Torino 2006

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Torino 2006

Postby Kisa » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:01 pm

I can't beleive there is no thread on this!
Who else is loving watching the olympics as much as I am?
Whats your favs to watch?
I like the skiing, snowboardning, hockey, figure skating, speed skating... well OK I think all of it, but you get the idea.
That guy from TX was awesome who just picked up speed skating 4 years ago!
So sad about Kwan having to withdraw...
The snowboarding is so awesome and Shaun White (Flying Tomato) is so like ..dude.. lol
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby TurkishMonky » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:13 pm

i've watched a ton of the olympics so far. comments:

i liked snowboarding, skiing, speed skating, and luge (i didn't watch much figure skating nor hockey)

the fireworks in the opening program were teh awesome!

that one figure skating incident with the chinese team was incredible! 2nd place on a hurt ankle!
TurkishMonky

Postby Ingemar » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:56 pm

I'm not much for sports in general but....

Was I the only one picturing Osaka figure skating with Yuki? (inside joke)
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:57 pm

I've been following the results on the news and Tv Guide channel.Not really watching this year.
mitsuki lover

Postby Doubleshadow » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:30 pm

I have no TV so I am watching in snippets. I like the ice skating and skiing. The Americans are doing somewhat oddly this year, but barring a good competitor form the US, I root for Italy.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:59 pm

I'm having a good time watching it here and there. Man, how 'bout that Apolo Ohno? It's too bad he screwed up in that one race, but I can't help rooting for the guy because he's smokin' hot. :p (Please tell me he's at least 18 years old...I'm gonna feel like a sicko if he's like, 15 or something.)

Is it just me or are they showing the figure skating way too sporadically? I mean, I can't keep up because I never know when they're going to be showing it! I've only seen like, a few pairs and a couple of guys skate. It's frustrating -_-
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Puguni » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:19 pm

I seem to only catch Curling...and even though it's a pretty slow sport, I still get excited over it. I don't even know how the rules go.
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:17 pm

Kisa wrote:I can't beleive there is no thread on this!

http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=30682 A thread posted only 2 days before... :/
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Kisa » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:07 am

Tenshi no Ai wrote:http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=30682 A thread posted only 2 days before... :/

Whoops... *sweat*
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Technomancer » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:20 am

Puguni wrote:I seem to only catch Curling...and even though it's a pretty slow sport, I still get excited over it. I don't even know how the rules go.

It gets a lot of airtime up here in Canada; the teams are big news.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Return to General Entertainment