The Book Of Daniel

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

The Book Of Daniel

Postby Locke » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:18 pm

"Manga? Is that some sort of marijana??"

Anyone else counting the seconds before its cancelled?
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby PigtailsJazz » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:23 pm

I'm almost hoping it will be... I'm really sick of the media showing a really horrible portrayal of Christianity. Ew.
PigtailsJazz

Postby shooraijin » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:27 pm

Yeah, I don't have a great lot of confidence in it either. While some of the concepts are interesting, ultimately it's very unflattering.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Puritan » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:38 pm

Heh, one of the guys at my work was reading an article about it to me. He was saying that it claimed to be showing typical family life problems of today, but when he read that every family member of the minister in the story (who is evidentally the main character) were either homosexual, married to a homosexual, on drugs, or otherwise, we decided it sounded more like a bad soap opera.
Puritan

Postby pillar_anime7 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:50 pm

Anyone else counting the seconds before its cancelled?

I'm predicting that it will break The Mike O'Malley Show's record of shortest time on network television among sitcoms before getting cancelled. Since one episode has already aired, if it lasts past a third episode, then my prediction will be wasted typing.
Simple arithmetic:
FF7 + World War II games = overrated
freedom + things we're lucky to have = taken for granted
manga + anime = a very happy person
Salvation + Jesus' Sacrifice = Eternal Life
a village - its idiot = a lot of smart people
(more to come)

Words of wisdom:
"Who's more foolish: the fool or the fool who follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

"Sometimes Justice is a (insert item here)!" - Kato Kaelin

"You wouldn't lie to a judge with a baseball bat, would you?" - Extreme Akim

"For as low as you go, ask God to take you that high." - Tyler Perry

"I had the right to remain silent...I just didn't have the ability." - Ron White

"Your trademark is stupidity!" - Mr. T

"Your eyes can deceive you, don't trust them." - Obi Wan Kenobi

"If you can't be good, be good at it." - my uncle
(more to come)

Shout-outs:
SaintKevin, Yahshua, and Lunis, you guys rock!; Pillar, Kutless, 12 Stones, Skillet, and Falling Up for rocking hard, and Jesus Christ for being my Rock! :rock:
pillar_anime7

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:21 pm

I only hope this show is cancelled quickly. :shady:
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Ingemar » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:39 pm

pillar_anime7 wrote:I'm predicting that it will break The Mike O'Malley Show's record of shortest time on network television among sitcoms before getting cancelled. Since one episode has already aired, if it lasts past a third episode, then my prediction will be wasted typing.

Well I dunno--there was one show that was cancelled before its first episode finished.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Nate » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:51 pm

Ingemar wrote:Well I dunno--there was one show that was cancelled before its first episode finished.

I can't believe we got cancelled! Weeeeeell, join us next time, kids! In syndication! Or maybe on DVD!

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Ingemar » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:12 am

I wasn't thinking of the Limozeen cartoon show.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Scribs » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:28 am

Doesnt sound any good to me, but somtimes things like that do better than they ought to in the ratings.
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Mave » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:29 am

It's one thing to trash Christians, it's another to put words into what Jesus Christ says.

I can put up with the former since we are all imperfect. But isn't the latter stepping into the blasphemous category?
Mave

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:48 pm

Actually, I could see this surviving. Here in Kansas, several stations refused to air the show. After one of the larger newspapers ran this as a story, they received such a flurry of complaints that they changed their decision. It has been said "all press is good press" and I think many will watch who would otherwise have ignored the show.

That having been said, there is no chance I'll watch it (this applies to 98% of what is on television). Also, I'm not terribly fond of them having Jesus actually appear in the show. Not only do I not approve, it seems out of place.
uc pseudonym

Postby creed4 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:20 pm

So far every thing I have heard has abhored me, So I won't be watching it
Tis No Fool to lose what he can not keep to gain what he can never lose.
What does it profit a man to gain the World yet lose his soul.
Choose Life that you Might live.
creed4

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:04 pm

Yeah, I've heard of this. I know I won't be watching, either. I mean, sure, Christians do sin, but to purpously make them look like absolute hypocrites is just...wrong, to me. Anyways, I heard from an article somewhere that the creator of the show is a homosexual. Go figure.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Archan » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:49 pm

Hum,
This all reminds me of the really bad TV movie of Noah that came out a few years back starring John Voigt. Anyone remember that? I was weeping sad tears throughout the whole film, it was aweful.

Why doesn't TNT continue to do Biblical movies? I luved their movies, Daniel I liked, Samson was pretty good, Abraham was actually one of my favs. However, to see Leonard Nimoy play Samuel and strike down the King the Saul failed to kill with Saul's own sword.....that was just awesome. It was my fav moment of all these movies.

But yeah, after reading UC's reply, I will agree that due to controversy, the show will probably recieve more attention now then it did before....much like Broke Back Mountain....gah!

God Bless,
Josh
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

Postby shooraijin » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:12 pm

Well, let's not bring Brokeback Mountain into this discussion, as that opens up another whole can of worms.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Archan » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:18 pm

shooraijin wrote:Well, let's not bring Brokeback Mountain into this discussion, as that opens up another whole can of worms.

