Indianapolis Colts

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby freerock1 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:53 am

Ark wrote:Sorry man. Looks like I was right. Final score, 31-17.

Ok, you were correct. Although it's kind of hard to compare apples to apples in that game, since the Steelers beat an essentially Carson Palmer-less Bengals team.

Personally I don't think the hit was intended to take Palmer's knee out in the way it did. It's just a shame the way it went down.
Theme Scripture: Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. (Galatians 5:1)

And a verse for all us single folks: Do we have no right to take along a believing wife, as do also the other apostles, the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas? (1 Corinthians 9:5)

:dance: Looking for a GOOD music mix? Check out these stations:
Grey FM Heartland -- a mix of Country and Contemporary Christian music (Listen Now!)
Grey FM Downtown -- a mix of mainstream and Christian pop and rock music (Listen Now!)

More real stuff...
freerock1

Location: In your computer speakers, if you're listening to ChargeRadio.com

Postby termyt » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:15 am

A shame indeed. I wish Palmer had played the entire game and I hope he returns healthy as ever. I'm looking forward to many years of great games from the likes of Palmer, Rothlesburger, and Frye.

That said, Kitna is no slouch. He played a great game. I don't think it's fair to say the Steelers won just because Palmer was injured.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:59 pm

I wish we didn't have to go through the playoffs.I for one would perfer them to simply have the best teams in the AFC and NFC face each other at the end of the season in the Superbowl.Then again I also want to see the best teams in the AL and NL face each other in the World Series and the best teams in the East and West face each other in the NBA Finals.
IMO it is a bit of a travesty that at times the best teams in pro sports are sometimes eliminated in the playoffs so that we don't get what we really actually want:the two teams who have been the best all year long facing each other for the championship.This is what a championship ought to be about.
mitsuki lover

Postby Stephen » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:08 pm

If they are the best team, they will win. Why should a team face no opponents, if they have an easy season? There are teams in the NFL that have good records right now, that will get SMOKED in the playoffs. I for one, like the playoff system. The best complete team, will win. Think about it, do you think a team who has wins over teams like Oakland, Houston, or Tenn should be ranked better then a team with losses to teams like New England or Indy? Psh. Not quite. I could care less if a team goes 13-0 in the regular season. That does not matter. What matters, is how your team plays in the playoffs. If your team goes 13-1, and there one loss is in the playoffs, they don't deserve to be champions. A champion who is under no pressure, is no Champion.

Anyway. There saying Carson Palmers knee is worse then they thought. Hopefully he gets well soon.
Stephen

Postby pillar_anime7 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:22 pm

Here are my picks for the divisional round of the playoffs:

I'm taking the Colts over the Steelers, the Broncos over the Patriots, the Panthers over the Bears, and my very unlikely upset pick, the Redskins over the Seahawks.
Simple arithmetic:
FF7 + World War II games = overrated
freedom + things we're lucky to have = taken for granted
manga + anime = a very happy person
Salvation + Jesus' Sacrifice = Eternal Life
a village - its idiot = a lot of smart people
(more to come)

Words of wisdom:
"Who's more foolish: the fool or the fool who follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

"Sometimes Justice is a (insert item here)!" - Kato Kaelin

"You wouldn't lie to a judge with a baseball bat, would you?" - Extreme Akim

"For as low as you go, ask God to take you that high." - Tyler Perry

"I had the right to remain silent...I just didn't have the ability." - Ron White

"Your trademark is stupidity!" - Mr. T

"Your eyes can deceive you, don't trust them." - Obi Wan Kenobi

"If you can't be good, be good at it." - my uncle
(more to come)

Shout-outs:
SaintKevin, Yahshua, and Lunis, you guys rock!; Pillar, Kutless, 12 Stones, Skillet, and Falling Up for rocking hard, and Jesus Christ for being my Rock! :rock:
pillar_anime7

