Superbowl XL Commercials

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby termyt » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:25 pm

Horrible mention? Perhaps, but it wasn't nearly as creepy as the monster-robot love commercial. *shivers* Does that make the new Hummer infertile?

The "That killed him" commercial was a classic. I don't remember the one that followed, either. It probably wasn't worthy, though.

I like Jackie Chan, but the Pepsi commercials were lame. However, a thought occured to me. If Diet Coke is Diet Pepsi's stunt man, does that mean the Diet Pepsi is all show while Diet Coke is the selfless one doing all of the hard work?
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Yojimbo » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:04 pm

Emerald Nuts, The Magic Fridge, and the Bear commercial were the funniest in my book.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Scribs » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:05 pm

Horrible mention? Perhaps, but it wasn't nearly as creepy as the monster-robot love commercial.

I must concur on the creepyness of that comercial...
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Doubleshadow » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:25 pm

Ah, the commercials I forgot. The streaker lamb commercial did too much, I think. The football one with the girl got the most laughs out of our group I would say. The Hummer commercial was just weird. I literally rolled my eyes at that one. All the guys thought the Emerald Nuts commercial was hysterical, it did not do much for me. The "that killed him" commercial was not funny to me; I could not help but think it would be obvious they did not kill the patient. I was too busy trying to place the song in the Dove commercial to really think about the commercial itself, but I did temporarily wonder just where they were going with it. I did like the commercial with all the fans supporting their favorite teams. The little girl wearing the "anybody but Dallas" shirt sparked a minor debate in the lounge. The Fabio commercial was also hystercial, I was wavering between taking the commercial seriously and waiting for the low hanging bridge to scrape Fabio off the gondola.
PS- They hid the ping pong table this year.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Rjdreamer » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:44 pm

I loved the one where the Clydsdale foal looked at the old pictures of former budwiser Clydsdales, then got into the harness and tryed to pull the wagon himself. And when the parents helped out from behind, and the farmer said to the dog 'I won't tell if you won't.'!!! So cute!
(\_/)
(O.o) Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
(> <) Help Him Achieve World Domination...

Lee: "I never want to see the tears of an important person again...So, I will never lose again, Gai sensei!"

To do evil that good may come of it is for bunglers.~William Penn

Hiei: "As much as I hate the humans, I think I loathe the tourists even more.

"Everything you say is TEDIOUS!!!"~Sesshoumaru-sama

Never post faster than your guardian angel can read.

Life is fragile, handle with prayer.

I have a Savior and i'm not afraid to use Him!
Rjdreamer

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:17 pm

Rjdreamer wrote:I loved the one where the Clydsdale foal looked at the old pictures of former budwiser Clydsdales, then got into the harness and tryed to pull the wagon himself. And when the parents helped out from behind, and the farmer said to the dog 'I won't tell if you won't.'!!! So cute!

I'm liking this commercial more and more... its so cute.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby CDLviking » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:52 pm

[quote="Doubleshadow"]The "that killed him" commercial was not funny to me]
It was all about comedic timing and the look on the families face.
CDLviking

Postby termyt » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:57 am

CDLviking wrote:It was all about comedic timing and the look on the families face.

When he picked up those paddles, I was afraid he really was going to kill the guy. The ending they did do was much better.

The "Anybody but Dallas" shirt got a roar of approval in my crowd. My brother was a Cowboys fan in the 70's, but he will not root for them again until Jerry Jones is no longer the owner.
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:05 am

CDLviking wrote:Does no one remember the Ameriquest "That killed him" commercial. The entire seminary was laughing so hard that we didn't even catch the commercial that followed it.

That was a fairly memorable one, it just didn't get high on my list because it had only one funny moment. The timing was good, but I personally think it could have been better.

termyt wrote:I don't remember the one that followed, either. It probably wasn't worthy, though.

It wasn't. I remember that it was boring and that is about it.

[quote="Doubleshadow"]The "that killed him" commercial was not funny to me]
Definitely not as good a setup as the cat last year, in any case.
uc pseudonym

Postby Scribs » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:03 pm

Definitely not as good a setup as the cat last year, in any case.