*Laughs* Very true very true....I extend my full apology. I'm sorry, I wont mention that film again.

Seriously though, I really hope TNT does another series of Biblical movies....show these chumps who are doing this series how to do it right.....GAH!

Id like to see movies concentrated on the book of Judges....for me that was the barbarian times for Israel...and the Judges rock. Shagmar, Ehod, Deborah, Jephthah! I luv reading these stories, the war stories of the Bible are so captivating for me.

God bless,
Archan
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

Postby creed4 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:06 pm

I would like to see christian produce more media. It seem all we put out are apopolitic show, we need to verity.
On that note I here of a sit-com about a christian pastor that was made by a christian, does anyone know more?
creed4

Postby ashfire » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:47 pm

The only other show I have seen where Jesus appears to the main character is Rescue Me (On FX) about the New York City firefighter who is trying to get his life together after Sept 11. Acourse the show has some R rated words and scenes but you have to realize that the lives of some firefighters is hard.
I understand the WB canceled 7th Heaven which I would say may have been a better show.
ashfire

Postby Myoti » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:00 pm

Heard about this in our Youth Class.

We could (hope and prayerfully) be seeing this get down. I believe there is something that states, "The Lord will not be mocked"?
Myoti

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:00 pm

I read an article on this today. Ugh, it's an utter atrocity. The creator/director states that he's not mocking Christianity at all, which is not true. NBC is doing badly right now anyways, so all they want is to get some racy show on their channel that will push the envelope further than it should be. Anyways, let's just hope this gets pulled soon. :)
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Archan » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:05 pm

ashfire wrote:The only other show I have seen where Jesus appears to the main character is Rescue Me (On FX) about the New York City firefighter who is trying to get his life together after Sept 11. Acourse the show has some R rated words and scenes but you have to realize that the lives of some firefighters is hard.
I understand the WB canceled 7th Heaven which I would say may have been a better show.

You know, I honestly was never a fan of 7th Heaven....
In fact I tried to stomach through an episode and couldn't do it.....I tried, but alas such is not for me.

there was a show called Joan of Arcadia that was a round for a while, I saw only clips but thought the premis was cool, God appearing to this little college Girl as different people from a old Library attendant to a Bus driver to a random school mate....was very neat. Anyone know anymore about this show?

there was one show I was absolutely hooked on, and this is because I study ALOT of the books and prophecies of Revelation as well as Daniel....the show was called "Revelation" in fact...and I was hooked. Alot of people said it was evil, but for me it was like "Left Behind" series meets "Scilence of the Lambs" (Not in terms of graphic subject matter, though this show had alot, but in terms of Suspense). I never got to finish the whole thing though, I got only so far as the main characters son being kidnapped by the Satanic cult while he was working with the Roman church to decypher the lost scrolls of Apocrypha in a race to locate the key to Armageddon...It sound cliche I know but it was soooooo good. Anyone else know about this show?

God Bless,
Archan
Archan

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:05 pm

Yeah, Revelations was good but it did take some liberties with the story. But it was a fiction version of Revelations so I'm not fussed.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby creed4 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:21 pm

7th heaven went way off track the last few seasons....
creed4

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:42 pm

I do recall WB having this apocalyptic tv series about the second comming of christ and all that stuff. When I watched that I was shocked yet amused on how much stereotypes there were.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Archan » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:09 pm

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:Yeah, Revelations was good but it did take some liberties with the story. But it was a fiction version of Revelations so I'm not fussed.

Yeah, but then again all "End of the World" movies do this because, well....if there was no hope for the main characters then it wouldn't really be a compelling story.

There were sterotypes as Smarty P. pointed out....but I liked how they were used. The main character pretty much turned his back on faith and God because his daughter was kidnapped by a Satanic cult and sacrificed. Later on, as a Shrink for cultic and religious patients, he runs into an old case of a well known Satanic worshiper whom is awaiting trial, and soon finds himself trying to put together pieces of solving more to the case of his daughter then he thought. Meanwhile, his son (Whom feels guilty for his sister because he was suppose to pick her up from school, but forgot hence leading up to the kidnapping) is slowly tricked into being led admist another Satanic coven whom they keep alive to use as leverage against his Father whose out trying to (unknowingly) save the world. I just really liked it, it was a "Abosulute Fact" verses "Unabsolute Faith" relationship that they built the main character to be. He hated religion, he hated God, and became a self proclaimed athiest....and is then jarred from his beliefs not by a christian, but by a Satanic priest...it was just a really good play of characters. Boy I miss this show....*Sigh*

God bless,
Archan
Archan

Postby ReiRei » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:11 pm

Good news! After airing 4 episodes The Book of Danial has been canceled. :D *dances*
ReiRei

Postby PigtailsJazz » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:10 pm

Yay!!!!!
PigtailsJazz

Postby Archan » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:27 pm

ReiRei wrote:Good news! After airing 4 episodes The Book of Danial has been canceled. :D *dances*

Too groovey! :dance:
Archan

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:06 am

Haha yup, I heard that on the radio. It had 3 episodes and got shut doowwwn

... Do you think it will appear on DVDs?
Mr. SmartyPants

Next

Return to General Entertainment