Postby Stephen » Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:53 pm

I am shocked. Pats are LOSING. If Denver wins, I will love Denver for the rest of my days. I won't let myself get my hopes up since its only half time. But CMON DENVER PLEASE! lol. And yes, Seattle knocked off Washington. No shocker there.
Stephen

Postby pillar_anime7 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:14 pm

The Patriots just scored their first touchdown of the game but they're still down by 11. If the Broncos were playing against the Colts, I would still be worried because Tom Brady isn't the kind of quarterback that can pull off a comeback where they're down by three scores in the 4th quarter like Peyton Manning can.
Simple arithmetic:
(more to come)

Words of wisdom:

"I had the right to remain silent...I just didn't have the ability." - Ron White

(more to come)

Shout-outs:
SaintKevin, Yahshua, and Lunis, you guys rock!; Pillar, Kutless, 12 Stones, Skillet, and Falling Up for rocking hard, and Jesus Christ for being my Rock! :rock:
pillar_anime7

Postby Stephen » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:33 pm

ROFL. Where have you been the last like 4 years of the NFL Pillar_anime? The Pats are one of the worst teams to play against because they never give up. Ask Oakland fans (me) about the snowbowl. The Broncos are going to win, (theres like 2 min left now) but the Patriots were one of the best teams in the NFL this year. Injuries plagued them. I hate to see the Pats win, but I also don't allow blind team hate to question there ability. There is a reason why they have won 3 Superbowls in the last 4 years. Its not by being a lousy team. Most of the Pats big games, were come from behind wins. By Vinataris foot. As far as QB's go, I belive Tom Brady is the best in the league right now. He preforms heads and shoulders above Manning in pressure situations. They just got beat today.
Stephen

Postby termyt » Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:50 am

Well, I would just like to shamelessly plug myself right now. I am 6-0 in playoff predictions. I do this now because my biggest longshot pick so far starts in about an hour.
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Yojimbo » Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:55 am

termyt wrote:Well, I would just like to shamelessly plug myself right now. I am 6-0 in playoff predictions. I do this now because my biggest longshot pick so far starts in about an hour.

And you're about to be 6-1 here.:P

EDIT:Ughhh Colt's are playing terrible... We should of pulled some risks earlier in the 3rd Quarter.

EDIT: OH boy we could do it here there's plenty of time to get a TD or even a field goal to tie it!
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Stephen » Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:32 pm

Heh how do those words taste Yojimbo? The Colts are done. What an upset! I loved the game, absolutly loved it. It had everything good games need. Both teams had chances. Peyton diden't choke at the big time....this time, his kicker did.
Stephen

Postby pillar_anime7 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:34 pm

It's just gone final, and the Steelers BEAT the Colts. Vanderjagt missed a field goal that would have sent the game in overtime. That is the biggest shocker of this postseason, maybe the biggest upset in the last few years. This is the first time that a #6 seed makes it to the conference championship game.
Simple arithmetic:
(more to come)

Words of wisdom:

(more to come)

Shout-outs:
pillar_anime7

Postby glitch1501 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:11 pm

i was really hoping that the final drive for the colts would end in a touchdown, and a win

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:27 pm

See this is why I think it is always better if they go to the Superbowl right after the season and have the top teams from the NFC and AFC all season play each other and skip the playoffs.I mean let's face it everyone was hoping for a Colts versus Seahawks Superbowl.
mitsuki lover

Postby PleaseDrinkMilk » Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:48 pm

The Colts are cursed, man. :drool:
Hooray for zero-G.
PleaseDrinkMilk

Postby Stephen » Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:28 pm

See this is why I think it is always better if they go to the Superbowl right after the season and have the top teams from the NFC and AFC all season play each other and skip the playoffs.I mean let's face it everyone was hoping for a Colts versus Seahawks Superbowl.

