, love, faith and purity, show yourself an example of those who believe. [1Timothy 4:12]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~BlueRose~

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:18 pm

~BlueRose~ wrote:
[spoiler] Kevin Covais got kicked off last night. The bottom 3 were Bucky, Lisa, and Kevin. For once my family and I beleived that was a totally resonable choice for the bottom 3![/spoiler]

Wow those were decent choices.... and I'm actually glad they kicked off "that person"^^ I was really wondering how long "that person" would last for :/
Tenshi no Ai

Postby White » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:29 pm

Just Watch The Ratings Go Down Since "That Person" Got Kicked Off...

Your Bro In Christ,

White
White

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:34 pm

White wrote:Just Watch The Ratings Go Down Since "That Person" Got Kicked Off...

Why would that be? [spoiler] Cause all the 10 yr old fangirls thought he was "cute"? I'm sorry, but every season, (well, mostly the first 2 when they had Justin Gurini and Clay Aiken) the girl's have werid tastes for who the "hot guy of the show" is :/ Yeah I know it's about the singing, but even then I wasn't the biggest fan^^ [/spoiler]
Tenshi no Ai

Postby ~BlueRose~ » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:41 pm

WHITE! You crazy person! *hits White with paper fan*
I think "that person" should've been kicked off even before Kennik, Melissa and esepcially Will!!!! *cries in sleeve* What is America doing?!

Plus, Vote For the Worst was voting for "this person", and America totally overruled the people who dislike AI! GO AI FANS!!

But anyway, I haven't watched much of the top 12, because my favorite AI contestant got out right before it....yeah. *can't say name or will cry again* But Mandissa is AWESOME, and the most godly person in all the AI seasons!
Avoid truth decay,
read your Bible.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~BlueRose~

Postby meboeck » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:00 pm

I actually correctly predicted this week's bottom three and the person who would get kicked off, so I am not at all surprised or disappointed. And I think the other two who were in the bottom three will probably be the next two to get kicked off. About the actual singing, the girls were amazing this week! I wasn't so big on Lisa's performance, but overall I think the girls definitely outsang the guys this week. If course who knows how everyone will do next week? Apparently next week's theme will be 21st century, so the songs will all be relatively new.

[/color]
meboeck

Next

Return to General Entertainment