The Spielberg Toons

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

The Spielberg Toons

Postby Chiyocities » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:46 am

Are there people here who were fans of the Steven Spielberg cartoons? Shows like Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, and Freakazoid were among his creations as a producer and were some of the most well-made cartoons in existence. Not only did they have brialliant satire of the politics in that era (early-mid 90's), but they manage to include jokes that both adults and kids would understand.

Sadly, the only recollection I have of these shows are through VHS tapes. I have no idea if there are re-runs for these shows anymore (in the States anyway).
Chiyocities

Postby Lynx » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:39 am

oh my goodness.... i remember watching tiny toons as a kid all the time! i remember elmira babysitting the kids, and i remember "alligator go down the hole!"

lol yeah, good times, good times...
In my heart's sequestered chambers
Lie truths stripped of poet's gloss...
Lynx

Postby Tarnish » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:48 am

I LOVED Pinky and the Brain, it's still one of my favorites ^^. A shame it never came out on DVD.
i draw things

Ponies are for ages six and under.
Tarnish

Postby EireWolf » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:52 am

I loved Tiny Toons and Animaniacs. :grin:
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
[indent]~~Gandalf, in Fellowship of the Ring[/indent]
EireWolf

Postby Tommy » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:16 am

Those were good times.
Tommy

Postby Myoti » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:51 pm

And today what do we have? Crap upon crap.

I miss them... ;_;
Myoti

Postby Archan » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:23 pm

Steven also did another cartoon series that aired roughly a few years ago, it was about a alien race on earth whom was trying to take over, the alien races eyes would change to recognize each other and there was this boy who just found out he was an alien.....they had some doggy aliens as well....anyone remember this? I forgot the title cause it was so long ago, all I remember was that it was about aliens.
Anyways,
Animaniacs rocked!
God bless,
Archan
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

Postby Arnobius » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:54 pm

I remember Tiny Toons. I liked it for the most part, but I wish they had made more episodes.
Arnobius

Postby CreatureArt » Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:10 pm

Archan wrote:Steven also did another cartoon series that aired roughly a few years ago, it was about a alien race on earth whom was trying to take over, the alien races eyes would change to recognize each other and there was this boy who just found out he was an alien.....they had some doggy aliens as well....anyone remember this? I forgot the title cause it was so long ago, all I remember was that it was about aliens.

Actually, from your description, I think I did catch that. I enjoyed what I saw. By Spielberg, huh? I didn't know that. If its the one I'm thinking of it could go part of the way to explaining why I liked it. I loved the Animaniacs, too!
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:20 pm

The Animaniacs were great fun. But my favourite of them was Pinky and the Brain. Tiny Toons was good, but I've never heard of Freakazoid. (possibly never got to Australian shores?)
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby CreatureArt » Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:39 pm

He did Freakazoid too?!!

Wow... I can't believed I missed that one. I loved that show, even though its been... perhaps eight+ years since I last saw it!
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby EireWolf » Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:27 pm

I've never heard of Freakazoid either. But then, I'm out of the loop anyway.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
[indent]~~Gandalf, in Fellowship of the Ring[/indent]
EireWolf

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:16 pm

Freakazoid was freakin' hilarious. I used to watch that all the time. Tiny Toons was pretty fun too.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:19 pm

I remember Freakazoid heheh. Tiny Toons was awsome! Diaper go down the hole...
Shao Feng-Li

Postby bigsleepj » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:32 pm

Freakazoid was excellent, but it was sort of not popular for some reason. Or the Network thought it was not. So they scrapped it. It was a super-hero parody show with some incredibly silly lines that I still quote at random.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby righteous_slave » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:51 am

Tiny Toons and Animaniacs were excellent on many levels. I never got into Freakazoid, although I did hear a lot of good things about it. Same with Pinky and the Brain's solo show.
ImageImage
You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. Rom. 6:18

God can do anything, anytime, anyway He wants to.......if He wants to paint me blue and hang me upside down nekkid from an apple tree, thats alright, as long as it's God doing it. Of course, if He comes through with a directive like that, I might have to ask for some I.D. Michael Wanke
righteous_slave

Postby Chiyocities » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:10 pm

Archan wrote:Steven also did another cartoon series that aired roughly a few years ago, it was about a alien race on earth whom was trying to take over...

