World Cup!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

World Cup!

Postby Puguni » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:58 pm

I asked some white guy friends whether they were excited about World Cup as I was and they all went blank for a minute. "Wait...is that...soccer?"

Yes!! Other than pointing out the fact that Americans aren't as excited or as aware as the rest of the world about the World Cup, I'm reminding you all World Cup in Germany is coming in the summer, whether you like it or not.

World Cup - A great international soccer tournament; kind of like the playoffs at the NFL. Only countries who make it can go on.

:P If I seem too excited, it's because Korea made it in. They did so well the last World Cup, but Germany beat them... ;_;
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby oro! » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:53 am

Yes, well overseas (where football is played) the culture is more supporitve of it. We have other sports that seem to take over soccer, so America doesn't pay as much attention.
As for the World Cup, I don't think I can watch it without PPV, so that's out...
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby ClosetOtaku » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:15 pm

I doubt the U.S. will find this World Cup cycle much different -- they drew into a very nasty group; I doubt they will advance.

Good news for South Korea is that it has a good chance to make it to the next round, so long as they don't slack off against Switzerland.
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis
ClosetOtaku

Postby Tommy » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:07 am

I find soccer a wicked fun sport to play but it breaks my heart to watch it it unless I watch my son or daghter play....

In a matter of a decade I could obtain one of those items.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Wild Eagle » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:23 am

:lol: I thought the World Cup would be next year. ^_^; It's probably the only sports-related event I watch.

*waves a Brazilian and German flag*

I want to see India make it into the World Cup. They got disqualified for not wearing shoes the last time. >.<
"Have mercy on me O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion, blot out my transgressions" Psalm 51:1

"Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth, you will again bring me up." Psalm 71:20

"An eye for an eye, will only make the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Wild Eagle

Postby Puguni » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:20 pm

[quote="Wild Eagle"]:lol: I thought the World Cup would be next year. ^_^]

Gah, really? That's not fair. :P

I remember the last time World Cup came around, my grandpa was up at ungodly hours watching Korea play. It was pretty amusing to wake up and see him watch it on his satellite TV, not even getting properly excited about it. XD
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Return to General Entertainment