Soon to be a major motion picture...

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Soon to be a major motion picture...

Postby Ssjjvash » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:34 pm

I saw it in the store!! On the book!!

Soon to be a major motion picture----

Thr3e by Ted Dekker

:jump: :jump: :dance: :dance:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! I can't wait!
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone
And so hold on when there is nothing left in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!' ...you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling

Satan, bite the dust!Image

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Proverbs 18:24
Ssjjvash

Postby Felix » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:57 pm

O_________O ARE YOU FRIGGIN SERIOUS?!! OH MY GOSH YAAAAAY! ^_________^ That's gonna be sooooooo cool!!!!!!!! *passes out* x_x
Felix

Postby Rogie » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:50 pm

Wow, that's really cool! But are we talking MAJOR motion picture, as in major studio picking it up, or are we talking indy film distributed like other Christian movies?

Maybe it's too soon to tell???
Zar wrote:Praise God for all things awesome. Life ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But sanctify the Lord your God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
-- 1 Peter 3:15
Rogie

Postby Arnobius » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:10 pm

Thr3e? Will it be directed by the guy who did Se7en?
Arnobius

Postby Maledicte » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:27 pm

AnimeHeretic wrote:Thr3e? Will it be directed by the guy who did Se7en?

:lol:

This ought to be very interesting. The movie, I mean. I hope some of the dialogue is altered, as sometimes it doesn't quite sound realistic in the book.
Maledicte

Postby TurkishMonky » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:59 am

if it's done well, i'd like to see it.
TurkishMonky

Postby Ssjjvash » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:12 am

Yeah, I hope they did it well. I hope it won't be low budget. that would be kinda' disappointing, since the book is teh r0x0rz

Rudyard Kipling

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Ssjjvash

Postby Rogie » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:34 pm

Y'know, I was actually thinking, though: The book, while considered Christian fiction doesn't necessarily deal with Christian themes very much, at least not overtly. So a major studio could easily get away with making the movie and removing any traces of Christian themes.

That would be unfortunate, however, but I'm thinking that Ted Dekker and/or the publishers of the book might prevent that, if possible.

But sanctify the Lord your God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
Rogie

Postby Tommy » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:57 pm

Can someone explain what this book is about?
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby K. Ayato » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:39 pm

I've not read the book myself, but I saw a description of it in a Christian fiction catalogue, and it sounds like Phone Booth, in my opinion at least.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Rachel » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:42 pm

Dude!! That's freakin' awesome!
:rock: I mourn for those who never knew you

Click here for kick booty music!!

American by birth, Texan by the grace of God

This is where you can find me if I'm not on for a while
Rachel

Postby Ssjjvash » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:24 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:Can someone explain what this book is about?

It is a story of good, evil, and everything that lies between. (<<<paraphrased from the back of the book)

The main character, Kevin, gets a phone call one day from a guy who says that if he does not confess his sin, his car will blow up in 3 minutes. Kevin has no clue what sin the guy is talking about. He enlists the help of a childhood friend who is involved with the police. And there is another agent helping him too. Kevin soon learns the guy who called him is linked to his past. The stakes rise higher as bigger things, like buildings, start to blow up.

Does this help, or did I misunderstand your question?

Rudyard Kipling

Ssjjvash

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:59 am

I fear for this wonderful book. If this movie were being produced by a large studio with a decent budget, I would have more faith in it. Unfortunately, it's being released by a Christian movie production studio, the same one who did Frank Peretti's "Hangman's Curse Movie". Yes, I am afraid.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Rogie » Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:38 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:I fear for this wonderful book. If this movie were being produced by a large studio with a decent budget, I would have more faith in it. Unfortunately, it's being released by a Christian movie production studio, the same one who did Frank Peretti's "Hangman's Curse Movie". Yes, I am afraid.

Oh, well. I guess I won't be seeing this one. *sigh* And I was hoping that if this did well by a major studio, then we could possibly get the Circle Trilogy by Dekker on the big screen as well. Talk about three great action-packed films there!

