Hostel

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Hostel

Postby ashfire » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:47 pm

I had heard that this movie was #1 at the box office this weekend placing "The Chronicles Of Narnia #2.
From what I have heard of this movie on a talk show a man took his 13 year old son to see it. The first part of the movie is filled with sex scenes. The last part is filled with people being tortured and killed by rich people getting their jollies while they stay in a European hostel. I have heard the scenes are very graphic.
People calling in said they almost vomited from seeing it.
It is hard to believe this movie made #1 the first days it was show.
I guess peoples curiosity will make anything #1.
I myself would not even see such a movie.
Nightmare on Elm Street is tame compare to this movie from what I heard.
ashfire

Postby TrigunX89 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:50 pm

Yeah, that's basically what I've heard. My sister was greatly disturbed by the previews alone. It's no secret that Tarentino likes to make gory movies. I don't want to see it.
TrigunX89

Postby Locke » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:53 pm

Having read the script, I would say this would be my favorite new movie of the year.
As for it being number 1 in theaters, fans of Saw where the main demographic.

Yes it has almost soft core nudity, yes it is gory and makes Nightmare look like Nighmare Before Christmas, but remember, this was done by the guy who did Cabin Fever.
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:11 pm

First, let's get some things straight...

19.6 mil opening weekend for hostel
65 mil opening weekend for Chronicles

That being said, the movie cost $4.5 mil to make to make... For a movie to make back over 3 times it's cost in one weekend... That's quite a feat.

Um... I won't watch this... I hate slashers and torture... I am mildly happy for it's success, though... It will keep a decent face on horror until Silent Hill comes out... THough, the fact SH is based on a video game, people may look more at Bluweood Rabollyne (and by that I mean "Blood Rayne") than Hostel... *sigh*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby inkjet1987 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:22 pm

TrigunX89 wrote:Yeah, that's basically what I've heard. My sister was greatly disturbed by the previews alone. It's no secret that Tarentino likes to make gory movies. I don't want to see it.

Tarentino only presented this movie. He was not involved in the creation process. As for me, I am a big fan of Saw, but even this movie sounds a little insane for me.
inkjet1987

Postby PleaseDrinkMilk » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:39 pm

Yeah, I heard people passed out in the initial screenings. I don't really like horror/gore films, but for some reason I am drawn to this one. I have the feeling I will be covering my eyes like a child if I end up seeing it in theaters. :shake:
Hooray for zero-G.
PleaseDrinkMilk

Postby TrigunX89 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:11 am

I have a feeling that seeing this movie would keep me awake at night. It's happened before...
TrigunX89

Postby termyt » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:11 am

I will not see this movie, but I would be interested in the comments of anyone who actually does. Has anyone seen it?
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:42 pm

*bumps topic slightly cause I didn't notice it was here before*

I for once was in NO way going to watch Saw thinking it was about some game where people had to cut individual limbs off each other :/ Then I heard it actually had a story and a REALLY good one at that :/ Then my friends brought it over in daylight and we watched it. The ending I now say it the no. 1 most twisted/unsuspected ending I have ever seen... and I hear the sequel is just as good and I'll rent it when it comes out next weekish.

As for Hostel I was so shocked on the commercials themselves. Although, from what I heard from people, the first part of the movie is total sexuality in it (which... turns me off :/) Even Saw didn't have that :/ And well, the violence is similar to Saw, so I hear. I thought Saw would actually SHOW the carving of a leg, but it went off camera, to my surprise. This two I heard "you see a drill coming towards a chest, and then the camera moves away. Then it turns back and you see two holes in the guy's chest."

So really, it's more the terror that makes the film freaky and doesn't really even show the gore, so I think. I mean, I was so freaked about the girl's headthing on Saw and it creeped me out just THINKING about it's effects, and of course, nothing was shown :/ There were a few bloody moments, but pretty light stuff (and I haven't actually seen two many horrors to compare with^^)
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Rocketshipper » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:20 pm

I saw it. It was ok. The first part did have a ton of nudity and sexual jokes, but there were a few amusing lines, and I did end up caring for the characters. The second half of the show had some good suspense and some scary moments, and I liked the overall plot. I also really liked the settings; the rural country and the town were beautiful and the warehouse where everything went down was very creepy. I was dissapointed that the show had so much swearing and nudity, and that it spent so much time on all the sexual stuff at the beginning. The trailers make the movie out to be really ultra gory and disturbing, but actully it wasn't nearly as graphic as I expected it to be, and the horror aspect didn't really seem to take up that much of the movie. I have to say though that I thought it was a MILLION times better than Cabin Fever.
Jessie and James, together forever!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!! Save me!!

Eternal Defender of Tracey Sketchit. If you are a Brock lover, beware ^_^

"Like the moon over
the day, my genius and brawn
are lost on these fools"-Bowser, Super Mario RPG

Confused about the meaning of the screen name??

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/RocketShipping

Go here and be enlightened ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Click the above link...I dare you.

http://community.livejournal.com/ship_manifesto/87185.html

The best essay on Junzumi shipping ever ^^.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rocketshipper
Rocketshipper

Return to General Entertainment