Super Bowl XL

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Arnobius » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:09 pm

Ark wrote:Heh. I am a Madden fan of course. I just hate hearing, "so and so could have beat so and so IF" If's don't matter in the NFL. Indy is a good example of that. Great team, chokes under pressure. Its part of the game. Being the best team, does not mean only winning in your home field...during the regular season. History in the NFL, really only remembers the Superbowl champ teams. Who cares about the Raiders season when they lost to Tampa Bay in the Superbowl? Nobody. Its just the cold side to football. I was really pulling for Cinn this year, because I have never seen the Bengals do good...and I wanted to see them go far. However, if there team was based only on one player, there fools. Its not a team, if the whole thing rides on one guy. Many players try to carry the team...but fail. Ask Peyton Manning about that. (This year he at least had a bit of a team behind him) Facts are, there is only one winner at the end of the year. And debate till were blue in the face, but there still the best team of that year. There are so many parts to having a great football team, one of the biggest elements...is roster depth. As I said, if your team is based on one person...you will not win very many big games. Players get hurt, dealing with injuries is part of the game.

My point in my last post was to say, that I felt Indy was a superior team to Cinn...and Pitt leveled them as well. Fact is, Pitts best thing in this Postseason, has been slapping teams in the face from the get go...and never letting teams get there pace. They did it to Cinn, to Indy, and Denver. And if all goes well for Pitt fans...they will do the same thing to Seattle.

Well somethings will always be remembered... Brady fumbled that ball in the playoff game with the Raiders that gave the Pats their first Superbowl victory ;)
Arnobius

Postby termyt » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:44 am

Doubleshadow wrote:Why am I the hardcore game watcher?

You go, girl. Don't let those poozers get to you. The game is where it is at.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Stephen » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:17 am

Heh AH. Tell me about it. Brady fumbled it, and the refs messed Oakland over. But, thats the NFL. The refs will always suck at there jobs.
Stephen

Postby Doubleshadow » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:56 am

termyt wrote:You go, girl. Don't let those poozers get to you. The game is where it is at.

Why, thank you. At least they know better than to ask me to go get them drinks. We actually have to go round the guys up for half-time devotions, we refering to myself and the pastor.
And some nifty links for your reading enjoyment on the team chaplains and their respective flocks:

http://www.bpnews.net/bpnews.asp?ID=22555
http://www.bpnews.net/bpnews.asp?ID=22554
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:14 pm

Since so many people are saying that the Steelers are going to win and that the
'Hawks don't have a chance in Heck of winning I suggest that we skip the game and simply give the Lombardi Trophy to the Steelers and that way everyone can go home early.*SARCASM*
mitsuki lover

Postby Stephen » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:02 pm

Welcome to prebowl hype. Every single Superbowl has it. Remember "Joes guarantee"? Trash talk is part of the game. Sucker. ;)
Stephen

Postby termyt » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:53 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:Since so many people are saying that the Steelers are going to win and that the
'Hawks don't have a chance in Heck of winning I suggest that we skip the game and simply give the Lombardi Trophy to the Steelers and that way everyone can go home early.*SARCASM*

I know you are getting those vibes from me, but the buzz I've heard is it's going to be a good game. I guess we'll find out in two days.
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby pillar_anime7 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:09 pm

Brady fumbled it, and the refs messed Oakland over. But, thats the NFL. The refs will always suck at there jobs.

We all know by now that a referee's health plan, more than likely, does not include vision. ;)
Simple arithmetic:
FF7 + World War II games = overrated
freedom + things we're lucky to have = taken for granted
manga + anime = a very happy person
Salvation + Jesus' Sacrifice = Eternal Life
a village - its idiot = a lot of smart people
(more to come)

Words of wisdom:
"Who's more foolish: the fool or the fool who follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

"Sometimes Justice is a (insert item here)!" - Kato Kaelin

"You wouldn't lie to a judge with a baseball bat, would you?" - Extreme Akim

"For as low as you go, ask God to take you that high." - Tyler Perry

"I had the right to remain silent...I just didn't have the ability." - Ron White

"Your trademark is stupidity!" - Mr. T

"Your eyes can deceive you, don't trust them." - Obi Wan Kenobi

"If you can't be good, be good at it." - my uncle
(more to come)

Shout-outs:
SaintKevin, Yahshua, and Lunis, you guys rock!; Pillar, Kutless, 12 Stones, Skillet, and Falling Up for rocking hard, and Jesus Christ for being my Rock! :rock:
pillar_anime7

Postby Doubleshadow » Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:32 pm

Anybody else keeping an eye on the weather? If the weather gets to blustery it just might cause trouble for the passing games of both teams. It would be interesting to see how the teams cope.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Nate » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:07 pm

Well, Steelers win, 21-10. :P

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby shooraijin » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:21 pm

w00t. Go AFC.

They were playing Bob Rivers' "There Must Be 50 Ways To Beat The Steelers" earlier today. The guy even *sounds* like Paul Simon.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Stephen » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:41 pm

Sorry to the Seahawks fan, it was a good game. And if they keep there team as is, there gonna be in the Superbowl again soon. Big congrats to Bettis...what a way to go out.
Stephen

Postby glitch1501 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:05 pm

grats :)

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby emersongreen » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:09 pm

football done right.....go STEELERS!
:poke: :bang:
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
emersongreen

Postby Archan » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:05 pm

The commercials were pretty good....not to many movie trailers though, save for MI:III and V, there wasn't much else that caught my fancy. Yes, I'm on of the few who actually watches the Super Bowl solely for the commercials. :sweat:

God Bless,
Archan
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

Postby shooraijin » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:38 am

They're up on iFilm but the server is so slammed that I can't really view anything. I'll wait a couple days.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby termyt » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:43 am

The Seahawks availed themselves with dignity. They played well, but couldn’t cash in on a couple of big plays and were overwhelmed in the second half. I’m happy for the Steelers, and especially Bettis, but the Seattle fans should not feel too bad for themselves.
termyt

Postby Peanut » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:49 pm

Honestly, I don't think this was that great of a super bowl. It should have been but, I really honestly think the refs ruined it. It seemed like every time Seattle tried to get something going, a penalty was called against them. Anyway, I still am really happy that Steelers won and that Bettis finally got a ring. It's a great way to end a great career.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby termyt » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:32 pm

Peanut wrote:Honestly, I don't think this was that great of a super bowl. It should have been but, I really honestly think the refs ruined it. It seemed like every time Seattle tried to get something going, a penalty was called against them. Anyway, I still am really happy that Steelers won and that Bettis finally got a ring. It's a great way to end a great career.

Well then, Seattle shouldn't try to get things going by breaking the rules. Doing a better job on the two-minute drills and wide receivers actually catching the balls thrown at them would be a good start.

But I agree, there are better Super Bowls. Both teams struggled to get their offenses on track, which made for a fine defensive performance except for a few big plays the Steelers snuck in on the Seahawks. But most people want to see offense, so for most people, the game wasn't as exciting as it might have been.

I was a little nervous in the first quarter, but I felt pretty good that the Seahawks only managed three points while the Steeler offense was floundering.
termyt

Previous

Return to General Entertainment