So you would prefer the undeserving to play? Forget that. If you are the best, you will win your way to the top. I guess you don't understand that some teams in the NFL have easier seasons then others. (let alone teams that hide in there little domes) Face it folks, Pitt played the best game they have in years, and deserve to be in the title game. (Indy would have beat Seattle anyway)
Stephen

Postby pillar_anime7 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:31 pm

Now that the divisional round is over, i'll make my picks for the conference championship games. I'll take the Seahawks over the Panthers, and my upset pick, the Steelers over the Broncos. Jerome Bettis getting a conference championship ring, and a Super Bowl ring, is very long overdue. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Ben Roethlisberger the first quarterback to lead his team to back-to-back conference championship games in his first two years as an NFL quarterback?
Simple arithmetic:
(more to come)

Words of wisdom:

(more to come)

Shout-outs:
pillar_anime7

Postby Stephen » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:35 pm

Man. I don't know in the NFC title game. Everyone expects Seattle to win. I think I will go with the underdog and pick Carolina. In Denver and Pitt, I like Pitt.
Stephen

Postby termyt » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:12 am

This thread should now be renamed to Pittsburgh Steelers.

The Steelers dominated the whole game and deserved to win - they had the plan and the execution - that was a win from the coaches down to the players - everyone did there part.

The Colts almost pulled it out in the most bizarre ending to a game I’ve ever seen. The Steelers have had a knack this season for finding the most obscure rules to work against them – the interception is just the icing on the cake.

I’m 8-0 in my picks (I didn’t win the CAA Pick’em League for nothing this year), but this week has a wrench in it. We don’t know if Alexander is going to play. Tat will have a big effect on the game. Foster is out, but that’s not as big an impact for Carolina.

So, first a little history. This season, the Panthers pitched the first playoff shutout since 1980 when the LA Rams pitched a shutout on the way to the Super Bowl. What happened there? They were crushed by the Steelers.

So once again, an NFC team has shut out another in the playoffs. Will that team go on to be crushed by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the Super Bowl?

I’ll pick the Steelers and the Panthers in a pair of upsets this weekend. If Alexander is deemed health by Thursday, though, I think that will change the outcome of the game. I will have to revisit my pick. (Is that allowed?)
termyt

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:40 pm

I am for obvious reasons rooting for the Seahawks and Broncos.It makes sense for me to root for the 'Hawks but why you ask am I rooting for the Broncos.Simply this:IF Seattle and Denver both win then the Superbowl can be nicknamed the AFC
WEST BOWL!
It would be one of those ironies IF Seattle faced their former rival in the AFC West in the Superbowl.
mitsuki lover

Postby Peanut » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:03 pm

I would like to see a Seahawks/Steelers Superbowl just because I like both teams. But, I really don't think that is going to happen. I've got a bad feeling that Steve Smith is going to Obliderate the Seattle secondary. It's kind of sad actually, the Seahawks always seem to have a knack for loosing playoff games. Of course, another team I really like, the West Virginia Mountaineers, have a knack for loosing bowl games. In fact I honestly thought they were going to loose the Sugar bowl for that very reason and look what happened to them.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby pillar_anime7 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:48 pm

Here's a little bit of trivia for you guys. In 1992, Bill Cowher became head coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Since then, he has taken the team to 5 AFC Championship games (not counting the one that's being played tomorrow) and have lost 4 out of the 5 times they've been there. Name the one them they beat in that game and the two teams, other than New England, that beat them in that game.
Simple arithmetic:
(more to come)

Words of wisdom:

(more to come)

Shout-outs:
pillar_anime7

Postby termyt » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:26 am

Without looking it up, I think they beat San Diego and they got beat be San Diego and Denver.

Considering their 1-4 record, is it any wonder that Steeler fans are actually happy that the Steelers are playing on the road?
termyt

Postby pillar_anime7 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:58 am

You were right about San Diego and Denver, but they beat the Indianapolis Colts in the 1995 (technically, the game was played in 1996) AFC Championship game. I might need to make a separate thread dedicated to NFL trivia.
Simple arithmetic:
(more to come)

Words of wisdom:

(more to come)

Shout-outs:
pillar_anime7

Previous

Return to General Entertainment