Back to the drawing board, right? :sweat:

Rogie

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:34 am

This movie will need a much bigger budget than Hangman's Curse. That said The Visitation by Frank Peretti has been made by the same studio and apparently its a huge improvement over Hangman's Curse (and not just because of the source material - book).
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Mangafanatic » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:47 am

I wonder if there are any budget figures available for either of the films. Such numbers would be telling, in my opinion.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:30 am

Don't know. Phone Booth is a similar concept (don't know which came first Thr3e or it). But its a more simple story and is reported to have cost about $5 million US.
I thought Phone Booth was very good (if all the swearing was removed and the hooker comments) other than that it was brilliant!
I think if Thr3e was done properly it would be a great movie, but there's a lot more to it than Phone Booth. I'm guessing the budget would have to be at least $10 million US to pull off. In the meantime I'm waiting for Frank Peretti's: The Visitation movie.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby KBMaster » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:27 am

Hmmm, I'm a bit skeptical about this, but I just watched Harry Potter last night.
The movie is never as good as the book, simply for the fact that they twist dialogue around, add parts, omit parts, put part over THERE when it's supposed to be over HERE. I think it may be one of those movies that I sit down and point out every mistake they made. You can't fit a novel that it takes two days to read into a 2 hour movie. It just can't be done.
I'll probably rent it when it comes out though. Lol. It might be worth something.
KBMaster

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:48 am

2 days to read?!! It took me probably 5 hours and that can be cut down to a two hour movie. Its hard but quite possible.
Sometimes movies are better than their book counterparts, but not often at all.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Pent » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:51 am

You know what else is going to a "major motion picture" now? "House" (The new book by Ted Dekker and Frank Perreti)!!! Although I have a feeling people will say it's a rip off of "Saw" (sounds alot like it from the description on Teddekker.com).

But that isn't even in production yet. For now I want to see Thr3e and The Visitation.
Pent

Postby That Dude » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:35 pm

It was only a matter of time before it was released as a movie. Ted Dekker writes almost like a script writer...
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:11 pm

never read the book but i have been wanting too next stop a movie based on the Oath i mean come on that has top-selling horror/suspense movie written all over it
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Yumie » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:16 pm

Somehow, I really doubt that House would turn out looking like a rip-off of saw, simply because Ted and Frank are too good to write rip-offs on their own, and especially when they're working together.

Have you guys seen pictures of the cast yet? I've seen a picture of the guy who is going to play Kevin and a picture of the guy who is going to play Slater, and they look pretty good! I also saw a picture of a girl who COULD be playing Samantha, but I'm not sure because I think the person I saw would be too old. Cause like, one of the pictures I saw looked like it was from the 80's and that she was in her late teens-- which would make her what, at least close to her 40s now? Yikes! Maybe she plays Balinda. . .

Well, I hope beyond hope that it's good, but Ted himself said that the budget isn't what it could be (though he did sound pleased at some of the footage he saw,) so I'm trying not to expect too much. I at least hope they don't outright slaughter it though. If they even stick to the storyline and keep the intelligent character building, they should be OK. . . I hope. . .

Man, I know I have more information about this that I can't remember, like who wrote the script (I'm a member of Ted's website so I get e-mail updates,) but if I think of stuff later I'll mention it.
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Yumie

Postby Locke » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:31 pm

All hail IMDB!

http://imdb.com/title/tt0486028/

Slater looks sooo cool. And Kevin fits the character almost perfectly.
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby Ssjjvash » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:08 pm

*hails IMBD!*
Oh so sweet! I cannot wait to see this movie!

Rudyard Kipling

Ssjjvash

Postby Yumie » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:05 pm

*Cries* Samantha is a brunette. . . and doesn't have blue eyes. . .

I hate when movie character's appearances contradict the profile of the characters in the books. Totally messes me up. Oh well, with what they can do with a little dye, makeup, and a pair of contacts these days, all hope may not be lost. :D

And I still like the guy they picked to play Kevin. He's pretty much as good as they could have gotten.
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Yumie

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:35 pm

When's Thr3e coming out? And where are you finding photos of the characters?
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:21 am

whoa that does sound like it'll make a good movie. and from comments above i am taking it that hangmans curse wasn't very good. also as a side note anyon e actually seen the visitation cuz i want to but i have heard that it got really twisted and changed from the book
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Zilch » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:12 am

SWEETNESS!

...ahem...

yay.
Uh-oh! Your sig have started to move! -- MOES.

I suppose you could find females attracted to you if you stop being bad at flirting. -MSP
Zilch

Postby Tommy » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:22 pm

Ssjjvash wrote:
The main character, Kevin, gets a phone call one day from a guy who says that if he does not confess his sin, his car will blow up in 3 minutes. up.

0_0

Now I`m afraid about how this movie will turn out.

MF: Hangman`s Curse was an awesome movie. FO SHIZZLE!
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Next

Return to General Entertainment