Broadway in NYC

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Broadway in NYC

Postby Kawaiikneko » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:26 pm

Hey everyone, I'm going to NYC on Martin Luther King weekend and I was wondering if there were any musicals being shown on Broadway right now that you'd suggest. I REEEAAALLLYYY want to see Wicked, but its sold out through June. We're still trying to get tickets through the hotel, and there's always Premium tickets but they're really expensive. We were also thinking maybe Fiddler on the Roof... hmm Any ideas?
Kawaiikneko

Postby meboeck » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:40 pm

Fiddler on the Roof is an excellent musical, but I will warn you, it's long. If you like Monty Python, you might want to check out Spamalot. I've also heard great things about The Lion King.
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby Arnobius » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:45 pm

The only musical currently running I know is "Avenue Q", but it has many profanities and adult themes... would be an R I think if rated as a movie. You don't want to see that one I'm sure
Arnobius

Postby Anti-me » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:52 pm

I went to NYC recently, and was going to try to see Chitty Chitty Bang, that sounds cool
Anti-me

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:53 pm

See if Phantom of the Opera is playing. :D! Also, I've heard that The Lion King is PHENOMENAL, so you may want to check that one out, too. Some Broadway shows are always playing, I think. Anyways, Fiddler on the Roof is one of my favorites, and you could also check My Fair Lady. That's a great show, even though I've never actually BEEN to a Broadway play...I want to someday SOON, though!! :D
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Kawaiikneko » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:32 pm

I would love to see Phantom on Broadway, but we just saw it here in Columbus in August...
oh but I forgot about Lion King. That might be a good one.
Kawaiikneko

Postby CrossMovement » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:04 am

Kawaiikneko wrote:Hey everyone, I'm going to NYC on Martin Luther King weekend and I was wondering if there were any musicals being shown on Broadway right now that you'd suggest. I REEEAAALLLYYY want to see Wicked, but its sold out through June. We're still trying to get tickets through the hotel, and there's always Premium tickets but they're really expensive. We were also thinking maybe Fiddler on the Roof... hmm Any ideas?

I strongly recommend The Phantom of The Opera. That play is awesome!
[font=Tahoma]98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.[/font]

(\_/)
(O.o) Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
(> <) Help Him Achieve World Domination...

And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of sorrows. Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake. And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. [color=Red]But he who endures to the end shall be saved.
-Matthew: 24: 6-13[/color]
CrossMovement

Postby Tarnish » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:39 pm

I HIGHLY recommend Fiddler on the Roof. I have a low tolerance for both long shows, and musicals, but I loved it.
i draw things

Ponies are for ages six and under.
Tarnish

Postby Kawaiikneko » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:23 pm

I've already seen both Fiddler on the Roof and Phantom of the Opera, and while I wouldn't mind seeing them again, I'd really like to see something new. Also, Wicked is becoming more of a possibility *cheers*
Kawaiikneko

Postby Da Rabid Duckie » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:26 pm

If you didn't notice the above mentioning of Phantom of the Opera, here's another one:

Go see Phantom of the Opera.
Da Rabid Duckie -- Taking Over Your Country In Three Posts Or Less.

Join the Proud Nation of Temuoplis! Koei, Temuoplis!

Law of Japanese Animation #11 (Law of Inherent Combustibility)
Everything explodes. Everything.

In both real life and video games,
anything can be solved through the mass application of explosives. -- The Duck

Da Rabid Duckie, concerning Gypsy wrote:Gypsy doesn't realize this, but she's ditching whomever she's with and we're getting married. Uh huh. Yeah. Lil bro Zilch can be the best man, it'll be an explosive ceremony. Everyone is invited! We'll serve poutine at the reception, Straylight can DJ, and Shatterheart can start a mosh pit!
Gypsy, in acceptance wrote:Explosives and poutine? Alright!
Hey... she said it... :p
Da Rabid Duckie

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:44 pm

Hey, if you get to see Wicked, be sure to tell us how it is! I've heard it's WONDERFUL! :D Anyways, hope you find a great show! :thumb:
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Return to General Entertainment