Initial D (Live Action Movie)

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Initial D (Live Action Movie)

Postby TrigunX89 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:59 am

I just saw it at my friend's house the other day, and really enjoyed it. (Actually, I missed some of it. -_-) I haven't really seen the anime or read the manga, so I can't compare. Longtime fans seem to have some complaints, but I as a newbie thought it was great. Has anyone else seen it? What were your thoughts?

I know this may sound stupid, but I can't help it... Anne Suzuki is so kawaii!!! :hits_self
TrigunX89

Postby Locke » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:33 pm

As a long time fan yes I do have complaints.

1. All the girls who dont even know about Initial D go crazy even everytime I mention the lead guys name. The guy is not that good looking in the manga/anime!

Whoa I just have one. Cool. Good movie btw, just horrible acting and casting >_>
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby ssj2gohan61 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:29 pm

I am a long time fan of the anime as well i have seen every episode even the 4th stage which has been fansubbed so far and i dont have tooooo many complaints none really just as Locke said horrible acting and casting
Love is that feeling you get when a girl looks at you and it feels like your driving a car at high speeds and experience a sudden drop. You know what i mean? That sudden sinking feeling you get in your stomach? Yeah, that's love. Leave's you speechless everytime.
ssj2gohan61

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:52 am

I've read a bit of the manga and haven't seen the anime or the live-action, but I'm generally opposed to the translation of anime/manga to live-action on principle. I, presonally, think they're too different as art forms and anime tends to be too stylized to translate properly to live-action. Initial D, however, is probably the most reasonable story to translate, as it's fairly realistic as far as manga goes. It deals with a real sport and real cars. However, I doubt my opinion is informed enough to be worth much, so it's just my two yen.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby V8Tsunami » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:49 pm

I'm a big fan of the series. Eurobeat + cars = pwns me :lol: One of these days I'll have to get my hands on one of those subtitled import box sets or maybe just save my money and grab 3rd stage the movie when it comes out. That is if I can find someone within a hundred miles that has it. I would like to get my hands on the manga though. I've heard that you get some more depth like Keisuke's days riding bikes.

I've seen about half the movie on youtube, so I have no clue what they're saying, so far it seems like it's done a decent job of condensing 3 stages into a 2 hour movie. Not 100% true to the series though. They leave out Kenji, Keisuke, and *sighs* Impact Blue. Plus Bunta wasn't a drunk, Nazakato wasn't buds with the Redsuns, and there never was a 3-way battle. Ryouske was merely following in the Anime.

But what I really wanna know is: what motor do they swap in in the movie? It was a Formula Atlantic 4ag in the anime.
This message has been brought to you by the Members of the My Job Drives Me Nutz Association. :dizzy::hits_self:lol:

"I probably won't enter heaven nice, clean and neat. More like sliding in sideways saying, man, what a ride" :lol:

@)}~ Carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA moderators.
V8Tsunami

Return to General Entertainment