I seemed to recall he did something after Freakazoid, but I wasn't sure what the name of it was.

Has anyone seen Wakko's Wish?
Chiyocities

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:03 pm

Tiny toons rocked . so so funny
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Ingemar » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:18 pm

Chiyocities wrote: Not only did they have brialliant satire of the politics in that era (early-mid 90's), but they manage to include jokes that both adults and kids would understand.

Filibuster!
Filibuster!
Filibuster!

"Fill a Buster."

LOL!
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:27 pm

Freakazoid had a catchy theme song.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby CreatureArt » Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:23 pm

The weird thing is... I can remember there was a cool theme song. I can remember it was catchy and always got in my head..

...but I can't actually remember the Freakazoid theme song. @_@
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby creed4 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:00 pm

Archan wrote:
Steven also did another cartoon series that aired roughly a few years ago, it was about a alien race on earth whom was trying to take over, the alien races eyes would change to recognize each other and there was this boy who just found out he was an alien.....they had some doggy aliens as well....anyone remember this? I forgot the title cause it was so long ago, all I remember was that it was about aliens.
Anyways,
Animaniacs rocked!
God bless,
Archan

I think that was Invasion American.
The Kid was a prince, and His father was the Alien's king and his mother was Human, And his Father were fighting the ones who where tring to take earth.
Tis No Fool to lose what he can not keep to gain what he can never lose.
What does it profit a man to gain the World yet lose his soul.
Choose Life that you Might live.
creed4

Postby Myoti » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:48 pm

I think I remember that. Didn't one of them usually turn into a mailbox?
Myoti

Postby CreatureArt » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:46 pm

Not sure about the mailbox thing, Myoti (it's been a while since I watched it) but the title Invasion America and your description sounds a lot like what I remember, creed.
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby Archan » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:36 pm

creed4 wrote:I think that was Invasion American.
The Kid was a prince, and His father was the Alien's king and his mother was Human, And his Father were fighting the ones who where tring to take earth.

You know what, I think you nailed it! The plot sounds familular and everything...do you recall the doggy aliens? They were all blue and looked a little more like giant lizards but they moved in packs and were just as intelligent as other sentient beings. These guys were my fave of the series. But yeah, I think thats the title, kuddos to you Creed, kuddos!

BTW, someone mentioned Wakko's wish, I liked that movie! It was fun, my fave charater in Animaniacs however was Kattie Ka-boom, she was too funny.

God bless,
Archan
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

Postby CreatureArt » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:15 pm

Grayscale Ninja wrote:You can find a mp3 download here. :jump:

:hug: :hugs you and bounces away to download theme song:

Many thanks, Ninja!
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby soul alive » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:32 am

Freakazoid was great. Such a random show. My favorite was him running around with his arms in the air making zooming noises. I still enjoy how if you are in a group of people goofing around and start singing the theme song, at least one person will sing along.

Animaniacs was pretty good as well. Their theme song could really get caught in my head. I don't really remember Tiny Toons, though.

It wasn't a show, but one of my favorite cartoon movies is Spielberg's 'Fievel Goes West.' Such a classic, and really quotable. XD
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Scribs » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:31 pm

ah, Pinky and the Brain. If only there was some way to get that show on the air agian...

Are you pondering what I am pondering?
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:09 am

soul alive wrote:It wasn't a show, but one of my favorite cartoon movies is Spielberg's 'Fievel Goes West.' Such a classic, and really quotable. XD

Yeah can't believe no one's mentioned Fieval or EVEN the ORGINAL Land Before Time! Such great movies... Just watched LBT recently with my friends too^^
Tenshi no Ai

Postby rocklobster » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:31 am

Tenshi no Ai wrote:Yeah can't believe no one's mentioned Fieval or EVEN the ORGINAL Land Before Time! Such great movies... Just watched LBT recently with my friends too^^

Too bad the Land Before Time series jumped the shark after about movie 4, when Spike actually talked.
rocklobster

Next

Return to General Entertainment