Now that was a Superbowl comercial.
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Archan » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:51 pm

I luved the Fed-Ex commercial, but anyone whose known me long enough could have guessed that. :sweat:

The Jackie Chan/Pepsi commercial was kinda fun too, I luved Pepsi's stunt double.....

Then there was the Sierra Mist commercial with Kathy....

Good times, good times.
God Bless,
Archan
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

Postby freerock1 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:23 pm

termyt wrote:I like Jackie Chan, but the Pepsi commercials were lame. However, a thought occured to me. If Diet Coke is Diet Pepsi's stunt man, does that mean the Diet Pepsi is all show while Diet Coke is the selfless one doing all of the hard work?

:thumb:
Theme Scripture: Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. (Galatians 5:1)

And a verse for all us single folks: Do we have no right to take along a believing wife, as do also the other apostles, the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas? (1 Corinthians 9:5)

:dance: Looking for a GOOD music mix? Check out these stations:
Grey FM Heartland -- a mix of Country and Contemporary Christian music (Listen Now!)
Grey FM Downtown -- a mix of mainstream and Christian pop and rock music (Listen Now!)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Location: In your computer speakers, if you're listening to ChargeRadio.com

Postby soul alive » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:54 pm

Burger King the musical commercial was the creepiest by far. Our group just sat gaping at the screen, horrified that someone conceptualized that in the first place, let alone made it and put it on tv.

The Pizza Hut Jessica Simpson commercial was pretty bad as well.

My favorites for 'aww' factor were the Budwiesser colt commercial and the 'I'm goin' to Disneyland!' commercial. And since 4 out of 5 of us were girls, there were a lot of 'awwww's.'

The FedEx commercial and the one where the woman gets tackled were the funniest, especially reaction-wise in our group.

I almost didn't recognize Richard Dean Anderson, so I was all 'huh?' at the beginning of the MacGyver commercial.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby CDLviking » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:00 pm

soul alive wrote:And since 4 out of 5 of us were girls,

I feel kind of sorry for that guy. It just doesn't seem right to be the only guy at a Super Bowl party.
CDLviking

Postby soul alive » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:07 pm

We felt sorry for him as well. XD It isn't right to be the only guy, nor is it right to watch the super bowl on a 13" tv. But we did both, horrible people that we are. ;)
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby CDLviking » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:52 pm

We watched ours on a 50' wall. :sweat:
CDLviking

Postby soul alive » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:54 pm

XD wow.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:58 am

CDLviking wrote:We watched ours on a 50' wall. :sweat:

Wow..projectors ROCK.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:26 pm

We had a projector as well. If not for the fact that others were noisy, I wouldn't have even had to leave the snack table for the commercials, just turned around.

How many of you have seen Superbowl commercials on normal television? I always leave during the commercials (the opposite of the Superbowl, oddly enough), so I've only seen two that came on right after the program I was watching. Are there quite a few of them being aired again?

It makes sense, though. In addition to getting popularity from people who saw it the first time or only heard about it, it doesn't make sense to only air an expensive commercial once.
uc pseudonym

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:34 pm

I've been seeing some of them as of late being rerun.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby termyt » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:48 am

Emerald Nuts is a sponsor of the Olympics as well, so the Druid commercial and others are being aired on the NBC channels.

I've also seen different versions of the Burger King commercial.
termyt

Postby soul alive » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:59 am

Yes, there is another Burger King musical commercial with 'extra cheese.' *cringes* The horror. I twitched every time another girl landed on the sandwich, giving a little "oooo." :shady:

I have also seen a few others on.

:edit: Err, I was unclear, I meant a few other Super Bowl commercials, not BK commercials. eh-heh ^_^;;;
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Postby MPX42 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:00 pm

I died laughing at the Sprint Couch commerical.
MPX42

Postby Doubleshadow » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:06 pm

Different versions of the Burger King commercial? That is so absurd, but then again that is the idea. I haven't seen them yet, but only see TV at college when I am in the Christian center.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby termyt » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:44 am

MPX42 wrote:I died laughing at the Sprint Couch commerical.

Me, too. I loved that commercial as well. Two of my top favorites were the Sprint commercials.
termyt

Previous

Return to General Entertainment