Anyone seen Kingdom of Heaven?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Anyone seen Kingdom of Heaven?

Postby Jaltus-bot » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:29 pm

It's one of my favorite movies.
When I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Asdvadz hedut ullah! (W. Armenian, "May God bless you!")

It's cosplay, get used to it.

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him."

"One of the nice things about diseases of the brain is they tend to slip your mind." Colbert
Jaltus-bot

Postby Nightshade X » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:49 am

Yes I have... and now I own it! ^^
Nightshade X

Postby Stephen » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:16 am

I thought it was pretty good. Not the best movie ever, but a fun flick to watch.
Stephen

Postby Yojimbo » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:23 pm

It was a decent epic war movie. Can't say I really liked Orlando Bloom that much as the lead. He wasn't terrible by any means, but deffinetly didn't seem that genuine in that role to me. And that romance was very lame and felt tacked on so they could sshow they had some kind of romance in the trailers. I liked Edward Norton and Liam Neeson in it though. The Crusades have always interested me and there were some nice historical nuances in there. I haven't seen it since I did in the theatre so I can't remember everything. But a part I had a hard time believing historically was on Blooms character's land there were Jews, Christians, and Muslims living there in "peace and harmoney."
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Sakura15 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:27 pm

I saw it, it was pretty good =)
[color="SeaGreen"]
"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." -Isaiah 41:13
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
If I don't have You, Jesus?
What in this life
Could mean any more?- Starfield
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby Jaltus-bot » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:05 pm

I really liked the way it was also about how to live. It also had some great quotes in it. One of my favorites is:

You see, none of us chose our end really. A king may move a man, a father may claim a son. But remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convinient at the time. This will not suffice. Remember that. ~ King Baldwin IV
When I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Asdvadz hedut ullah! (W. Armenian, "May God bless you!")

It's cosplay, get used to it.

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him."

"One of the nice things about diseases of the brain is they tend to slip your mind." Colbert
Jaltus-bot

Postby Archan » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:34 pm

I saw it with some buds from my church....
I liked it, my fav character was the Leper King of Jerusalem, he was cool. The romance thing did seem kind of just.....thrown in there. And I really didn't get Orlandos character developing a conscience and not taking the King's sister as his bride and becoming the new King even though he just commited adultry with her....yeah. Anyways, other then that I thought it was all great, wish Liam was in it more though. My fav part is when you see King Richard the Lion Hearted ride off to reclaim Jerusalem....I was all giddy and saying, "Dude, now the Robin Hood stories are gonna be set in motion in England! That rocks!"

I have a Crusader sword with the crest of Richart the Lion Hearted on the tip of the Hilt, and the coat of Arms of "El Cid" at the guard....think it was a mistake though by someone who thought El Cid's arms were that of King Richards, oh well. It still looks pretty hanging on my wall :grin:

God bless,
Archan
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

Postby Puritan » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:53 pm

Although I havn't seen the movie, the crusades are one of my favorite times in history to read about. Actually, from what I've read the kingdoms set up by the crusaders tended to be pretty peaceful, with the rulers (especially the Knights Templar) tending to allow people a freedom of religion unheard of in the rest of the world. They weren't perfect by any means, but they were more reasonable than most. People were hardly sitting around camp fires and singing Kumbaya, but things were better than much of the world at that time.
Puritan

Postby TallHobbit86 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:13 am

i saw kingdom of heaven three times and got the dvd from my brother for christmas. the movie has its flaws, but overall it is epic and enjoyable, though more violent than a lot of similar movies in that genre
King Moonracer: Don't tell me I need a root canal. This is a secret message... XD
Hermey the Elf, D.D.S: You need a root canal. Secret Bumping Club Member #9
King Moonracer: I asked you not to tell me that. geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html
TallHobbit86

Postby Maledicte » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:53 am

EDIT: How on earth did this get in here!?
Maledicte

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:56 pm

Kingdom of heaven is good and yea i own it i liked it but it seemed to drag on a bit sometimes
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Taka » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:34 am

I saw it.. and it was ok, i enjoyed it, but i wouldn't go out of my way to see it again. I do remember the romance was really randomly thrown in there, I agree with you on that.
And I'll stop this pretending that I can
Somehow deserve what I already have
I need You to love me
Barlow Girl
Taka

Return to General Entertainment