Ender's Game movie

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Ender's Game movie

Postby Locke » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:09 pm

Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby Aka-chan » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:33 am

I hope it actually comes about; I loved that series.
Aka-chan

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:31 am

It sounds as though this is very likely to be developed as planned, though there could be delays. Evidently there is a fair amount of support and work already placed into it.

Also, the movie is taken both from the original Ender's Game and from Ender's Shadow. I wonder if that means they'll merely expand the plot using the latter parallel novel, or if there will be two different plot threads about Ender and Bean.
uc pseudonym

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:47 pm

YAYYYYYYYY!! ^_^

but it's been in production for alomst two years...is this still gonna happen??
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Puritan » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:23 pm

I loved the book, but a live action movie doesn't really interest me. I mean, think about it, could they really get enough good 8-10 year old actors to play those parts? I personally just don't see how you could replicate the book's environment with actors that age. During the whole book, my mental image of the characters was older than they actually were, and imagining them as their age just struck me wrong, they were just too mature.
Puritan

Postby Locke » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:07 pm

Puritan wrote:I loved the book, but a live action movie doesn't really interest me. I mean, think about it, could they really get enough good 8-10 year old actors to play those parts? I personally just don't see how you could replicate the book's environment with actors that age. During the whole book, my mental image of the characters was older than they actually were, and imagining them as their age just struck me wrong, they were just too mature.

Easy, get the kid from The Sixth Sense to play Ender and Dakota Fanning to play Petra.

Though they need a REALLY short kid to play Bean.
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby Anti-me » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:46 am

Was Ender's Shadow any good?
Anti-me

Postby Aka-chan » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:33 pm

Locke wrote:Easy, get the kid from The Sixth Sense to play Ender
I think he's a bit too old by now...
Anti-me wrote:Was Ender's Shadow any good?

It sure was. At least, I really enjoyed it.
Aka-chan

Postby Myoti » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:03 pm

What exactly IS Ender's Game?
Myoti

Postby Link Antilles » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:17 am

Myoti wrote:What exactly IS Ender's Game?

-The best Science Fiction novel since 1984 and Dune… in my humble opinion. I highly recommend picking it up. Very entertaining read, even if you’re not exactly a Sci-fi fan.
Link Antilles

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:10 pm

To give you more details, it is about a world in which humanity is threatened by an alien race called the Buggers. That isn't the real point, though: the military needs supergeniuses to lead their armies, and they have developed an orbiting school for this very purpose. Ender Wiggan is a boy who just may be the perfect commander they need. The best parts of the book are about psychology, not hard science. I'd recommend it as well.
uc pseudonym

Postby Myoti » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:53 pm

Oh, I'm a sci-fi fan, believe it or not (loved Dune, BTW).

I tried to find this one at our Library, but they were all out. Blargh...

Must find, though. Sounds pretty interesting.
Myoti

Postby SnowLeopard » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:31 pm

A friend and I were discussing this book, and we came to the agreement that it will be really hard to find that many kids that can play geniuses.

One alternative she suggested was to do this movie as an anime.

You don't have to worry about actors, and anime is very good at conveying a persons inner thoughts, which is REALLY important for this movie.

Just my 2 cents

I have a mind like a steel trap. Rusty, unsafe, and illegal in 48 states.

Forgive my idiosyncrasies, for if they did not exist, neither would I.
SnowLeopard

Postby The Last Bard » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:41 pm

The kid from Sixth Sense? ROTL He's WAY too old now.
The Last Bard

Postby Doe Johnson » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:09 pm

If they ever finish this movie, they better do it well! Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow are my two all time favorite Sci-Fi novels ever! I didn't care so much about the Speaker for the Dead, etc track, but those two were simply awesome! (I actually read the Ender's Game short story the other day, which COMPLETELY leaves out Ender's emotions, and I started bawling just from the memory of extra book scenes) I'm much more of a Fantasy reader usually(I hated Dune btw, too weird with the religions - I now have an urge to go buy a Catholic Bible and paint it orange).
So, to answer your question Anti-me, Ender's Shadow was great. It was basically Ender's Game from the view-point of Bean, so you learn more of what actually happened with Ender behind his back and more about the awesomeness that is Bean.

I personally think kids can be much more mature than people seem to give them credit for. Children are generally serious about what they are doing, they just don't have the experience to do it correctly/efficiently all the time. At least, that was my experience. I think I might have acted more mature in 6th grade than I do now. So, I believe there are plenty of children actors out there able to fill the parts, they just need to find them.
The #1 Fan of mastersquirrel's Voice!

In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri. - Douglas Adams
I smell cinnamon roll-y!!

You fight like a dairy farmer!
The Giver of Quality Hugs
I felt a great bump in the Thread, as if millions of posts suddenly bumped in terror and were suddenly silenced.

No - My birthday isn't really on the Ides of March, but that is the fake date I use everywhere on the Internet.
Adopted: ishy

the cc is special ground, cc's provide protection to all who seek shelter there, no violence can be done in a cower corner - it is known
Doe Johnson

Return to General Entertainment